DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Slightly chillier up here.

Perfect weather for Old Horizontal and Ten Fidy.

Well, okay, not nearly as perfect as the weather in D.C., but, hey...

I figured La Clandestine would go with the snow... "Have a blanche with the avalanche"

is what I always say! We'll have up to 18" by morning.

"End of the line my valentine."

Bottom line: We're all brothers and sisters and need each other, and in fact are responsible for each other's happiness and success in life. We are in fact, all each other... Hard to swallow at times, but true.

It isn't hard to walk this walk, but the majority of people sticking to the surface of this rotating rock don't seem to walk it.

For these last few days around my roommate's birthday, this has rung so, so true. He has some remarkable, wonderful people around him, and I feel so fortunate to call some of them my friends now, too.

...since the Quaker establishment decided to loosen the noose around the neck of the beer laws.

:angry2:

;)

Seriously, though, those who are clutching onto neo-teetotalling laws are Quaker in name only.

In my home state (MA) we blame the Puritanical residue for the stupid shipping laws. :biggrin:

On my 2nd glass of La Clandestine Recette Marianne...Verrrry nice... light, spicy and tasty. Seriously yummy stuff. Now I'm not so grumpy about all the snow. I'd send it to you Hedonmonkey, if my magic powers

were as strong as they were a few years ago...I used to be able to make it snow with a song I wrote...really.

Edited by sbmac

Working on another glass... :yahoo:

I have no doubts that you can send me snow....others have. Dancing outside naked works too. Just remember to come in when you can't feel your, ummmmm, extremities. Come in and warm up with some cognac or Absinthe (naturally).....and a fire and good company. Yeah, I'll shut up now. :cheers:

It's been a while since I've had one, and I reckon it will be quite a while before I try one again.

Sippin on a tasty verte now.

Huh, that's a new one for me Baubel. A nice Tremblement de Terre using an absinthe with a good grape base and louched about 2:1 usually does the trick for me. Had not thought about adding vermouth.

Edited by Green Baron

After dealing with the snow for about 5 hours I've managed to empty my PLCB issue bottle of Aberlour 15. Sadly, I just checked and found that the state no longer carries Aberlour as a standard item. Still have an unopened bottle of the Double Cask I picked up passing through Heathrow and a bottle of a'bunadh.

Besançon clone last night.

Damn, did I miss that stuff!

Also, an absolutely superlative la bleue, perhaps one of the best absinthes (verte or blanche) that I've ever had the honor to sip, and I'm not even a la bleue guy. :heart: