DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

As an apertif, a proper Larspeart Frappé with Peychaud's bitters -- just arrived today -- and WW. Mmm, tasty.

Later a Columbus Brewing Company IPA to go with cheddar bacon burgers and tots. ;>

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA for me tonight.

I love these guys ... their beers, their brewery, and their ideology. Their brewery is INSANE in how conscience they are with their environmental impact and the steps they take to mitigate it. They produce so much of their own power from recycling heat, gasses, and other byproducts produced during the production process and along with solar power and everything else that they actually sell power back to the state.

Bill is so overcome with tears of joy in that photo, it is a true testament to his love for absinthe. ;)

Anyway, it looks like a blast! I sincerely wish I could have made it, Joe. Y'all need to move to Detroit already so we can have louche-fests every weekend...

Yesterday at the lake it was Pacifique, and Guinness whilst playing fetchies in the water with the dog. Then some cherry lambic, and more Guinness, and some shrimp with pesto/cilantro/chipolte sauce that came out pretty good and I was too hammered to even hope to remember how I made it. It always seems to happen that way.... :laugh:

and some more Guinness.

Last night it was absinthe (way to many) and a martini or several. I had way to much booze.

I hope I heal by tomorrow. *weak smile*

Last night it was absinthe (way too many) and a martini or several. I had way too much booze.

I hope I heal by tomorrow. *weak smile*

What he said. It was good fun. I don't think we should compete next time, Bill. ;)

I don't think we should compete next time, Bill.

We were on the same team!

Weren't we?

Damn, it got drunk out last night.

I'm going back to work. This vacation stuff is kicking my ass.

...they actually sell power back to the state.

That's some impressive work, right there. It's cool for all the reasons you mentioned, plus the fact that it's actually making them money! How much is another story, but still. :)

Zaya Gran Reserva 12 year old rum ... first with I tried it neat, then with a cube of ice (this really changed it up), and then to rum and coke. I feel bad for using a good sipping rum like this for rum and coke, but it was delicious especially with the hints of vanilla coming from the rum.

It's the morning after... but I started with a glass of Eich 68 Limitee, then went out with a few friends and I think we tried every cocktail the club offered in pitcher size! Funny how though they were tasty, I certainly would've preferred sticking to the Eich...

We have been in training for the past few days, drinking a steady stream of absinthe, gin, mead and beer. Other than a couple of missteps, everything has been going well but tonight, we break out the good stuff: absinthe, gin, mead and beer.

This has not been for the faint-hearted and we experienced our first loss last night after Ken announced that the scene had become too gruesome for his bride and he was taking her back to Portland. G'bye Ken. We'll try to carry on without you. :cheers:

Kinda generous ain't he.

Baubel and I have done our level best to deplete Joe's liquor cabinet.

It's amusing to others watching us crawl around with a drink in one hand and holding on to the ground with the other. It's a safety thing, three points of contact even though we weren't very far from the ground.

*weak smile*

Had a couple of liters of beer that Absomphe would've enjoyed. Visited Left Hand Brewing just North of Denver, and had their Hefeweizen, which used to be Tabernash Brewing's Hefeweizen before Left Hand swallowed the brand.

Fantastic beer.

Several days late on this one, just returned from vacation, but had to say thanks to Leopold for this info -- I had wondered what had happened to Tabernash. That was a really tasty hefe, good to know it can still be found under a different label.

Kinda generous ain't he.

Baubel and I have done our level best to deplete Joe's liquor cabinet.

It's amusing to others watching us crawl around with a drink in one hand and holding on to the ground with the other. It's a safety thing, three points of contact even though we weren't very far from the ground.

*weak smile*

OK, you have me worried now. Had some Root n' Ginger's, and on to Martini's. Now I'm almost out of Root and Bluecoat. Looks like time for another visit to the state store. A quick check shows my local state store has 9 units of Root and 19 units of Bluecoat on sale. Oh goody!! :thumbup: A quick note, that 3 points of contact was a primary years ago when I did a lot of rock climbing and weighed about 50 lbs. less.

Know the feeling well. It isn't so much that the ground is that far away, it's about not being sure that ground is really down. With the internal gyro out of commission, the ground is just one of many spinning surfaces, and you might just as easily slam into the ceiling and spill your drink all over the chandelier.

Started tonight with a Deschutes Brewery IPA. Then went to a cocktail made from 1oz Zaya Gran Reserva 12 year old rum, 1 oz grapefruit juice, and 1/2 oz simple syrup and stirred for 30 seconds ..... AMAZING. Ran out of grapefruit juice and now i'm on a Port of Barcelona gin and tonic, pretty damned good as well.

Once you get some more grapefruit juice (make sure it's white--and 100% juice, unsweetened--not pink or red), try a Paloma. It's a cousin of the margarita and one of my favorite summer drinks. In Mexico, it's usually made with grapefruit soda (Squirt works well), like so:

Recipe #1

I prefer it with grapefruit juice and a little club soda, though, the way they make it at the Apothecary in Philly:

Recipe #2

It's even better if you use fresh white grapefruit; unfortunately, they're a bit hard to come by around here. But even with bottled juice, it's good--a very refreshing mix of sweet, sour, salty, and bitter.

Boggy Long Island Iced Tea:

15ml Boggy vodka (or any equivalent at 42%)

15ml tokaji palinka (or any fruit brandy at 50-60%)

15ml Tuzemsky rum (or any brown rum)

15 ml Barbados Liqueur 47% (no equivalent possible unless there is some booze with cinnamon and Citrus medica peels)

Top with 75ml of Lipton Ice Tea Lemon. Drink. Repeat. and so on.

a real holiday cocktail, I am on my second now.