DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

A tiny glass of absinthe from my remaining sample of PF 1910 (hey, just like my WS member number). Maybe something else after dinner.

:cheers:

A very heavy Absomphesized (quadruple-tiered) turn of the century cordial shot glass of Meadow of Love, followed by another, and then another.

I've never seen a glass like this one*, and it really works as an absinthe snifter.

* Unfortunately, our digicam battery just died, or I'd post a pic.

An East India cocktail, made according to old Harry Johnson's original recipe (with Peychaud's substituted for the Boker's). Out of season, but a damn fine tipple nevertheless.

A tiny glass of absinthe from my remaining sample of PF 1910 (hey, just like my WS member number). Maybe something else after dinner.

:cheers:

Wow, I feel sorry for the poor absinthe trying to follow that act. ;)

Pernod Fils 1910 (pre-ban sample)

I still have a couple drops that I'll reserve for occasional sniffing.

Pernod Fils 1910 (pre-ban sample)

I still have a couple drops that I'll reserve for occasional sniffing.

Sorry for my confusion.

A Ramos Gin Fizz. My God, where has this drink been all my life? It just shot to the top of my (short) list of favorite gin cocktails.

A Ramos Gin Fizz. My God, where has this drink been all my life? It just shot to the top of my (short) list of favorite gin cocktails.

Mmm. We'll make a couple soon. Thanks for the idea!

The past few nights I've been hanging my head in a bottle of Makers Mark to try to forget the passing and remember the life of the man who taught me to love whisky. I taught him to appreciate absinthe, fair trade. Miss ya man.

http://www.mtstandard.com/obits/obit.php?Id=20090622073241

I'm sorry for your loss, MT. Take solace in the fact that you helped your friend live well, something that some people who live twice as long as he did cannot say.

Another Tuesday, another night of Pub Quiz. Some Black Butte Porter, a Rogue Dead Guy, and two pints of my own English Bitter.

Had a lovely glass or two of Pacifique the other night, and thought it was just as marvelous as the first time I tasted it. Zman, you've got yourself a winner there!

Another Tuesday, another night of Pub Quiz. Some Black Butte Porter, a Rogue Dead Guy, and two pints of my own English Bitter.

Had a lovely glass or two of Pacifique the other night, and thought it was just as marvelous as the first time I tasted it. Zman, you've got yourself a winner there!

Ah, I love the Black Butte Porter! And coincidentally enough it's one of the ads in the mag :cheers:

:pirate:

The past few nights I've been hanging my head in a bottle of Makers Mark to try to forget the passing and remember the life of the man who taught me to love whisky. I taught him to appreciate absinthe, fair trade. Miss ya man.

http://www.mtstandard.com/obits/obit.php?Id=20090622073241

Very sorry to read this. My condolences, MTG. So young. :(

Thanks Cary, Jay and everyone who's sent PM's. It's been tough. I think a fishing trip is in order today.

And mine, MT.

Goose Island Bourbon County Imperial Stout this afternoon, and savored out of a late 19th century beer goblet that holds a modest 10 ounces, but weighs about 2 1/2 pounds! It's the heaviest (non mug or stein) beer glass I've ever had the pleasure to hoist, and the once clear glass has turned nearly Vaseline yellow/green with age...definitely a receptacle befitting such a world-class brew.

MTGrayling, I hoisted a drink tonight to your friend who clearly went far too soon. My condolences.

Stopped at the Great Divide brewery taproom tonight for said drink. Had a freshly released "Double Belgian wit". 8.1 abv. Whew. Finished the stop over with their Hercules Double IPA. Wow, that's a hoppy beer. Really enjoyed it.

Cheers, all.

so sorry to hear, MTG. my condolences.

Thought it was just gonna be beer tonight but it just wasn't hittin' right. Tasted wrong, not sitting properly.... I had a couple glarses of Leopold Bros and that set me straight, I am now happily cooking spareribs and stoutin' it up. Silly boyeee..

Comparative Sazerac study: Rye vs Cognac.

The jury is still out.*

*face down in a gutter.

I had a couple glarses of Leopold Bros and that set me straight...

What's yer mixin' ratio?

I'm going to review the Walton Waters and Meadow of Love very soon. Just haven't had an opportunity to sit in quiet with nothing else going on yet. But I've been drinking them.