DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Between these tales and those of AndrewT, I may just hafta do a cross-country driving tour one of these days myself!

Sounds like a great time!

It has been a great time but I'm so tired right now all I can think of is home. It was wonderful to see the Rocky Mountain Front this afternoon. We are currently relaxing in the atrium of the Sheridan, WY Holiday Inn with Marianne, Ike and a good meal. The staff is excellent and has no problem with our bottles of choice.

Spending all that time on the beach the last 2 weeks made me self-conscious, so in addition to hitting the gym today (ugh0, I have been consuming protein/creatine shakes. (double-ugh)

Feh...as long as they allow you a glass of absinthe or two, who needs Paris?

It's a glass of green tea liqueur, followed by a small glass of the Charlotte for me.

Ommegang dubbel ale.

Jade Combier Blanchette.

Metaxa Ouzo.

The bitter dregs of a wasted life.

What a nice looking family.

Nice to see Ike in public as well ;)

Congrats to the grad :thumbup:

:cheers:

Absinthe Elixir du Pays des Fees for me last evening.

I came home to find another nice donation of BESANÇON on my porch.

I am a lucky man!

I thank the gods and the maker.

oh my god we are drunk on verte suisse and edouard, wearing kilts, and taking turns rubbing our bare asses on the unsuspecting kitty.

Don't call PETA, she seems to like it.

Oh my goodness and poor kitty! You Brutes, you Heathens!

Perhaps a wee bit too much scotch for me!

Nonetheless, yours,

~

Crap, hope he checks the forums while he is away.

Also try the Springli chocolate.  The factory tour is closed due to renovations but they still have a very nice store in the middle of town.

Back from last week's trip to Switzerland. Unfortunately I had no chance to check the web during my stay there, but I did however discover this Sprüngli chocolate of which you speak. Actually the tax free shops at the airport were loaded with it. And what a delicious treat it was! The rumours about the qualities of Swiss chocolate are quite true.

Sprüngli also make different types of cookies and other goodies, I tried these ones called "Luxemburgerli". Small, delicate pastry things shaped like hamburgers… Cannot describe how tasty they were!

post-354-1147905502_thumb.jpg

And the alps, how beautiful were they not. By aerial cableway we got up the top of this mountain called Säntis (2502 meters above sea level), located in the Appenzell Innerrhoden canton.

post-354-1147905576_thumb.jpg

post-354-1147905605_thumb.jpg

post-354-1147905634_thumb.jpg

Me and some of my fellow chemist colleagues (who are all newly-fledged absintheurs, btw!) on the top from where we could enjoy a fantastic view.

post-354-1147905673_thumb.jpg

I did not get hold of any clandestine la bleue – this was the wrong part of Switzerland, I was told – but our hosts were most kind and generous: on the day of our departure they gave me a gift-wrapped bottle of Kübler, which they had bought for me just because I had been chatting with them about absinthe the day before… I was really amazed and grateful for such a generous gesture.

Drinking a glass of it now, together with a delicious bar of vintage Valrhona Palmira.

After that I think I will taste the Brut d'alambic, haven't had that for more than a month now.

Dang it. The cat crashed our Absinthe fountain last night (probably in revenge for the naked ass rubbing) she has been looking at us funny all day.

Sounds like yet another great trip! More great pics! Not sure about the Luxemburgerli, tho.

I'm jealous. I spoze I could post a picture of my torn-apart bathroom, but it probably wouldn't be quite as moving.

Judging from your avatar, I'm guessing you're the shorter, bald fellow?

On that other note, cats who break $200+ fountains because you get a little frisky are generally old and bitter, thus better stewed, rather than sauteed.

The best part of our trip is being home. Tonight, we sat on our deck and watched a herd of elk in the meadow below us. CLB, Marianne, UE68 and discussed taste profiles, balance and mouth feel with our oldest.

Shai's cat is fine and seems very tolerant. She even put up with me for a few hours. I can't imagine a little ass rubbing would compel her to attack the fountain.

The surreal thing about Switzerland is that it actually looks picture-postcard-perfect when you're there! Beautiful pics, Mindshifter. Thanks.

TAZ, Luxemburgerli are on everyone's "When you're in Switzerland, you gotta try..." list. I just Googled them in the hopes of finding a US source, but Sprüngli doesn't export. Rats and double-rats.

Drag about the fountain, Shai. Was it a Frenchman?

Started the evening with a bottle of Chaucer's mead. Now we have moved on to some CLB and Duplais. Introduced my brother to the charms of the green fairy tonight. He is enjoying the CLB but says the Duplais tastes like wood? :huh: Hmmm, Have not noticed that trait myself.

Mmmm! Chaucer's Mead! I think I'll have some. And then, some Brut d'alambic (or "Brutal," as I like to call it).

Thanks to T73 & Maggie, I've developed a taste for Marianne. I've ordered a bottle, and soon, I'll be among the (atrocious pun alert) "Marianne Faithful!" :dev-cheers:

I had the chance to be around Marianne Faithful for a while one summer many years ago. Quite a warm, wonderful human being from my experience. I'll have to see if the drink is as pleasant for me some day.

Judging from your avatar, I'm guessing you're the shorter, bald fellow?

He he, well that could be me in 30 years from now, perhaps. No, I'm nr 3 from the left, the guy in the black long coat.

Brooks, you're quite right there – all of us felt the same; the Swiss landscape with its alps and huts looked just like one had imagined. A very beautiful country indeed. Next visit there will be in the more westerly parts, I hope.

What a pity with your fountain, Shai! Is it beyond all repairs?

I used to have a dog, so I know the feeling when your pet breaks something that you really not…wanted to be broken. At first you'd gladly go with TrainerAZ's advice, but then you just cannot be mad at them for such a long time. It's something with those little innocent, affection yearning eyes that always make you melt in the end...

(At least that is true with dogs. I've never had a cat, so I can not be sure about those little rascals of course.)