DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Yesterday the monkeys arrived with my #2 fountain from La Maison d'Absinthe, so last night it was Montmartre, VdF, NO, CLB, and La Valote Bovet (not in that order). I've gotta say, this was my first time even using a fountain and it was really like discovering absinthe all over again...it made every drink that much more exciting. It hard to look at it sitting there without louching a glass...

A couple glasses of Clams La Bleue and some amber lagers.

Sitting on the porch and watching the storms come in and lightning strike the river about a half mile away.

I like Bahstan during these moments.

Now you can feel the humidity rolling in, yuck.

First Course: La Chouffe Golden Ale

Main Course: Grand Cru

Desert: Moon Man #42 and/or a 1911 Cusenier Creme de Menthe

Stomp got his fountain. Yay! It's pretty great, huh?

I know LdF stopped shipping to C a n a d a this year. Who are you ordering your absinthe from?

After sitting for about a month and a half I just had the last of my Prototype#23. Man did I enjoy that stuff. I'd take that over ED any day! Anyone else like the #23 or tried the #27 and how was it?

Stomp got his fountain. Yay! It's pretty great, huh?

I know LdF stopped shipping to C a n a d a this year. Who are you ordering your absinthe from?

Brooks, the fountain is amazing, I love it! It also makes a great display piece (and I'm sure conversation starter) there in the living room.

Nobody is shipping to Canada anymore unfortunately, making it much harder for me to stay in stock. For the past 6 months or so, Andy and Spirits Corner were the only 2 vendors still shipping to Canada, which is how I have most of the bottles I have now (aside from those I recently picked up in Paris). But they too have now stopped shipping here (actually, I'm not sure about FSC). Luckily, I have a friend from Cleveland who goes back there every two months or so and who has volunteered to bring back packages for me if I have them shipped to her Cleveland address. So now I will order from LdF and have it shipped to her there for her to bring back on a semi-regular basis. She is a life saver. Of sorts.

Canada is usually more chilled-out and sensible about these things than we are. I'm surprised.

Anyway, that's a very good friend you have in Cleveland!

I think it has less to do with the law about not sending alcohol in the mail (as far as I'm aware the USA has the same law) and more to do with the various provincial governments wanting to keep strict control of all liquor sales (taxes!). Either way it's frustrating, especially when all that is readily available is Pernod 68, Hill's, and La Fée. I enjoy La Fée now and again, but those are seriously limited options (the other 2 I won't go near). Hopefully the situation will change and the liquor boards will get smart, but until then I'm very relieved to have an alternative (and it means I can finally order the Jade products, Eichelberger, etc). I won't have to eyeball those bottle levels quite so intensely...

Trying Captain Morgan's Tattoo, mixed w/ Diet Coke; the Coke's a bit flat, but I'm finding that it helps bring out the flavor in the rum.

By the by, I've just made my first order with Liqueurs de France; I expect a visit from the flying monkeys sometime this week. :cheers:

Started the evening out with a glass of Montpilliar, followed by a Don De Dieu, and now on to Apricot ale.

I'm reading the Divinci Code even though it is a work of fiction. Says so right in the intro. A novel - "a extended fictional work in prose; usually in the form of a story "

But you Canuckians can run down to your local liquor store and have them order just about any absinthe you want.

You just need to buy a case of it, unless you can convince them to stock it.

Late Summer, Fall.   I'll get the Waypoints set.  6 max on the 36ft & 6 max on the 46ft.

Catalina islands.  Sail out of Marina Del Rey.

Stroller, I'm a newbie, and you're my first post! I'm a local, so if there's a party to be had...

:drunk:

He he, well that could be me in 30 years from now, perhaps. No, I'm nr 3 from the left, the guy in the black long coat.

Brooks, you're quite right there – all of us felt the same; the Swiss landscape with its alps and huts looked just like one had imagined. A very beautiful country indeed. Next visit there will be in the more westerly parts, I hope.

What a pity with your fountain, Shai! Is it beyond all repairs?

I used to have a dog, so I know the feeling when your pet breaks something that you really not…wanted to be broken. At first you'd gladly go with TrainerAZ's advice, but then you just cannot be mad at them for such a long time. It's something with those little innocent, affection yearning eyes that always make you melt in the end...

(At least that is true with dogs. I've never had a cat, so I can not be sure about those little rascals of course.)

Ah! A person who actually kinda resembles his avatar! And cats aren't all bad, but the minute one breaks a bottle of my "precious"...to the street!

Your pictures from your trip are incredible! Here in CA, we have individual mountains and ranges that are higher (sometimes twice) than some of those beautiful Alps, but we never get the snow that makes them outstanding! And I know you weren't at the highest peaks. Mountains just take one's breath away, don't they?

I have a mountain range that is around 4,000 meters high that I see whenever I go outside of my apartment. If only we had snow in Los Angeles! I'm not a native here, and grew up with lots of snow, just not these mountains.

You're a sweet Swede! :wave2:

Hiram discourages discussions of HG ice cream on the forum. We don't want people coming on here trying to find underground sources for rock salt, or talking openly about recipes, crank times, etc.

And I sorta promised I wouldn't post yet on these types of recipes.... :harhar:

Apropos nothing, I move we introduce an additional emoticon for laughter — one that falls midway between a close-mouthed smile and pounding-the-floor-gasping-for-breath.

I would propose an emoticon for something beyond pounding-the-floor-gasping-for-breath, but the emoticon I had in mind might wind me up in the Cornfield again.

May I suggest this emoticon for Spanish absinthes:

post-655-1148805718.gif

Sunstone Merlot

And when you've spent your last buck,

there's always "Two-buck Chuck".

Edited by Hiram

But you Canuckians can run down to your local liquor store and have them order just about any absinthe you want.

You just need to buy a case of it, unless you can convince them to stock it.

In Ontario anyways, it's not that easy, even if you do have the money to pay all the LCBO taxes and freight costs. I inquired a while back about importing any of the Jade products and they said no, based on the t-jone levels exceeding the Health Canada recommended limit of 1mg/L. The law regarding t-jone in Canada is pretty confusing - it would seem that it's the same as the EU regulations, but Health Canada advises this 1mg/L limit and the LCBO follows that. However, as per their own records, they say that Absente (which they carry) has 3.4mg/L of t-jone. I was under the impression that it had none, which was the whole point of the products existence, but if it does have the level they claim, and they are carrying it, then that should obliterate their 1mg/L regulation. Anyways, I'm ranting. But the point: I tried to import the Jade product through them and they denied me. So Cleveland it will be.

Most definitely. 

Welcome! :cheers:

P.S. I merged your posts; one long one is better than a bunch of successive short ones.

Thanks for doing that, Hiram! I didn't know how to do that!

Also, what program did you use to creat this forum? I have 5 Gb of webspace and I'm trying to find a nice forum program to use there. Any bits of info on that will be greatly appreciated!

:cheers:

Evening Ladies and Gents.

Had a great cook out with the family today (instead of tomarrow) with the usual hamburgers, brauts (steamed in beer, then grilled), Kegstand Biohazard baked beans, apple pie and home made icecream.

I'm relaxing with a Hefe while starting an all night mash. Tomarrow I'm brewing three batches of beer. Saison, Cream Ale and 75 Schlitz clone.

No absinthe tonight. Last night I got pretty blitzed while reading. I'm backing off toinght.

And and early Happy Memorial Day, especially well wishes to those who have served, or are in service now. Prayers for a safe return for those over seas.

Memorial Day cook out time: CLB, Duplais and a double-dose of Frankie Guy. Yes, I still like it, too.

What Master Gimp said, "Happy Memorial Day," :cheers: and a safe return home, indeed.