DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Absinthe. I didn't get enough up north.

Just kidding, it's just not fun anymore with out Bill. I might have to give it up. :twitchsmile:

:weak smile:

Long day today: King Double Iced Soy Mocha, Stone IPA, PF 1901, Chimay Red, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, and a couple Smuttynose IPAs.

I made a Sazerac with Jim Beam Rye and WW then finished the evening with a Bell's Cherry Stout (interesting, but I wouldn't get it again).

I'm imagining a Sazerac with Anchor Genevieve instead of rye... might try it tonight.

Mint julep (rye instead of bourbon, still good) and a Genevieve genever with muddled blueberries topped with Sprite.

I'm increasingly confident that Genevieve would make a good alternate-universe Sazerac.

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid ... delicious.

You didn't find that in NC didya?

SKA Decadent Imperial IPA, I think it's an older bottle as it is a bit of a malt bomb.

I actually found it at a cheese/wine shop in Williamsburg, VA. I could pick you up a bottle next time I go up if you'd like.

Are you going to the Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ festival in Cary next month?

:pirate:

Some Leopold Pisco Sours for me last night. Damned tasty beverage!

Just saw this. Where'd you find the Pisco? I'd been hearing it was coming to the California market sometime this summer, but I asked Todd about when and there was no date yet...

I successfully finished a couple glasses of cool water last night. So far, so good!

That's about all I have been having recently. :secret2:

Really wishing I had brought a bottle of Port of Barcelona Gin out to NC with me .. all I brought was a bottle of Obsello and I'm craving a gin and tonic, theirs of which I became very fond of.

Tonight will be Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale.

I only heard about Port of Barcelona after joining this forum. That may be on my next DUNY order. My favorite 3 gins at the moment are Hendricks, Brokers, and Quintessential -- all 3 very different spirits, each with their own specialties.

Taking a short break from H20

Good idea. I can't believe this stuff is still legal. It's strong enough to rust iron and people still let their kids drink it.

"The Clear Fairy" makes it sound so harmless.

I only heard about Port of Barcelona after joining this forum. That may be on my next DUNY order. My favorite 3 gins at the moment are Hendricks, Brokers, and Quintessential -- all 3 very different spirits, each with their own specialties.

Port of Barcelona is pretty different, and one of my favorites.

And I'm out.

Shit.

Taking a short break from H20

Good idea. I can't believe this stuff is still legal. It's strong enough to rust iron and people still let their kids drink it.

"The Clear Fairy" makes it sound so harmless.

Yes indeed! One of these days, the DEA will get their act together and expand the "war" on drugs to address water intoxication.

Hmph...slackers.

Taking a short break from H20 and am having a very cold glass of Vieux Carre. Yummy stuff.

Good man. I'll be taking a pretty long breather from alcohol in general until this injury of mine allows me to walk without the aide of crutches. And long after I'm off any pain killers.

What am I drinking for the next 14 - 21 nights? Abstinence with a large side of ice cold water...my non-alcoholic drink of choice.

I'm not really a gin kind of guy, and before I tried The Port of Barcelona Gin, gin and tonics were just "okay" for me. But the Port of Barcelona makes a killer G&T .. and everything I've heard it's different from what a lot of people are used to. I noticed it was very floral as well.

Port of Barcelona is pretty different, and one of my favorites.

And I'm out.

Shit.

I had tried Hendricks, and it was pretty good as well, but again, I'm not a big gin guy to begin with.

I actually found it at a cheese/wine shop in Williamsburg, VA. I could pick you up a bottle next time I go up if you'd like.

Are you going to the Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ festival in Cary next month?

:pirate:

Grab an extra bottle next time and I'll trade you something good for it!

I'm working the day of B,B,and BBQ, and moving the next day.

How did you like the Monks Cafe? It was a bit sweet and mild when I had it, might could do with a bit more time methinks.

Tonight, Hopping Frog Mean Manalishi Double I.P.A., 168 IBUs, not too sure about that.