DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Now I'm doing the Meadow of Love.

The gap has narrowed. MoL was clearly superior before. Now it's just a little better. :)

Tonight we tested out Bill's new glassware, courtesy of Jim. Original 1797, Jade Edouard, Jade PF 1901, Jade Verte Suisse, Brut d'Alembic Essai 4, Vieux Pontarlier, Marteau Classique. Good times as usual. If you all have not had the pleasure, OMG_Bill is probably one of the single greatest people you'll ever meet in your life. If you're lucky enough.

Cheers, buddy.

Delerium Tremens and Peg Leg Imperial Stout. The Delerium is quite nice!

Original 1797, Jade Edouard, Jade PF 1901, Jade Verte Suisse, Brut d'Alembic Essai 4, Vieux Pontarlier, Marteau Classique.

Ron was kind enough to share some booze. That guy's got some good booze......er......had some good booze. B)

To your safe travels Ron, :cheers:

Southern Tier iniquity Imperial black ale. 9% ABV. 21º plato. 2-row pale malt, debittered black malt.

kettle hops: chinook, cascade.

hop back: williamette.

dry hops: cascade, centennial.

I like it. This beer is a session in itself. It doesn't seem terribly bitter. It's definitely an ale rather than a stout. I'm not a beer expert, but I think it's good. So far my experience with Southern Tier is that the head from the bottled products is not very strong, it disappears right away. Maybe that's a characteristic of ales?

We really need beers like this in a pint which is the perfect size. 650 ml is a bit much. But I'm not going anywhere. Maybe my friend that called earlier will call again when he gets done with his beer run.

Do you know that there's more pure alcohol (1.97 oz) in this beer than a glass of absinthe (1 oz of spirit)? No wonder this beer messes me up more than absinthe.

OMG_Bill is probably one of the single greatest people you'll ever meet in your life.

*nod*

Indeed.

(Fortunately Ron didn't say, "...greatest single people..." Precious would hunt you down like a dog. ;) )

Gin tastings.

Big Sky Slow Elk Oatmeal Stout.

Water. It has been a long day and I'm simply thirsty. We'll find something more interesting in a bit.

So far, Jade NO, Doubs, Essai 4, Eich 78. I'm trying to kill of my current stock of open, near the end bottles before I open one of the bottles I've been holding on to for a while.

Pipe break, then we'll see what calls to me...

Yeah, I have a bunch of little samples of this and that that are almost empty that I'm going to just tear through pretty soon. I want to use the bottles for hot sauce. :)

OMG_Bill is probably one of the single greatest people you'll ever meet in your life.

I've had that feeling for quite some time, and I've never even met him.

The Bruery Autumn Maple here...

I was actually sending it to a friend as a surprise, thinking she might like it with Thanksgiving. But the deal on the cap was broken in my car when it fell off the seat. Sooo ... drinking it now.

Widmer Oak Aged Cherry Dopplebock (even though it's described as an ale...must be really olde schoole :twitchsmile:).

Anyway, much better than I thought it would, considering the source.

Strong dark cherry presence, even stronger oak presence (a bit over the top), lots of toffee, a little chocolate, undefined spiciness, and a very rich, creamy, syrupy body. I'm not generally a doppelbock fan, but I'd buy this again.

I'm having something somebody made a while back that I thought was good but not great. It's been a couple years and it's truly great now.

So I dumped everything I had left in a Chimay glass and filled louched it to the top of the letters. An Absomphesized absinthe breakfast.

Goddamn, the wormwood is fantastic in it. It reminds me of L'Artisanale just a tad.

An Absomphesized absinthe breakfast.

That idea tempted me this morning, but I wanted to at least be sober at the start of today's televised football offerings. :twitchsmile:

Watching how badly the Saints are playing against the worst team in football, I think I need more booze.

Win. I don't get why the Saints have to scare me to death even against teams that are epically pathetic. Even with a completely injury-depleted defense.

Yeah, it is frightful but a win is a win! :cheers: :yahoo:

Sipping a Jupiter or three from DrinkBoy's site. Not bad and an interesting color to boot.

All this talk about gin and I just happened to find some.

I never know what I'll find next.

<------ Dork

*smile*