DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Forty Creek Barrel Select.

This is the whisky that renewed my appreciation for Canadian whisky. It's an unpretentious pure pot still whisky that is sweet, smooth and delicious.

There's nothing like a fig fresh off the tree.

Dates are pretty good too.

I had a moment in Kuwait City once. I walked into the Applebee's on Gulf street by the water and sat down at a table. The gal who sat me placed on the table a bowl of fresh dates and a glass of white stuff that looked like milk. So I tossed back a date and picked up the glass of milk to wash it down. Only the contents inside the upturned glass didn't budge. So after I placed the glass of yoghurt back down on the table, I figured that I was supposed to dip them.

Drinking water tonight I'm sure.

I put a bunch of veggies in a blender at lunch and ground them up small enough to drink through a straw. That's what I'm drinking. I'm trying to pick out the subtleties. Ahh a carrot, ohhh broccholi and goodness could that be an apple?

Wheeeee!

Tomorrow will certainly be more towards the booze in my shoebox and a warm meal. *grin*

Cheers! y'all

My first glass of Blanchette.

This is a fine, fine blanche--it may just have eclipsed Clandestine as my favorite and it's definitely causing me to rethink my bias toward vertes.

Pure artistry.

Just the usual

I just realized I need to get more absinthe glasses....

the vintage one I purchased never came in yet

I don't know if that's an issue with customs but I know this guy and I've bought from him before no problem

I just don't want to buy an east glass that has that etched dose marker

It's good to see you here monkey. :wave2:

Tonight, after two weeks without booze, I'll begin with some Marteau AdlBE I found behind a shoe box.

Not a bad way to start back.

To a good night of..........Cheers!

Just opened my bottle of Jameson Gold Reserve. The color is fantastic, and the tastes is spectacular! It smells like caramel in the glass...

Just add cold water to just below the rim and sip. :cheers:

Oh, after a couple glasses of Marteau I switched to Vieux Pontarlier. This is going to be an interesting evening. :twitchsmile:

One of my faves, as well. :cheers:

Great review as usual, FPB.

I especially liked your description of the "dusty tan" flavors in Blanchette--hay, straw, etc. I had described them to myself in slightly different terms as "oat" or "bran" notes. Whatever you call them, they work beautifully with the alpiney flavors of the wormwood, anise, and fennel. Just a spectacular blanche that has really redefined the whole category for me.

Tonight it's an Imperial Topaz No. 2 with Marteau AdlBE. Nice!

There was a glass of Kübler in there somewhere, but I'm now wrapping up glass #3 of VC - man this stuff is easy to drink. I hadn't thought about it for years but the smell distinctly reminded me of my Grandmas hand liniment Absorbine, which I look at now and see AA as an inert ingredient. Don't take me wrong, it's an amazing memory, as I always found the aroma captivating. Amazing how a drink can capture such a moment in history.

My wishes for a holiday season full peace go out to you all.

Ditto the sentiments! Welcome back :cheers:

Pig's Ass Porter. Good stuff. It is fun to imagine the conversation that led to the name.

My wishes for a holiday season full peace go out to you all.

Ditto the sentiments! Welcome back :cheers:

I'll drink to that! :cheers:

La Coquette, Corsair Red and my first taste of Jade Nouvelle Orleans.

Wow, I'm really impressed with NO! I've often seen it referenced as the least of the four, but I like it at least as much as the Eddy. I can see how it would make an excellent compliment to a good rye.