DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Drinking Jagermiester for the first time since college. Saw Drinkboy's Mahogany Cocktail recipe and had to try it.

It is quite good, actually :)

The last time I had Jager, I was camping. My brother-in-law and I were the last ones up at the campfire, drinking and talking, both sitting on the top of the picnic table with our feet resting on the bench. Next thing I remember, I come out a of stupor, look over at him, and he's also just seated hunched over, dozing. We must have looked like two dopes to any observers. It's a wonder we both didn't fall off the table face first into the embers! :drunk:

My friend was a rep for a company that picked up 'Schwartzhog' last year, somewhat like Jager with orange flavor. I haven't really seen much of it in New York though and it seems like Jagermeister is still quite popular nowadays. I probably haven't had Jager in over 20 years (yeah since college like most everyone else), it's not a taste one forgets easily I'll give it that.

I haven't had Jagermiester. No real reason, I just never got around to it.

So far tonight, I've just been drinking water. No real reason for that either.

Maybe a bowl of CocaPuffs will set me right.

Bottled water ... Same thing I've been drinking for the last 50 days I've been in BEAUTIFUL Haiti :/ Today's selection of water was Nestlé Pure Life purified water.

Oh how I need a beer ...

I feel your pain, brother.

I had a small glass of Genepi Liqueur last night. Got in too late for dinner so it was my salad and desert.

The stuff was quite relaxing and tasty. :cheers:

Some Matusalem Gran Reserva, and later tonight I will open a new bottle of Armagnac. I don't have a clue which one, but I am blessed to have several to choose from. :cheers:

Just louched up a glass of La Coquette, it's been a while. Color is a bit dark and louche is a bit dirty, but the anise-perfume aroma is just what I was after. And then the big flavor attack with the first sip, ok, that's NOT what I was after. Tasty, but a bit more intensity than I was looking for. It'll be interesting to see if I'm in the mood for a second glass of anything after this.

Might as well swap out milk with some of that mocha drink you once mentioned. :twitchsmile:

Chocolatey-Mocha Goodness!

But my CocaPuffs were all fizzy.

I'll make certain plenty of my fizzy ale is stored in a cool dark corner until you come to visit. :cheers:

Sipping on a couple of glasses of absinthe tonight. Comparative study, doncha know.

I had a small glass of Genepi Liqueur last night.

The stuff was quite relaxing and tasty. :cheers:

Did you share with Precious? :devil:

I'm enjoying a tumbler of beet juice. Healthy stuff. Genepy sounds more appealing.

Now I need to find or create a cocktail incorporating large amounts of beet juice.

What spirit would work best? Gin? A splash of absinthe? Vodka is a given, of course.

Time for some scientific study.

I haven't had Jagermiester. No real reason, I just never got around to it.

So far tonight, I've just been drinking water. No real reason for that either.

Maybe a bowl of CocaPuffs will set me right.

Kudos on the Cocoa Puffs. Truly one of the great wonders of the world. As far as Jagermeister,

too many memories from 12 years of my ex in-laws and their friends...some marching around drunk on the stuff extolling the virtues of Hitler (one actually had a Nazi pin in his hat) and getting more and more racist with each sip. I know it isn't poor ol' Jager's fault, and that REAL Germans (the ones from MODERN Germany...not left-over expatriates from the 50s like my ex in laws) would be just as mortified as I was...Still...it's a tactile and painful memory. Also, the stuff gives you a wicked hangover!

Tonight I'm sipping VP at 5:1 never went that high before seeing Gwydion's new video...Not bad I must say! Perhaps a wee too thin for me, but the funkier Jades and such will most likely be more drinkable at this higher ratio.

I'm off on business for a few days. I'll miss ye new friends!

Edited by sbmac

Now I need to find or create a cocktail incorporating large amounts of beet juice.

What spirit would work best? Gin? A splash of absinthe? Vodka is a given, of course.

We sometimes do a maple syrup glaze on our beets, delicious.

Not sure how that helps with building a cocktail, but I just love beets.

Good luck Jules, keep us posted, I'm intrigued! :cheers:

La Charlotte, for my sins.

Actually, it's not half bad, provided one gives it plenty of sugar. Also, my bottle has aged a bit since I first opened it, which seems to have helped.

It's good to hear that Canadian liquor options are better, once one ventures outside of the absinthe paradigm. :harhar: :cheers:

Actually, Canadian sloth and lethargy kicked in and I ended up pouring some DeLord Hors d'Age from a previously opened bottle. Then my Canadian wobbly head hit the pillow and I went to sleep to the sound of dogsleds and their riders yelling "Mush!" in the distance.

Eh? :cheers:

A verte that seems too heavy on the angelica. A bit perfumed for my tastes, but maybe shelving it a while will help smooth that out some.

Either way, it's going down the gullet and not down the sink! :cheers:

Edited by kaseijin

Sipped some more of that Berger clone, and it was almost as wondrous as its pre-ban antecedent, except maybe for the missing Rolls Royce leather. :)