DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I feel the same about several absinthes. An over watered absinthe usually makes it thin and flat. At least to me and I'm not for thin or flat drinks.

(usually is my disclaimer)

Wow, I'm really impressed with NO! I've often seen it referenced as the least of the four, but I like it at least as much as the Eddy. I can see how it would make an excellent compliment to a good rye.

I can testify to the fact that it is excellent in a Sazerac.

My current favorite formula is equal parts Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye and Martell VSOP, a few goodly shakes of Peychaud's, and about half a teaspoon of N-O. I use it to rinse the glass, but I don't throw it out afterward. And I drop the lemon twist right in there.

Nectar of the gods.

Speaking of Kübler, Bill have you heard from JB?! He really likes that stuff. And he's not afraid of it either, that's for sure.

I can testify to the fact that it is excellent in a Sazerac.

Made a deconstructed Sazerac this weekend with TH Rye as well. Looks different, tastes exactly the same!

saz_decon.jpg

From top to bottom:

Leopold Absinthe

Sazerac rye

Peychauds mixed with the lemon oils

simple syrup

From top to bottom:

Leopold Absinthe

Sazerac rye

Peychauds mixed with the lemon oils

simple syrup

That's how I make mine. Since a sazerac has been my go to cocktail since before I was distilling Absinthe, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my Absinthe works quite well in a Sazerac.

Now we all just have to wait a couple of years for my Maryland-style rye to age, and we'll be all set.

Later this evening I hope to be sipping a clear booze that smells of Juniper. Precious bought me a large jar of olives today and I feel obligated to use them.

Peace

La Coquette, Corsair Red and my first taste of Jade Nouvelle Orleans.

not my first taste, but a welcome one nonetheless.

That was last night, tonight I'll have a couple beers--its about all I'm good for--and slink off to beddy bye. :dead:

"This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price"

Later this evening I hope to be sipping a clear booze that smells of Juniper. Precious bought me a large jar of olives today and I feel obligated to use them.

Peace

Excellent....

Gin here tonight, too. Whitley Neill (not bad) and Plymouth Martinis.

We used Noilly Pratt for the vermouth but it just isn't doing it for me. Their new (old) formula doesn't work nearly as well.

Someone needs to make a perfect Martini vermouth!

"This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price"

ewwww.

Drank Coors until I was 21 and then I guess I figured I was all grown up and started drinking Bud like all the grown-ups around me. On paydays I would splurge and buy Michelob to celebrate the weekend.

Funny how things change.

That's my last confession until tonight. *smile*

Gin here tonight, too. Whitley Neill (not bad) and Plymouth Martinis.

We used Noilly Pratt for the vermouth but it just isn't doing it for me. Their new (old) formula doesn't work nearly as well.

Someone needs to make a perfect Martini vermouth!

I have several bottles of the Old (old) Noilly Pratt left and I really prefer them to the new (old) formula. To me, the new (old) has a slightly floral sweet taste, and has a very slight straw color. The pre 2009 Pratt is clear and very dry.

Drank Coors until I was 21...

I swear I never stooped that low.

C'mon guys, it was a mom's-home-made chili night. 'Twas rather chilly outside, too. And it wasn't my fridge's beer so I' can't complain. :pirate:

Tonight I hope to enjoy some Pacifique and some Walton Waters, who knows what else may present itself. :cheers: