DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I've heard that there is some Brettanomyces, but I have to say I've never noticed any Brett character the few times I've had Orval.

I've never heard about any Brett in Orval, and certainly never tasted any. Other than the lactic character, it's mostly just dry, and so restrained it'salmost too elegant. Perhaps a bit of the wild yeast might give it the slight funkiness it needs to open it up a bit.

6pk.gif

Sipping on a glass of Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier right now.

Wish I was drinking from a bottle of Gran Patron Platinum that Patron gave us (along with a bottle of Silver, Anejo, and Reposado) .. but of course my brother has it and I don't. Awesome.

On a more exciting note, a guy I know in New York is sending me a bottle of Southern Tier Pumpking .. which is already out, a bit early it seems. But I LOVE pumpkin ales and I haven't tried this one yet, which is supposed to be one of the best. I'd love to get some to cellar. If anyone has any in their area and wants to help a friend, let me know :)

Sipping Marteau this evening. It was either Marteau or Pacifique..........Marteau was closest to my hand. Pacifique will be next. *smile*

Wishin' I was fishin', Cheers!

Year and 1/2 old raspberry pyment and 6 month old blueberry pyment. The blueberry is meh!

Thank goodness the fire dept pager has been quiet since midnight!

Started with a tasting of Bartoun Mountains Arak (real yummy stuff, my new favorite), then I had a tasty verte, and now a little gin concoction.

I definitely think you should, if it's available in your area . ;) I don't have it here, but I do have a lot of gratitude for the generous sender. :cheers:

I didn't water it to 2:1, and even though it's bottled at 65% it was incredibly smooth. :twitchsmile:

And it comes in a very cool bottle.

Marteau Belle Epoque, and I discovered that I had a tiny amount of US Berger clone 65% left. The wormwood seems to have come forward the past couple months it was sitting in the sample bottle. Mmmmm. Bergerlicious.

Victory Hop Whallop at home, after having a few different IPAs while seeing a band tonight.

Re: Orval

I thought it was dosed with brett @ bottling? It is wonderful after a year or two when there is a little tart bite and a nice mustiness. Fresh bottles I pass on unless I have space to age them.

Victory Hop Whallop at home, after having a few different IPAs while seeing a band tonight.

Re: Orval

I thought it was dosed with brett @ bottling? It is wonderful after a year or two when there is a little tart bite and a nice mustiness. Fresh bottles I pass on unless I have space to age them.

World Beer Festival is comin back through in October ... I'm just sayin!

:pirate:

I do biscuits and gravy every morning for breakfast ;) ... but then again, they're Army biscuits and gravy :puke:

I just opened a bottle of Lagunitas IPA .... can't wait to try it once it warms up a little, but it smells AMAZING.

We should totally have a "post a picture of what you're drinking" thread .. that would be pretty awesome.

:pirate:

Thought it was kinda junk even back then, though.

Ditto.

I liked the first run of Sapin, though, and the Gentiane was, well, different, in a Dr. O. kinda way. :twitchsmile:

The newer version of Un Emile 68 was pretty good. Still a week louche- similar to Roquette and other E.Pernots, and it was just a little sweet for me, that great wormwood really made it worth a go.

Killed my bottle of Talisker 10 so I stopped by the store today and sprung for a bottle of Ardberg Uigeadail - wow, this one is peaty and mysterious, I'm going to enjoy exploring the flavors here!