DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I had tried Hendricks, and it was pretty good as well, but again, I'm not a big gin guy to begin with.

Nobody's perfect ;)

I needed cold beer today with the heat, store selection wasn't great but managed to find some Red Hook Long Hammer IPA, tasty!

I had tried Hendricks, and it was pretty good as well, but again, I'm not a big gin guy to begin with.

Nobody's perfect ;)

I needed cold beer today with the heat, store selection wasn't great but managed to find some Red Hook Long Hammer IPA, tasty!

haha :twitchsmile: The Long Hammer definitely ain't bad, and it's from my original stomping grounds!

I envy you for being in California (where I'll move when I get out of the service) ... the beer scene down there is amazing. Oh what I'd do to be able to stop by Stone Brewing whenever I felt like it and attend their events!

I actually found it at a cheese/wine shop in Williamsburg, VA. I could pick you up a bottle next time I go up if you'd like.

Are you going to the Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ festival in Cary next month?

:pirate:

Grab an extra bottle next time and I'll trade you something good for it!

I'm working the day of B,B,and BBQ, and moving the next day.

How did you like the Monks Cafe? It was a bit sweet and mild when I had it, might could do with a bit more time methinks.

Tonight, Hopping Frog Mean Manalishi Double I.P.A., 168 IBUs, not too sure about that.

Will do!

Sucks you can't attend. Maybe you'll be able to go to World Beer Festival when it comes back around in October. I went to the last one, stayed for both sessions (press passes!) and drank from every brewery ... ~400oz of beer. Oh man.

As for the Monks Cafe, I sat down to open it and something came up ... so it'll be this weekend. I haven't had a sour or anything like that in a while, and I'm craving some Rodenbach Grand Cru!

Chelada anyone?

Bud%20Light%20Chelada.jpg

None for me, thanks, but I did see the can in the store and the description alone made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Clam juice, tomato juice, and terrible beer. MMMM!!!

I think I'll stick with a Knob Creek-ized Sazerac on the rocks :p

Calvedos tonight.

Has someones been nipping my very special lemoncello?

I had a sip. Actually, it was the last sip of alcohol I've had since then. Honest!

Baubel drank the rest. *devil grin*

<---------Rat manatee

That wasn't a sip.

I put mine in a glass. :devil:

Don't worry Jules, I know someone who's working on some.

And if Chelada wasn't bad enough, I've seen people go out of their way to mix up their own when they couldn't find it in the stores. I don't like drinking with them.

Chelada anyone?

Bud%20Light%20Chelada.jpg

None for me, thanks, but I did see the can in the store and the description alone made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Clam juice, tomato juice, and terrible beer. MMMM!!!

I think I'll stick with a Knob Creek-ized Sazerac on the rocks :p

Ugh. I hate this stuff. I bought some and drank it .. and wrote up a blog on it .. and I pretty much threw up in my mouth as well. It was horrible and it looks like what you'd expect to find in a tub after a water birthing.

That wasn't a sip.

I put mine in a glass. :devil:

Don't worry Jules, I know someone who's working on some.

And if Chelada wasn't bad enough, I've seen people go out of their way to mix up their own when they couldn't find it in the stores. I don't like drinking with them.

It's basically a mexican bloody mary .... with a twist .. doesn't seem THAT wrong. But it tastes pretty wrong. Ugh.

As for me, I'm currently drinking a bottle of Southern Tier Heavy Weizen (Imperial Unfiltered Wheat Ale). Not bad ... but wheat beers don't quite seem to do it for me these days and at 8% abv, the alcohol really comes through on the back end.

Celebrating the first Genepy harvest of the season with a glass of Edouard for me and a fresh bottle of Clandestine (3/30/07) for the real Jules! :thumbup:

Tonight I'm doing my last round of "taste tests" for Vieux Pontarlier and Pere François so that I can finally post some reviews.

Last night, I was taken to dinner at Andina, a Peruvian restaurant here in Portland. The food was outstandingly tasty (ranging from mussels and oysters to cheese plates, empanadas, and chorizo), and I had my first taste of white sangria. It paired well with the shellfish, but all in all I found it to be a little too subtle and prefer its more sanguine sister.