DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Central Michel Richard in DC uses Kübler to make theirs as well, which works perfectly fine. But on one occasion, I asked them to use Leopold instead. While both drinks were very good, using an herbaceous verte in lieu of a blanche fundamentally changes the character of the cocktail. In my opinion, for the better.

I'm sipping a Sazerac right now. Tastes like I didn't mess it up very bad. Maybe something simpler later on.

:cheers:

Edit: moved on to a martini. Not bad but I'd buy something else first. Next up.....Gin and tonic.

That ought to do it for the evening.

Peace.

The winner of the "Drink of the Evening" lotto landed on Hennessy. So I think I'll back that with ice water and a long hot soak.

I'll make tomorrow a slow, easy, green day. :cheers:

A very good evening to all, monkey :wave2:

I'm sober tonight but I'll make sure that won't last through the weekend. Perhaps a little Emerald Tide to wash the palate. Where the hell is Elf these days? We may have to try something in tandem with him.

Sweet, 1600 posts. Guess iffin I'd been around more I'd be a high roller.

Sweet, 1600 posts. Guess iffin I'd been around more I'd be a high roller.

Excellent idea. Please come around more and bring your sweetie with you.

Still been on my Knob Creek Manhattan on rocks kick. It's quite the versatile bourbon, especially when the Ri 1 at BevMo isn't on sale...

I'm thinking of picking up some supplies for something festive for the holidays, French 75 maybe?

That Remy will make a nice Sidecar too, if you can get fresh lemons up in the frozen tundra this time of year!

Sidecar: good idea. Oh sure, we get fresh produce. The dog sled team brings it in every Wednesday and Friday.

I was at a notorious prison in Iraq during the last winter Olympics. We were all sitting in the mess hall watching the tv with our mouths open and that look on our face that says precisely, "what the fuck is this?"

Luscious Oily Lesbians!. Lemmings Might Attack Ontario!. Great delivery. I can totally envision that scene.

Tonight: a variety of Italian wines with a variety of Italian foods. Ginzo Christmas dinner, yaw.

I was at a notorious prison in Iraq during the last winter Olympics. We were all sitting in the mess hall watching the tv with our mouths open and that look on our face that says precisely, "what the fuck is this?"

I suppose it's a lot like cricket that way: unless it's a big deal where you come from, it just doesn't make sense. Actually, I have heard the WTF reaction from many Americans regarding hockey as well .... then they see the hitting, and they like it. :devil:

Sipping a prototype gin right now. Very nice aroma and it just fills the room lika a good absinthe. More later. Sipped it neat at first...not bad....added ice and it just bloomed or opened up the flavor and aroma. Now it's mixed with tonic water and I'll see how it does in cocktails later. Nice job!

Oh, Thank you.

Sipping some Edouard while watching the French film "Crimson Rivers" (excellent film by the way).

May you all be having a wonderful Christmas eve. :heart: :cheers:

Although I have a feeling the sipping will continue well past the film. :devil:

What a nice quiet evening. The kids couldn't make it due to the road conditions. Damn the bad luck, I reckon I'll drink alone.

Sipped gin earlier then thought some Armagnac would be the ticket and now a nice glass of '06 Jade 1901. I need to finish this bottle so I can start on the new one a very good friend sent me for Christmas.

I don't know what I did to deserve it but the guy is a blessing to all that know him. He makes some pretty nice fountains also. He's a fine young man with a sweetheart for a girl friend. :heart:

I wouldn't mind meeting them both.

You could do a side by side comparison of the Jade 1901's. Just a suggestion. ;)