DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I DON'T KNOW!!!

So many choices!

IMG01130.jpg

One of them .. for sure! :) Wait till my non-beer drinking roommates get home and find out that our community fridge is .. well .. mine!

:pirate:

The Muppet-esque one. Looked like a news caster.

photo-582.jpg?__time=1249784013403

That's it. Glad you've still got it lying around somewhere. :cheers:

Brew Dog/Cambridge/Stone's Juxtaposition Black Pilsner. It's good but IMO not worth $8 per

Triple the Breweries

Triple the Brewmasters

Triple the Beer... (even though they're 12 oz)

Triple the price :laugh:

^ I've got 6 of them. I wanted a couple for myself and a couple to trade ... or for myself too :P Now I'm working on getting a ton of the Stone Vertical Epic 09.09.09, which sounds amazing and I've been drooling about it since I read it. Chocolate + Tangerine peels .... and vanilla beans ... aged in french oak? Yes pleaseeee!

Too many absinthes last night to recall all of them (including a few vertical tastings), but not a one of them was a commercial release, (Nimes, Besançon, and Berger clones, as well as various la bleues were among them) and they ranged from incredible to absolutely wondrous, except for one in which the brandyish base completely overpowered the herbs, and not in a good way.

I see a couple of the Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti's there in odiedog's fridge ... anybody else try one yet? I had a bottle for the first time the other night. The chocolate came through really nice, first time I've had a beer with chocolate in it where the chocolate was easy to pick out but not overwhelming, really well balanced and nicely complemented the imperial stout. But about 1/2 way through my glass the cayenne started making its presence felt in the finish, and pretty quickly got to the point where the chile burn on my tongue wouldn't get out of the way. Too bad, as it sort of ends up like two different beers -- the nice chocolate imperial stout at the start, but then gets replaced by a beer with too much focus on the chile. Probably good bottle to share with a friend or two.

Had a few glasses of various absinthes with OMG_Bill last night. Fine booze and even finer company.

I see a couple of the Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti's there in odiedog's fridge ... anybody else try one yet? I had a bottle for the first time the other night. The chocolate came through really nice, first time I've had a beer with chocolate in it where the chocolate was easy to pick out but not overwhelming, really well balanced and nicely complemented the imperial stout. But about 1/2 way through my glass the cayenne started making its presence felt in the finish, and pretty quickly got to the point where the chile burn on my tongue wouldn't get out of the way. Too bad, as it sort of ends up like two different beers -- the nice chocolate imperial stout at the start, but then gets replaced by a beer with too much focus on the chile. Probably good bottle to share with a friend or two.

Can't wait to try it! Got one to try now and another to let sit for a while. Also got an Old Rasputin XII anniversary and I'm kicking myself for only buying one, but then again they were $20 per bottle.

Check the beer thread in the "Good Spirits & other Potables" forum for more pictures from my beer run adventure yesterday.

Had a few glasses of various absinthes with OMG_Bill last night. Fine booze and even finer company.

You back in the CONUS? Finally get that Guiness you've been craving?

Legendary Besançon clone, which is living up to that legend. Softer than I remember, but bursting with wormwood goodness, and underpinned by some of the finest fennel money can buy.

Allegedly, this second absinthe is the prototype of L'Artisanale...it's a real fennel bomb, but with beautiful wormwood lurking just under the surface, a very agreeable citric component, and a wonderful spiciness tying them together very neatly.

You back in the CONUS? Finally get that Guiness you've been craving?

Yeah, brother. I actually had a bottle sitting in the fridge still and a case in the wine closet. Can't say that I've had any on draught yet since I've been back (it's been a month now), but I've had my fair share of drinkage.

Keeping busy yourself?

Sipping gin and tonics while reading self help articles. One cancels out the other. *twitching eye smiley*

To Monday, Cheers!

I etched measuring lines on a cheap wineglass and I'm now enjoying the last ounce of a 5:1 Walton Waters (no sugar) while trying to finish up a tedious annual self-evaluation, listening to nu-Jazz and downtempo.

Earlier I had a Magic Hat Autumn 09 Odd Notion stout. A lot maltier than I expected... sweet and heavy. Reminded me of Cruzan Black Strap, oddly.

I wait until the end of the year holidays to do my self evaluation. Sometimes it's a gift and sometimes it isn't. This will be an interesting year to look back on. I'm going to need booze for this years. That's just a guess though. *smile*

Yeah, it's one of those glad-to-have-a-job years, for sure. It doesn't help that my company has already announced 0% raises this year. Luckily or thankfully, I got a good one last year and, hey-- I'm glad-to-have-a-job.

Finishing the review with a 3:1 Obsello in my cleverly etched glass. Man, there is a dramatic difference between Obsello and WW that wasn't as apparent until I tried them back to back like this. Someday I'll be able to describe the difference, but my absinthe tongue is still new.

No kidding!

I'm heading back to work tomorrow morning, It's going to be a good Monday!

I finished off my old bottle of Perique while designing a poster for Cabaret. It isn't scheduled to open until Dec.3rd but what the heck. It's a fun show and a sip between design decisions makes it all the more fun. The director* is all about making it "industrial" and "decadent." I'm betting there will be tits and ass of every gender all over our stage. We'll rate this one "R" and threaten to check IDs at the door.

* :wave2:

I'm always down for the theatre, not so sure about the t & a.

Lots of Obsello last night. It was a good night. Even substituted for a lack of a weekend or even a day off. It's the little things.

Yep, I understand some patrons are uncomfortable with T&A on stage but Cabaret isn't a traditional musical comedy.

It needs to rip people right out of their zombie-fied Faux-Network, laugh-track-filled doldrums.

It won't be for everyone, that's for sure. It will be an evening of cutting-edge entertainment. That much, I know.

Medium Roast, Peruvian Fair-Trade Organic Coffee this morning. Mmmm. :cheers:

Yeah, it's one of those glad-to-have-a-job years, for sure. It doesn't help that my company has already announced 0% raises this year. Luckily or thankfully, I got a good one last year and, hey-- I'm glad-to-have-a-job.

You have the right attitude!

Yep, I understand some patrons are uncomfortable with T&A on stage but Cabaret isn't a traditional musical comedy.

Googling "Weimar Berlin" led to a Salon.com review of Voluptuous Panic: The Erotic World of Weimar Berlin.

Some illustrations from the book. Warning: NSFW!

The outrageous excesses of Weimar aside, it's mind-blowing to think that the Roaring Twenties were preceded by the "Gibson Girl" Edwardian Age.