DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The best curacao on the market in the US is probably Marie Brizard, but it's difficult to track down, even online.

That will change next week.

Which part? ;)

But you still won't be able to get it in PA. ;)

I'm shocked. Shocked!

Looks like I'll have to resort to other means, as usual.

Work is causing me to violate my "no drinking on school nights" rule. :no2:

For me, that's always been more of a guideline than a rule...

...I think it's time for a verte of some sort.

I like the way you think, Marlow.

Doc, my students drive me to drink (and I always thank them for the ride).

Jules and I are sampling gins, tonight.

Which part? ;)

Heh, I actually just realized what you wrote....that it was the best curacao available in America, rather than the best American Curacao. I was reacting to the notion that ours would be the only curacao made in America....low bar, I know.

The only crappy thing about living in PA is the stupid liquor laws. I was actually born in PA. My dad designed the trails, rest area, and showers at Federal park near Warren. Beautiful State.

Ending my evening with a tall cooler of Leopold Rocky Mountain Blackberry Liqueur on the rocks with a splash of club soda; refreshing and a pleasant reminder of the (soon) coming warm weather in the Rockies. Delicious. :cheers:

Next up, The Daily Show and a bowl of Coco Puffs.

Today's dentist visit was more ouchy than anticipated.

Sort of to be expected from a profession that hasn't progressed much since the day that it was practiced by barbers .....

Which part? ;)

Heh, I actually just realized what you wrote....that it was the best curacao available in America, rather than the best American Curacao. I was reacting to the notion that ours would be the only curacao made in America....low bar, I know.

Just yanking your chain a little, Leopold. :wave2:

Man, I would seriously love to get my hands on that stuff. I guess my best bet would be DC or VA. Too bad your fine products don't seem to be available in MD, which is a lot closer. Sigh.

Huntington is halfway out on the north shore of LI, about 1 hour from NYC by car or train.

Great town.

Especially if Oaxaca is still open.

They served a very rich dish call Independencia that was one of my all time Mexican favorites. :biggrin:

Absinthe Party! PF1901 (2007), Vieux Pontarlier, Roquette & Amerique 1912. Although my set up is not as classy as sbmac's- We'll be playing old re-runs of MacGyver when everyone is over :laf:

I have been drinking so many many things. Beer, whiskey, absinthe, and maybe a Brown Derby with some fresh from Florida grapefruit juice.

I have been drinking so many many things. Beer, whiskey, absinthe, and maybe a Brown Derby...

Want to talk about it? :cheers:

I'm still on Vicodin and soda, but as soon as I'm able, I'll raise a glass of absinthe to Desert Wolf and everyone that contributed to the 20,000 posts in this excellent thread. :cheers:

Edited by Green Baron

Lost Abbey Sepents Stout last night. Like liquid coffee/chocolate fudge in a bottle with a dryish finish.

Very nice.

Also, two versions of Besançon clone, one with a higher degree of anise than I'm used to. It was very nice, but I still prefer the original.

I capped of the evening with two more glasses of that incredible one-off artisanal la bleue, thanks to my very generous and genial host.

Which part? ;)

Awesome! Congratulations!!

I wanted some orange curacao for some unusual frappe, so my friend said she'd get it. Told her what I wanted. Didn't expect any of the good brands (would have been ecstatic if it'd been Senior). I got a 750 of Hiram Walker Orange Curacao. :no:

Will VA have your (I'm quite certain very wonderful) curacao in say early May? Maybe I can get a friend to order me some and have it waiting for me.

I uh,,ya have reached a new low, I put cake icing on a Twinkee,,why do I even have Twinkees,,

No it is all a lie,,,,,I kinda put the icing in a bowl and dipped the Twinkee in it,,

well was down 5 pounds this week.

Oh ya,Taboo,,Guiness rocks

Edited by mattsback

I kinda put the icing in a bowl and dipped the Twinkee in it

You made that sound like a bad thing. :dev-cheers:

A decent blanche to start the evening. *smile*

Had a Navy Grog (complete with molded ice cone!) earlier, made from the pages of my new but already much-perused copy of Beachbum Berry Remixed.

Now I'm on to a Brooklyn, made according to Dr. Cocktail's recipe in VSAFC, with Torani Amer subbing in for Amer Picon. Yum yum!

My drink choices seem to be reflecting the wildly seesawing, schizo Spring/Winter (Sprinter? Wing?) weather we're having here in PA! Coincidence? I think not.