DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The flying monkeys delivered a parcel today.

This night it's Jade NO and La Capricieuse Absinthe.

A couple of each and i'm toast. Been a long week.

I feel much better now.

:cheers:

So . . . um . . . is the Sour Puss good?

I have a wee bit of chartreuse and some kinda wheat beer in the fridge. Probably water tonight.

Filterated, of course. Yum.

Just to be a total pain-in-the-ass,

I hate Ben&Jerrys.

I use my own ice cream maker.

Blueberry/lemon is fucking awesome.

Hardly a pain in the ass. I prefer my own ice cream concoctions to most CO ice cream, too. After five glasses of absinthe, a great mess is all I would have made.

Espresso, trying to wake up. I'm sitting in my office wondering if I should go home. I thought my staff needed help this morning but they have it covered.

I'm celebrating a really productive week by treating myself to a glass of Sour Puss Verte.

Is it good? The challenge is keeping the tears of joy out of the drink.

Good? It underlines the tragic beauty of mortality, that our senses do not survive beyond our physical life.

Is it good? I used to think that "Love is all you need." But now I know that, romantic sentiment aside, I need both love and great absinthe.

Braggin' I'm a Noztrilla retard

...Wha? I am victim of the word filter in a way I do not understand, "b-a-s-t-i-d" my new england accent spelling of b-a-s-t-a-r-d came out "I'm a Noztrilla retard". While I am sure that is horribly funny to someone, I must be a word filter retard.

Braggin' I'm a Noztrilla retard

...Wha?  I am victim of the word filter in a way I do not understand,

:laf: It's a legacy filter.

Once were Cozy Noztrils (a pun on Cosa Nostra), a user group at FV composed of all the loudmouthed jackasses, post-padders, emoticon addicts, absinthe thugs, enforcers and goons, etc. They were the FAQ Police. I was among them, I'm ashamed to say.

"Noztrilla Speak" evolved into a pseudo-mob-like accent which became over-done and annoying. When I first founded this place, I wanted to discourage it here.

Sadly, the attitude continues to creep in like virtual kudzu.

Mango-pear smoothie this morning, followed by something a bit more substantial for breakfast later. Or, since I just checked the clock and discovered it's almost noon, something more substantial for lunch.

"Noztrilla retard Speak" evolved into a pseudo-mob-like accent which became over-done and annoying.  When I first founded this place, I wanted to discourage it here.

Sadly, the attitude continues to creep in like virtual kudzu.

Fogeddaboudit! :heart:

I use my own ice cream maker.

I prefer my own ice cream concoctions to most CO ice cream, too.

Hiram discourages discussions of HG ice cream on the forum. We don't want people coming on here trying to find underground sources for rock salt, or talking openly about recipes, crank times, etc.

Apropos nothing, I move we introduce an additional emoticon for laughter — one that falls midway between a close-mouthed smile and pounding-the-floor-gasping-for-breath.

By showing teeth without rolling on the ground, the Mosh Pit's emoticon strikes a nice balance:

post-143-1148149956.jpg

Perhaps we can find something similar? I'm not suggesting we replace :laf:. But it would be nice to have another option for those moments when hilarity is not unrestrained.

Just the ticket! Didn't see him hiding out on page 2.

Boss, can we move him to page 1 for quick access?

Okay, I just finished my first glass.  I'm a bit disappointed. :(

I am glad it's only a half liter bottle.

Really? I've only tasted it but my first impression was very favorable. What did you not like about it?

It's got a funky aftertaste.

This is gonna sound funny but the aftertaste reminds me of a scene in A Christmas Story when Ralphy had a bar of lifebouy in his mouth.

Okay, I couldn't stand it. I just oceaned it.

I'm gonna have a glass of CLB.

Scotch, as per usual. Hubby and Father-in-law are in P-town on a week's long adventure, so it's just the girls and me,

a little Star Wars, a bottle of scotch and thee...

and sorry to hear about the Duplais, Stroller. That's the good thing about here;it's a learning curve for us all, not just for you.

I went back & read some reviews. The best description was "dishwater". That is exactly what I tasted. I kept thinking soap but not clean. Dishwater is the right term.

I'd try it again, personally. I'm on my second glass of La Muse Verte, Le Pastis d' Autrefois, not absinthe. Not much mouth feel and a complexity that barely surpasses one dimensional, I have become prejudiced by absinthe.

It is Saturday so I'm off the wagon. Well, I should have been off the wagon Friday but I was with the ILs and got into the Braves game and forgot to get a glass of vert.

Tonight has been beer night. Yetti Imperial Stout, Turbo Dog, SNPA.

Tomarrow will be a vert evening.

Apropos nothing, I move we introduce an additional emoticon for laughter — one that falls midway between a close-mouthed smile and pounding-the-floor-gasping-for-breath.

I would propose an emoticon for something beyond pounding-the-floor-gasping-for-breath, but the emoticon I had in mind might wind me up in the Cornfield again.

Tonight was the night for disposing of all my "partials:" Duplais, Eichelberger, La Valote Bovet & EdPdF, a night of mixed emotions. (I still have Old Yeller, Brutal & Marianne to get me through.) A friend of mine won ~$5700 by hitting the trifecta at the Preakness. He helped me drain my partials, so maybe he'll buy me a bottle? :cheers: