DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Good to see you again Elf! I was just talking to Precious about you this past weekend. Good things for sure. :cheers:

Oh, I'm sipping gin and tonic tonight. Some of it is ok. *smile*

My glasses lack labels but I'm drinking the stuff anyway. The verte and blanche were way good and disappeared far too fast and I'm now savoring a tasty martini. To lengthening days and all the promise that they hold! :cheers:

Good to see you again Elf! I was just talking to Precious about you this past weekend. Good things for sure. :cheers:

Hope ya'll are doin' well. Been busy here. I hope to get out West soon. We'll get together fo sho. :twitchsmile:

Ron's trying to make the end of July as the official NW Montana Wormwood Festival. I have a raft, an extra flyrod and I know where the fish hang out. :wave2:

Leopold does indeed make absinthe, and many here think very highly of it. I'm not sure I would recommend it as a first absinthe, because its flavor is a little eccentric and atypical. I would start with Walton Waters or Marteau if I had my heart set on an absinthe distilled in America. Both are truly excellent and are "classic" vertes through and through.

Good advice, IMHO, if you've never had Absinthe before. Our Absinthe doesn't have as many historical underpinnings as, say, Pacifique.

Ron's trying to make the end of July as the official NW Montana Wormwood Festival. I have a raft, an extra flyrod and I know where the fish hang out. :wave2:

Ohhhhh Shit!!!!!

Pencilin' in on the calendar.

Montana in July?

As of now, sadly no. Once I secure an income, we'll see if its rate allows for such grand(e) plans!

Ron's trying to make the end of July as the official NW Montana Wormwood Festival.

Hope you don't mind, Joe!

Ohhhhh Shit!!!!!

Pencilin' in on the calendar.

+1

As of now, sadly no.

Ron's trying to make the end of July as the official NW Montana Wormwood Festival.
Hope you don't mind, Joe!

Mind? We are counting on it! :cheers:

Just poured a glass of Taboo from a very new bottle and discovered that they have dispensed with the plastic cork. It's a real one now. Louche is a bit thinner as well ....

Just poured a glass of Taboo from a very new bottle and discovered that they have dispensed with the plastic cork. It's a real one now. Louche is a bit thinner as well ....

I like that they use wooden corks now. On the bottles sold in Quebec the label is a tad different as well. The French translation says "Authentique Absenthe" :laf:

I've noticed differences between bottles as well. I had one where the green color was barely noticeable. And I noticed this when I was in the process of explaining the difference between blanche and verte absinthe to a friend. When I prepared the Taboo she said "So that's a blanche?" I said it was supposed to be a verte. There's nothing wrong with the bottles I've had recently though. I seem to like it more and more everytime I try it.

After being force fed 21 year old scotch for 3 days on a a biz trip (and enjoying it) I settled into a nice evening with both Meadow of Love and La Clandestine. These two compliment each other quite well.

This is what transpired between the two bottles, with a 3rd I didn't drink from tossing in an aside:

La Clandestine: I insist you go first MOL!

MOL: Why if you insist!

La Clandestine: Indeed I do.

MOL: Come up and see me some time

Vieux Pontarlier: Taisez-vous, j'ai besoin de dormir! (shut up I need to sleep)

Tuaca. Went out to the freezer and there it was...I dont remember how(or why) it got there :laugh:

:thumbup: As soon as I read it, Tuaca went on my list to pick up tomorrow.

Finishing my glass of absinthe and going to bed :3872-DrunkBanana:

:cheers:

Had my first taste of Vieux Carre last night, thanks to a sample from sbmac. This is from the latest, lighter colored release. Very nice and herbal, I was really impressed. Followed it up with a glass of Pacifique, a bit more anise-forward than the VC, always delicious.

I'm about to pour a wee nip of Paddy's to celebrate the day. Right now I'm having an O'hara's Irish Stout that is just OK.

I've never had Paddy's. I was drinking a Blackthorn cocktail with Bushmills to celebrate St. Paddys (i'm Irish) and to celebrate my grandfather's passing who passed away at this time last year but I just spilled it! :angry:

Well, I'll just have to make another one.

If you happen to stop by Ulrich's tavern, (the best place to celebrate St. Paddy's Day in Buffalo, IMO) say hi to Jamie Daly (the owner) for me. ;) :cheers: