DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Meadow of Love.

Rooooock the Meadow of loooooooouuve..... :cheerz:

Me too (while using my best Billy Idol lip curl).

Iced cold water next, while finishing this little flick they call "Easy Rider".

Moylan's Hopsickle.

A hop lover's dream.

Yums! I hate that $10 price tag for a bomber here.

It's close to that here, but the same can be said for Hercules.

Pliny the Elder is even better, and cheaper, but I have to travel pretty near Seattle to get it.

I'd say the superb Stone Ruination is easily the next best deal, at under $6.

Meadow of Love.

As the wormwood steps more and more into the spotlight along with the violet, the balance just keeps getting mo' and mo' betterer.

I've liked pretty much all the flavor stages of Meadow so far, it was sweet and floral and super smooth at first, but now it's sweet and floral with an oomph. It's all good.

Walton Walters I think wasn't oomphy enough at first, but now it's just right.

Agreed.

I wasn't sure how much the lemon thyme really appealed to me at first, but once the wormwood came to the fore, the balance seemed just about perfect.

Anyone notice a kid of sandalwood note to both these products when they were still very young? It fades away after a week or two, but it was a little bit off-putting in the second two bottles I ordered...not so much in the first two.

I agree with you both, though. To my tongue, the wormwood took a while to blossom in full with both of these. Not that it wasn't great in both to begin with (see my review) but more time made them both better. They matured rather quickly and impressively. Perhaps if I wasn't chomping at the bit so eagerly, I would have found out just how much more they would have matured months down the line.

The lemon thyme and violet were the perfect answer to some non-traditional ingredients, making these two real landmarks in branching out without being funkdified attention whores. I still prize these as the best two US absinthes available...as of right now.

Moylan's Hopsickle.

A hop lover's dream.

Yums! I hate that $10 price tag for a bomber here.

It's close to that here, but the same can be said for Hercules.

Pliny the Elder is even better, and cheaper, but I have to travel pretty near Seattle to get it.

I'd say the superb Stone Ruination is easily the next best deal, at under $6.

We get Hurcules 4-packs for about $10.

No Pliny in NC. I has a bottle thanks to a very generous member here, I would love to try it again.

Ruination is well available now, thankfully at around $6 a bomber and $17 a sixer.

Just plain old Stone IPA for me tonight.

Sam Adams Boston Lager for me tonight.

Somehow we ended up with a bottle of Absente in the freezer. I'm in the Army and live with two other roommates and I'm sure one of them bought it ... and I can assure you they were probably drinking it straight. Well, one of my roommates, whom I knew it didn't belong to, wanted to use my phone and I said he could only if he took a shot of the Absente ... hahahah, he wasn't a fan. Almost threw up, and continued to almost throw up for 10 minutes.

Sorry guys, I turned another guy off to absinthe, but this fellow never would have gone for it anyways :P

See what happens when you put absente in your body?

JK. I'd take it over LTV, but we're talking pretty dire circumstances.

Right now I'm sipping on an Arsenic and Old Lace, waiting for the summer evening/night thunderstorm to pass over head. Sure is neat here in the desert. :cheers:

Just plain old Stone IPA for me tonight.

The quintessential lawn mowing beer.

Or so my friends tell me, since I've never had the "pleasure"...of mowing a lawn, I mean.

A Martini of a different kind --- or, call it a cocktail if you wish ---

2 oz. G'Vine gin

1/2 oz. St-Germain

1/2 oz french dry vermouth

1 dash of fee brothers orange bitters

Sir with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass

garnish with an orange twist

Times three last night !!! :cheers:

The quintessential lawn mowing beer.

a friend once described Rolling Rock as "a nice summer beer that you can drink while you chop wood barefoot and not worry about losing any toes."