DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Beginning the evening with a martini!

Turned off the outside lights, pulled all the shades, locked the doors and.... bah humbug!

I swear if the lil buggers don't get the hint, decide to knock anyways, wake up my 9 month old and interrupt me while I'm cuddling with my wife and a movie...I'll give them something to scream about!! :reaper:

So jealous of all you rural living folk!

I made a point of coughing and sneezing all over the Halloween treats.

I don't think we'll get any trick or treaters out here but I'm trying to keep Jules away from my candy.

Gatorade. :thumbdown: I'm drinking frickin' Gatorade.

Way to go Joe. More cocktails to try. Thanks!

Ingredients for a Hardcore Gatorade

•Aftershock® Hot & Cool Cinnamon Schnapps

•Gatorade® Energy Drink

Quantities for one drink:

•4 oz Red Aftershock® Hot & Cool Cinnamon Schnapps

•4 oz Gatorade® Energy Drink

Blending Instructions:

•Mix together the Gatorade "Fierce" with Aftershock red cinnamon liqueur in a 12 or 16 ounce cup

•Serve

:cheers:

A couple fingers of the Vat 69, getting pumped up for the game. I'll be mentally and emotionally unavailable for the next four hours or so.

I'm sipping dry-ish red wine and listening to my ears ring.

What a pretty day today. I may ride the Geezer Glide tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit spunky and I have leather bibs for riding. HA!!

A couple fingers of the Vat 69, getting pumped up for the game. I'll be mentally and emotionally unavailable for the next four hours or so.

Ducken Fucks!

Nice statement win! I'll always pull for any team playing USC as I hate the Trojans passionately.

I will admit however I was slightly looking forward to posting, after a possible Ducks loss, about how the Huskies beat USC and the Ducks could not. Then you would have pointed out how the Ducks beat UDub earlier this month but heh...that was a close game you got to admit. They played the Ducks better than USC just did.

Nice win...Congrats!

!!! I just posted about this in the happy thread. Just unreal. And I agree that UW played us better than USC did. Thanks Jaz!

I've upgraded to Trimotor Ale and very happy about it!

To bad he's stopped producing it. Just bumms me the hell out....think I'll now go post on the what pissed me off today. Thanks for reminding Joe! :angry2:

I drank so much Gatorade, I think I was pissing green.

See? You're a college football fan and you didn't even know it!

Srsly though. Get better.

Two Alaskan Brewing Rough Drafts at Fred's in Snohomish this afternoon, but the highlight of the drunken Halloween came with the opening of Midnight Sun's Berserker Imperial Stout. This is my new favorite example of the style surpassing The Abyss, Bells Expedition, and Pike Entire Wood Aged Stout.

It's a remarkable brew with subtle, but definite characteristics of both bourbon and port wine, dark bittersweet chocolate, plums, cherries, figs, dates, raisins, vanilla, graham cracker, undefined spiciness, molasses, and maple syrup. All this is backed with only 30 IBUs, and yet each incredibly rich sip is never cloying, and begs you to take another until the bottle is sadly emptied.

Wow...just wow!

That sounds fantastic! Their T.R.E.A.T. (The Royal Eccentric Ale Treatment) Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter sounds pretty good as well. I've been thoroughly enjoying New Belgium's 1554 Enlightened Black Ale this evening.

I followed up the Trimotor with a 1554 last night. It tasted just fine. :thumbup:

See? You're a college football fan and you didn't even know it!

Oh, I could love college football (Go Griz!)...if only they paid their players. It's a sham shame.

Srsly though. Get better.

Thanks! I woke up feeling great this morning! Poor Jules has been a patient caregiver to the world's worst patient.

A 10.8% session ale?

You're playin' in my ballpark now, heavyweight! :cheers:

:sarc:

Pumking...gee, this stuff might be killer, if only Southern Tier added some real pumpkin.

Abs, I say session because it's ridiculously drinkable for a beer of its degree.

DP, imperial basically means more, more, more. More malt (or wheat in the case of Gamma Ray), more hops, more alcohol, higher gravity.

I'm sipping an Aviation cocktail. Well, I doubled the recipe and added a barspoon of lemoncello.

It sweetened the drink a bit and the barspoon of booze was a pleasant touch.

I used Drinkboy's recipe, tasty on it's own. Tweaking a recipe can be a good thing. :cheers:

Abs, I say session because it's ridiculously drinkable for a beer of its degree.

I figured as much, since it's a wheat barleywine, although I find those two descriptors an odd combination when used together.