DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Old Chub Scottish style ale. Tame hops, medium chocolaty, brown sugar, and something amidst those malty flavors that strongly reminds me of Earl Grey tea. I'm even starting to wonder if they used bergamot? Anyway, I really like this beer.

Edited by Green Baron

Well sitting here in my hotel room, after a day of class's.

I am sipping my Kübler 53. I forgot to bring my glass, sugar and spoon. So I am using a paper coffee cup, and a packet of sugar from the condiment bag from the coffee pot.

Sadly, my first cup I used way to much water, so I will prepare a second one here shorty.

Twin Tec, Maitresse, Duplais and a few others that I don't want to go upstairs and look at the labels to see what brand they are... I think they are DuVallon? :huh:

the Maitresse is probably my favorite tonight

a nice faded from red to nearly blonde but such a wonderful blend of flavors!

I hope this comes back into production

very smooth and rich

the Twin Tec is surprisingly really well done and is probably one of the most balanced absinthes I have ever had

the DuVallon's are an interesting absinthe and are quite delicious...

that being said, I think it's time for a louche!

:cheers:

Edited by Wayek

A cup of fair trade Colombian coffee is going down nice. Last night was an ounce of Boulard Calvados. I really liked that stuff when I first tried it, and I like it even more now. Awesome apple flavor!

very smooth and rich

the Twin Tec is surprisingly really well done and is probably one of the most balanced absinthes I have ever had

Yeah, the Maitresse was a favorite of mine too, nicely blended delicate floral goodness. Aided of course by that wonderful Pontarlier wormwood.

I don't know how long you've had the Twin Tec, but my bottle was nearly empty by the time it breathed into its full potential, so my advice would be to take it easy with that .5l bottle and come back to see how it's doing later.

I think tonight may be the night....after kids are in bed, to break out the 1914 Pernod Fils sample and

try half a glass. I will most likely film an HD clip of the louche in good lighting with a white background. I'll probably sample the same ratio of PF 1901 as a comparison at the same time.

I went through the French pronunciation sound files on the main WS site awhile back. I'm not really the world's most avid Francophile, but I gotta say, I love the way words like Besançon and Fougerolles are pronounced.

I made a bunch of grenadine syrup, but since I don't feel like making a monkey gland, I settled for experimenting with a Tomate (absinthe plus grenadine). I wasn't sure what I thought about it at first, but this aint bad at all.

Have been indulging in peachcellos and absinthe through the afternoon. :dribble: (oh shyte, it's turned into evening already)

After having read the entire "What are you cooking tonight" thread.....I'm in the mood for something not on my usual menu. So I got out the family cookbook and am on a hunt for someone to prepare my grandmother's recipe for striped bass. I'm too unfamiliar with fish to not mangle it....better left to able hands. :blush:

At any rate, must have more absinthe...

:cheers: all

I had a little absinthe, a little beer, a little wine, and now a Monkey Gland. All things in moderation, and surprisingly I'm not even slightly tipsy!

My green eyed lady is doing up her 1st grader's report cards...I can't even go near her right now she's so

buried in work!

Good thing there's other things to keep me occupied....like a 96 year old green-eyed fairy who seems so much younger than her years.

More cocktails were had and now I am tipsy. It always happens if I keep drinking and press on in spite of my body's resistance to succumbing to the delicious boozes.

I am curently dipping into my Duplais Verte with just a tad of sugar.......truely quality stuff....

thank you very much RueVerte :cheers:

very smooth and rich

Yeah, the Maitresse was a favorite of mine too, nicely blended delicate floral goodness. Aided of course by that wonderful Pontarlier wormwood.

I don't know how long you've had the Twin Tec, but my bottle was nearly empty by the time it breathed into its full potential, so my advice would be to take it easy with that .5l bottle and come back to see how it's doing later.

the Twin Tec has only been sitting here for a couple of days and it is very enjoyable as it is! the Maitresse is another absinthe all on it's own and is a very nice blend if herbs and anise and is probably close to what I would call a 'perfect absinthe'

All things in moderation, and surprisingly I'm not even slightly tipsy!

Uh oh. Sounds like temperance! Ben Franklin would be proud!

More cocktails were had and now I am tipsy. It always happens if I keep drinking and press on in spite of my body's resistance to succumbing to the delicious boozes.

Nevermind. She's cool :cheers:

What, mods don't get the "edited" tag? :tongue:

Or do ya just gotta be real fast? Either way if it was about the Baby Saz, it was worth the mention. :cheers:

Edited by Green Baron

It's kinda like being a college teacher, you can go back five years to change grades. :devil:

That's probably not true with being a Mod, although, now that you mention it, there were a lot of embarrassing early posts!

(The Baby Saz is some tasty Rye!)

That sounds really good. I've never heard a beer get compared to Earl Grey tea before, but I'm not very educated on beer. After reading so much about The Abyss here, I was hoping to be able to try it once I moved to the Pacific Northwest. Without knowing that, one of my wife's friends gave us a bottle of that as well as Black Butte as a belated wedding present. It lived up to the hype and then some.

Earlier I had some chocolate ice cream with a little Grand Marnier drizzled over it. It was very tasty.

Old Chub Scottish style ale. Tame hops, medium chocolaty, brown sugar, and something amidst those malty flavors that strongly reminds me of Earl Grey tea. I'm even starting to wonder if they used bergamot? Anyway, I really like this beer.

Sorry, I meant to quote this in my last post. I should have previewed it first.

Edited by Ryan Winn (ubu)