DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Prolly glass(es) of Perique and/or Royal Combier.

Onto number 3 of Founders Breakfast Stout .. this stuff is amazing. The nose on this thing, smells like fresh roasted and grinded coffee beans .. and a little chocolate .. pure delicious. If you're into beer and haven't tried it, it's a September only seasonal and #17 on the Top 100 on Beer Advocate, so find it while you can!

Had some I believe and I really enjoyed the stuff. It's hell being special. *smileywink*

Cheers!

edit: I just found a couple bottles in the other room. SCORE!!!!!

I hope.

Christ, sakes...I know I'm an absintheur, but have I been missing out on all this other expensive booze all my post 21 life?!

Lord have mercy!

Been trying to find some for years. Not available in any state around here. Want that, the Kentucky Breakfast Stout and Red's Rye.

You sure? Wilson-McGinley, a beer distributor in Pittsburgh carries it.

412-621-4420.

If you aren't able to find it, let me know and if you send me a couple dollars and some $$ for shipping, i can shoot you over a bottle!

:pirate:

edit: I moved to Bell's Two Hearted Ale ... probably my favorite IPA at the moment, on numero 2. If you guys haven't noticed, I'm more of a beer guy than anything :P

No one within the Philly area, or down to Maryland where I usually drive to to pick up my brews, or order from in NJ. I may take you up on that offer. Thanks.

No one within the Philly area, or down to Maryland where I usually drive to to pick up my brews, or order from in NJ. I may take you up on that offer. Thanks.

Stockertown Beverages in Stockertown, PA carries it as well .. 610-746-5611

Two distributors on opposite ends of PA carry Founders in their lineup .. so it's pretty crazy that you aren't able to find it.

Stockertown Beverages in Stockertown, PA carries it as well .. 610-746-5611

Two distributors on opposite ends of PA carry Founders in their lineup .. so it's pretty crazy that you aren't able to find it.

I just found that through the Founders site this afternoon and got off an e-mail to them to see if they had what I was looking for. I prefer going through the place in Maryland since I can buy as many or few bottles of something I want. State distributors can only sell case lots, so given a choice I'll go for the KBS.

Oh man...I want the one that says "bacon is a food group". I've been eyeballing a couple of Top Chef shirts for quite some time now, as well.

Maybe that's what I should bring to the fray next weekend...a big slab'a bacon. Make nice with the host. :laugh:

Never been a big fan of Pumpkin Ales. Worst brew I can recall having was Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. My boss bought a case of it and we used to trade brews. He passed a few bottles my way, and next trade I gave one back. Next trade, he gave it back again. Funny, he couldn't even give it away.

Never been a big fan of Pumpkin Ales. Worst brew I can recall having was Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. My boss bought a case of it and we used to trade brews. He passed a few bottles my way, and next trade I gave one back. Next trade, he gave it back again. Funny, he couldn't even give it away.

In the defense of pumpkin beer, you had a pretty poor example of good pumpkin beer. Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, Southern Tier Pumking, etc. are all great examples.

Drinking Spaten Oktoberfest Ur-Marzen right now .. not really doing it for me.

:pirate:

Had all but the Punking. From the site I used to review on constantly, I see that is rated tops. Still not fond of the "fall" brews. Some Octoberfests are acceptable, but prefer Belgians and Stouts. Have you tried DFH World Wide Stout? Awesome stuff. :thumbup:

Had all but the Punking. From the site I used to review on constantly, I see that is rated tops. Still not fond of the "fall" brews. Some Octoberfests are acceptable, but prefer Belgians and Stouts. Have you tried DFH World Wide Stout? Awesome stuff. :thumbup:

Nah, haven't tried the World Wide Stout yet, but I'm planning on picking it up next time I see it. I'm a HUGE fan of crazy stouts and crazy IPAs.

Oh, the Stone Epic Vertical Ale 09.09.09 will be released on the 8th!

I really have tried to be a Coors man. I just don't enjoy their beer. Blue Moon was first created by Sandlot Brewery which is located in the Coors Field baseball stadium. It's run by Coors, but is independent in terms of the beers brewed. There's a little brewpub up here that makes an Irish Red according to George Killian's original recipe, & I must say that it's much better than Coors' version.

Tonight it's more local brew. A Steam Engine Lager by Steamworks & Flashback 30th Anniversary ale by the Boulder Beer Company.

The Sandlot is basically a playground for a few of the Coors brewers (for those who don't know, it's a brewpub in Coors field). You would be hard pressed to find better beer anywhere, but the thing is, a lot of it doesn't hit the taps in any kind of bulk.

And no, I'm not kidding. Straight up world class hefeweizen, bocks, pale ales, stouts, whatever. Anything that can be had in stainless. Casks and sour beers aren't their gig, but boy, they can make some great lagers and ales. They have absolutely cleaned up at the GABF over the years, showing that the Mega brewers can compete with any of the finest craft brewers in the world if the mood suits them. Not that the GABF is much of a gauge...it's just that it's more than dumb luck if you win medal after medal year after year in a wide variety of categories.

And then there's this from the 2008 GABF " "SandLot Brewery at Coors Field set a Great American Beer Festival record by capturing seven of the 206 medals awarded in the Professional Panel Blind Tasting competition.

The brewery, owned by Coors, also generated one of the loudest cheers during the awards ceremony Saturday in Denver when the name of its silver-medal winning European-Style Pilsener was announced: "Most Beer Judges Are Bone Heads." "

Tough not to like that, right?