DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

A bottle of Vichtenaar with a best before date of 18-01-07, actually much more to my taste that a fresh bottle, it's like apple cider vinegar with a touch of honey!

:) Cleaning house since 5:30; an Anchor Steam, the very last drop of latest batch of Hirsch Selection Bourbon, Willow Glen Petite Sirah sample and possibly a bit of Crema Lemoncello...

I cracked open my bottle of La Désirée tonight... which I probably shouldn't have done, as now I want to buy another to stash out of sight. If only VdA had free shipping!

Sirene.. good ol staple Sirene!

laying the Eff off my euros

I'm gonna be holding onto those for a good long while since I am down to my lasts :shock:

:cheers:

I received a bottle each of the La Sorciere Verte and Blanche. While the label might seem a bit amateur, everything I'm reading about their process makes me pretty excited to try them. Won't be tonight though. Lots of driving today. Quite possibly it will be tomorrow though.

I do like the bottom of their back label though where they stress no fire. Underneath that, it says "Good stuff needs no special effects."

Starting off the weekend (was that the longest work week ever?) with some Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey in a slightly bastardized Fancy Free. Substituted Fee Bros Whiskey Barrel Aged bitters for the recipe's Angostura, and made up for the Fee Bros lack of spice with an extra big hit of Regan's Orange bitters. Man, this is tasty. Cheers everyone!

Black Flag Imperial Stout Fresh Hop Edition 2009.

Hands down, the hoppiest Imperial Stout I've tasted. Creamy, but light texture with an extremely herbal, very earthy hop leaf palate. The head is one of the moussiest I've experienced outside of a Belgian Trappist ale. Chocolate roastiness is certainly a feature (as are dark fruits), but the hops steal the show. Very individualistic stout that's definitely working for this evening.

Nickel brook organic lager

Trafalgar paddy's red

Wellington county dark

Great lakes devils 666 pale

a Neustadt lager

and a Muskoka cream ale! :)

Black Flag Imperial Stout Fresh Hop Edition 2009.

.....Circle Jerk Belgian White?

Having grown up in southern California in the late 70's punk scene, that one got me :laf:

Sierra Nevada Life and Limb.

Very creamy and rich with maple syrup and birch...yes, it's definitely sweet, but there's a marvelous armagnac-like sappiness that contributes enough dryness to make it savory and very enjoyable (the 50 IBUs help, as well). I have a feeling this onewill dry out a bit with age, and since my darling bestowed another seven bottles upon me, this might actually be feasible...maybe. :twitchsmile: