DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Drunken rambles at the old lounge. In one night (while quite drunk) I managed to post to something like every thread that had been posted to in the past two weeks, without getting interrupted.

What am I drinking tonight? Fucking Eichelberger.

G&C is right, it is reminiscent of things from the moon, but better balanced and a nicely tamed alcohol base. In short, it's the best made commercial Verte available. It has a very odd flavour, but good odd, not bad odd. I don't think I could drink 3 glasses in a row, but one glass is delicious, very complex and what makes it the best Verte is how damned clean it is.

The aftertaste in particular is really a knockout.

I still like the Verte Suisse better in terms of personal preference (I'm one of those freaks that likes the Jade alcohol funk) but at 25 Euros for a half liter, the Eichelberger is by far the best thing available at that price. Hats off to the maker for making a top quality highly original absinthe.

I started with CLB eased over to a glass of BdF and probably finish with K53. I do have to work tomorrow. Friday night may be a bit better...........

I am not afraid of things that go 'bump' in the night..let it ride baby

Now we could always start a new thread called "what are you smoking tonight" :cigar: :devil:

I think it would be more fun if it was just a Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday thing. Otherwise it just gets kinda beat. That may keep it fresh. Thats my vote and I'm sticking to it-

:drunk:

I think it would be more fun if it was just a Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday thing. Otherwise it just gets kinda beat. That may keep it fresh. Thats my vote and I'm sticking to it

Are you kidding? Over at the Lounge, the Tippin' and Typin' threads are the most active on the board, every night (and day).

What about those of us who drink every night?

I think it would be more fun if it was just a Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday thing. Otherwise it just gets kinda beat. That may keep it fresh. Thats my vote and I'm sticking to it

Are you kidding? Over at the Lounge, the Tippin' and Typin' threads are the most active on the board, every night (and day).

What about those of us who drink every night?

OK, I will bow to a Sr. member of the board....

We keep it running....

Start your fountains..

ready ....

set.....

LOUCHE!!!

I actually did that for a bit, in the mid 80s, when I was tasting beer for Grant's. Apparently, some of their accounts were not treating Bert's ales with the respect they deserved, with dirty lines usually turning out to be the reason why.

It was a nice way to regulate my beer gourmandizing, although it seems like a lifetime ago, now.

Probably because it was.