DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I sipped a verte proto. Promising but is it promising enough?

There's only one way to know for sure, Joe. I await a sample. :wave2:

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the latest run of Pacifique. Absolutely wondrous.

Mmmmm, free feedback. Tempting but is it good enough for free feedback?

Rest. The absinthe demands rest. For now.

Ivan the Terrible Imperial Stout. Delicious!

(Hey, Absomphe! I'm stopping by Big Sky on Tuesday! :tongue: ) ;)

I'm enjoying the latest run of Pacifique. Absolutely wondrous.

ditto :cheers: Started the evening with a couple small glasses of VS1898. I have been having a really great time comparing these two, off and on, ever since Christmas night! :twitchsmile:

(Hey, Absomphe! I'm stopping by Big Sky on Tuesday! :tongue: ) ;)

Lucky bastid! :pirate: :cheers:

Hopefully, I'll be scoring a few more bottles this week. It's definitely one of my absolute favorites.

"Absolutely wondrous"

Indeed, AiO!

Started the evening with a couple small glasses of VS1898

Verte Suisse doesn't sound bad at all! I like to use the small glasses when I'm going bounce between a couple bottles. Took me forever to find some small glasses I liked though, I probably hit every antique store in OKC. I did get a nice set of cordials RIGHT before I left, and never got a chance to use them. Well, that's a lie, I did use one of them for some sherry.

2009 Bourbon County.

It seems less hot than I remember, and slightly drier, which means it's definitely more drinkable...in fact, it's absolutely luxurious without being over the top. That being said, it's still about as bourbony as a stout has ever been, and still incredibly syrupy, with deep, dark chocolate, vanilla, and a bit of smoke. For pure flavor, I'd certainly give it the nod over Ivan the Terrible, but that one has a higher drinkability level...even higher than Bud Light™ :laugh:

This morning is demanding a couple of strong pots of coffee. My son's 22nd birthday is today but we started celebrating last night.

We'll celebrate with absinthe today, as soon as he can eat and keep some coffee down. :b-day:

On my side of the coin....???? Mom can still kick his ass and put him under the table. Flawless victory!!

:worshippy:

Cheetos sound fantastic. It's breakfast time here, so I'm going to go have an omelet. Probably drink some cranberry juice.

I like to use the small glasses when I'm going bounce between a couple bottles. Took me forever to find some small glasses I liked though, I probably hit every antique store in OKC.

I still can't get the hang of the little glasses. I always end up dripping like one to one and

end up getting tanked quicker..

Not really a problem as much as an observation..

Has anyone else tried this Danny DeVito Limoncello? Tasty sipper, but slightly chalky IMO and a lot of heat on the back of the tongue. My first Limoncello- is this just a characteristic of the drink in general?

More Ivan the Terrible...damn, this stuff just keeps getting more deliciouser, and more deliciouserer. :twitchsmile:

So, Todd...I just noticed on Ratebeer, and BeerAdvocate that Avery has released its Black Tot rum barrel aged imperial stout...could it possibly have been aged in Leopold's rum barrels? :devil:

I guess it's only a matter of time before the mystery beer aged in those absinthe barrels comes to the fore... :mbanana:

This is mostly for you, Absomphe.

Big_Sky.jpg

The nice lady inside told me that none of Ivan ever made it to draft and nothing was "put back in storage." The brewery was almost out of Ivan. I couldn't find a single bottle anyplace in Missoula. When we returned to Kalispell, I bought all I could with what little money I had. Point being, there won't be anymore until Big Sky decides to make more. You may want to cash-in that loose change bottle if there's any more Ivan the Terrible left in Washington. Just sayin'. :wave2:

Terra Organica™ here in East Bumfuck, managed to get a case in this week.

I reserved, and bought, three bottles, but I have a feeling I'm going to go back and go for a few more tomorrow. :cheers:

Really?

*grin*

Sipping Port of Barcelona gin with tonic. An interesting gin. It's very different than what I've been drinking lately. Can't quite put my finger on it, I've got a few ideas though. Hmmmm

If you need anyone to do any QA testing, I'm happy to offer my services. I'm all about service to others, hard work, and disciplined intake. :cheers:

This is mostly for you, Absomphe.

post-371-1262222546_thumb.jpg

The nice lady inside told me that none of Ivan ever made it to draft and nothing was "put back in storage." The brewery was almost out of Ivan. I couldn't find a single bottle anyplace in Missoula. When we returned to Kalispell, I bought all I could with what little money I had. Point being, there won't be anymore until Big Sky decides to make more. You may want to cash-in that loose change bottle if there's any more Ivan the Terrible left in Washington. Just sayin'. :wave2:

Great Picture..

:wave2: