DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I had the chance to be around Marianne Faithful for a while one summer many years ago.
Talk about a poster-girl for the period! Great photo. I first went to Swingin' London in '65, when every women under 30 was attempting that look — and not always successfully.

My own sad stab at grooviness consisted of a camel-colored Nehru jacket and navy-blue bellbottoms with yellow pinstripes.

The photo of Marianne Faithfull (I changed the spelling of her name

I hesitated over the spelling but went ahead and pulled the trigger anyway. Guess the joke's on me. But we were on a first-names-only basis anyway.

Wow! The monkeys just brought Marianne (Clandestine, not Faithfull) to me in record time, just under 58 hours from order to delivery! eAbsinthe.com was the vendor.

I will be hitting the tonic water tonight. Unfortunatly, sans gin.

My wife and I have been staying with her folks to take care of them the last couple of days and won't be back home till Saturday.

The lack of beer will not hurt my attempt to achieve, by next week, the weight I was 6 years ago.

The ILs are tea-toatlers and I dont' drink around them.

On a brighter note, I have four flasks :shock: of yeast starters going to begin another brewing extravaganza soon.

I'm between bottles of green these days, so I started with a, well, put it this way, my wife opted for a gibson because I realized too late we don't have any olives, and I put a pickled pepper in mine, whatever you call that. Then on to a bottle of Elisa mead. Bought two bottles some years ago, drank the first straight off and hated it. Just opened the second tonight and it worked okay. In fact, more than adequate. Now time to pop a pivo and maybe a little gardening before darkness falls.

Yay. The monkeys came today, with a package from the german lion.

That means CLB and Ike in the house again. I was close to a really disastrous situation - almost nothing to drink, except for some Kallnacher, some prototype #23, a few almost empty bottles of Verte Suisse and La Ptite and a few drops left of pre-ban Premier Fils and a blanche from across the pond.

I just checked my financial situation and found out (decided) that I can go to Boveresse on June 17th. Need to get into the Swiss mode, so I'm warming up with some CLB right now.

A batch of mead appears to have fermented out. Guess I'm gonna bottle it this weekend, so a little sampling of that is to be expected.

If that's close to a disastrous situation then, I as a Bohemian bottom-feeder, am a catastrophe. I bask in my misery.

More Svijanský Rytíř to remedy my pain.

The café on the corner just got an fancy new granita machine - offering espresso granita, and another flavour on constant rotation. Right now it's lemon, to which I've added a shot of rum. Next time I'll try a Serpis granita...

The Knights (Rytíří) are taking their toll. I would happily be stomping in your Stomp ground for a Serpis granita.

I think it'll be good - not too far off from a Slerpis obviously, but definitely different, especially with the "base" granita flavour which is just a little bit lemony.

Never had a Slerpis, not even Serpis. Just the same, you have me jonesing for a Serpis granita. Sounds perfect.

(Glad I'll already be sleeping when the even more perfect confections come posing through)

Damn you all. I have been reduced to the Svijanský Máz, whilst my wife pulls out her high school class photos. Okay, the Máz has a green label, but I yearn for something more. Help me out, please! I can't last much longer and my internet provider is actually providing tonight.

Wow. I wonder what it would take to send something to Pan Buh? I'm sure it would get from here to there,eventually (obscure Steppenwolf reference).

One bottle of CLB: gone.

One bottle of Ike: Maybe two drinks left.

One bottle of Marianne: Two drinks, tops.

There are other options but watching a tasty drink go away is sad.

Just to be a total pain-in-the-ass,

I hate Ben&Jerrys.

I use my own ice cream maker.

Blueberry/lemon is fucking awesome.

You also make your own beer, your own wine, cook your own food, and build your own wimminz (when Glassy's outta town).

We can't all be mad scientists!

It's only now in my early middle-aged years (???)

that I wish I PTFA in science class.

Maybe I should go to cooking school...

Just poured the last of one of my bottles of La Valote....... :(

I have maybe 2 drinks left in my other bottle....

Then Arak....

I'm celebrating a really productive week by treating myself to a glass of Sour Puss Verte.

Is it good? The challenge is keeping the tears of joy out of the drink.

Good? It underlines the tragic beauty of mortality, that our senses do not survive beyond our physical life.

Is it good? I used to think that "Love is all you need." But now I know that, romantic sentiment aside, I need both love and great absinthe.