DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Number three was mixed (sloppily) and imbibed while having a wonderful chat with Wild Bill Turkey on the telemaphone. I believe I've found my current favorite cocktail.

WBT is good people.

I have had Satan's soulpatch. Does that count? Tonight I am having Moose Drool (Brown Ale) and Pensieve is having Trout Slayer (Filtered Hef).

I had a chance to see Eric play a gig in town last night, so after the show and a few glasses of an excellent un-named verte, we decided to try something old.

Eric is good at multi-tasking, drinking and drunk dialing. :P

post-35-1147618389_thumb.jpg

post-35-1147618411_thumb.jpg

post-35-1147618436_thumb.jpg

Last night was excellent. Mr. Lanfray joined us in celebrating our oldest's graduation. Blanchette, Brut d' Alambic, UE Sapin, CLB, Marianne, Edouard, Kallnacher, Lasala and Ike was on the serving table. After today's long drive, we almost have Nebraska in our rear view only.

Thanks Mr. Lanfray. Someday, I hope we get a chance to finish the stories we started. Maggie and I were honored to have you join us.

Tonight, we're starting with the Edouard as we plan tomorrow's South Dakota adventure.

Joe

Try a Rodenbach or a Grand Cru.

I took your advice tonight and split a bottle of Rodenbach Grand Cru with a couple of friends. Might I say, bwaaahhh...all in all, I think I'll stick with sweet beers. I could drink the Duchesse again, but I found the Rodenbach so tart that it got in the way of enjoying anything else about the beer. Maybe that's the point of drinking a Flemish red, but it's not something I could get into on a regular basis.

Tonight I am having Moose Drool and Pensieve is having Trout Slayer. 

Yum.

Eddy and the most incredible tomato and fresh mozzarella sandwich for me. :wave2:

Last night was excellent.  Mr. Lanfray joined us in celebrating our oldest's graduation.  Blanchette, Brut d' Alambic, UE Sapin, CLB, Marianne, Edouard, Kallnacher, Lasala and Ike was on the serving table.  After today's long drive, we almost have Nebraska in our rear view only. 

Thanks Mr. Lanfray.  Someday, I hope we get a chance to finish the stories we started.  Maggie and I were honored to have you join us.

Tonight, we're starting with the Edouard as we plan tomorrow's South Dakota adventure.

Joe

The honor was all mine! Have a fun trip back! :cheers:

I've had some Blanchette & some Ike so far tonight. I'll have some "Brutal" as soon as I sign off here.

Between these tales and those of AndrewT, I may just hafta do a cross-country driving tour one of these days myself!

Sounds like a great time!

Try a Rodenbach or a Grand Cru.

I took your advice tonight and split a bottle of Rodenbach Grand Cru with a couple of friends. Might I say, bwaaahhh...all in all, I think I'll stick with sweet beers. I could drink the Duchesse again, but I found the Rodenbach so tater that it got in the way of enjoying anything else about the beer. Maybe that's the point of drinking a Flemish red, but it's not something I could get into on a regular basis.

Next time make a float out of it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Just received a very nice suprise from the monkeys. A bottle of 16 year old Bowmore. Hmmm says distilled 1982, that would be a little older than 16 years? Looks like sampling is in order. :P