DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Yesterday I was on a date and consumed the following: 200ml of Bordeaux Moelleux-so-so, a bit oaky,

100ml Martini bianco,100ml Martini bianco with 100ml Lubuski gin, 30ml Jagermeister u-booted in Red Bull-interesting, but nothing special about it, then Maracuja Sunrise but made the wrong way and at home piołunówka and one Texan absinthe-both delicious.

Today I have eaten one beer and I am waiting for dinner as we have tracked Malaga for a very competitive price. Cheers!

I'm just sitting on the patio sipping a Bloody Mary and enjoying a nice quiet morning.

Mmmmmm mellow, ahhhh!

Cheers!

Having a tiny taste of Prototype 30. I'm nearly out of it, and it's one of my favourite absinthes ever. I wish I had bought a bunch of bottles.

Does anyone here still have any? I'd be more than willing to try to figure out a trade.

A glass of Essai #4 followed by a glass of Meadow of Love. A perfect prelude to a lite, French dinner.

Followed that up with something someone sent me last year. It was pretty raw then, and incredibly smooth and floral now, with really intense wormwood.

Took a couple of "to-go" samples of Leo & VC to the Allentown Art Festival in downtown Buffalo to set the mood. Then dinner at Fat Bob's Smokehouse for some BBQ, & Flying Bison stout/Victory Hop devil for dessert. (kind of a Yin/Yang of beer selection) :cheerz:

Sounds delicious!

I've never been to Fat Bob's, or even Flying Bison, but I remember Tim Herzog from his days as brewmaster at the Buffalo Brewpub. It was the only time their beers were respectable, but it couldn't last. Just like at the long defunct Buffalo Brewing Co., Kevin Townsell either fires all his good brewers, or they quit on him, in disgust. I'm glad to hear that Tim's talents are really blooming now that he's running his own place.

Westmalle Dubbel. It's pretty good. :)

It's Cubs-Sox beginning tonight. I hate this time of year.

Edit: Rained out.

Well, it's pretty fun when your team is in the AL and their pitchers come out hitting. In just one series one ChiSox pitcher got his first MLB hit (a double) and run scored, and another got his first MLB home run.

But I hate the Cubs-Sox stuff. Both fan bases turn into idiots, the games are frustrating no matter who wins, and playing the Cubs every single year in two series limits how many other NL teams the Sox can play. So they rarely come to Atlanta.

I started with a verte then a blanche. Repeated. Now I'm sipping North Shore Gin #6 and tonic. I was grilling brats and sausages in 95 degree weather with no clouds in sight. I know, I ain't quite right but the refreshments seemed to have worked.

Like...Cheers! Ya'll

*smile*

Well, it's pretty fun when your team is in the AL and their pitchers come out hitting.

Yeah, that's quite fun to watch!

But I hate the Cubs-Sox stuff. Both fan bases turn into idiots...

In my neck of the woods, substitute Cubs with Yanks. Keep the idiots part. Oy frickin' vey do some Sox fans bother me; I could give a crap that we're into the same team.

I'm drinking more pink, which was previously linked.

In my neck of the woods, substitute Cubs with Yanks. Keep the idiots part. Oy frickin' vey do some Sox fans bother me; I could give a crap that we're into the same team.

Ha, your Sox are a team that will come to Atlanta seemingly every year for interleague. I'm going to see them at Turner Field next Friday. My whole family are Red Sox fans. I'm the one weirdo White Sox guy.

As far as rivalries, I just find the Cubs-White Sox one tiring. They're in different leagues so it's all just a pissing match. At least the Red Sox and Yankees are divisional rivals and have something decent to fight about. But that's the kind of hatred I have for the Twins. :)

Don't let the door hit you too hard on the way out, barbarian. :harhar:

:laf: :laf: :laf:

I almost spewed Walton Waters out of my mouth when I read that, but only ALMOST -- I ain't no barbarian, fool. I'm a :pirate:

And yes, I realize that was from last week, but for some reason, clicking on the recent posting put me two pages back on the thread. And I was on vacation, so nany-nany-boo-boo!

Seriously though, mixing, Lucid, Kübler, and La Charlotte? Hmm. That latter one really pisses on my cornflakes, but I do have most of a bottle left, so... leave me be a bit, I'm gonna do the math on this one... :devil:

Just keep yer grape nuts dry.

Chef told me he has some dry, salty balls reserved just for you.

Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

75% dark -- apparently there was a honky in the woodpile.

PF 1901, La P'tite, and Brevans A.O. Spare. OK, couldn't resist crossing my new fountain with an unopened bottle. Initial impression is favorable. No layering in the louche, which appears quite thick, but still retains a remarkable flavor even when I added more water than I normally use. Just did a comparison with the other Brevans. Similar louche characteristics, and a touch less wormwood in the Spare.

Walton Waters.

Suddenly, there's this wormwood bloom that really brightens the flavor, and also a pepperiness in the foreground, and a bit of rummineess that's not dissimilar to the Pisco in Leopold's...I'm enjoying this more and more, as its flavor profile seems to develop almost as quickly as its color lightens.

On to a Meadow of Love...although this is described as a dry absinthe (and it certainly is), the Walton Waters seems almost the drier ( and slightly more wormwood driven) of the two, this afternoon...however, the violet has become even more prominent (in both the taste, and the aroma) and this can only be a wonderful thing. If there were ever a flower better suited for absinthe, I can't imagine which one it might be...everything about this nectar is superb, from the creaminess, to its perfume, and the dynamically long, mouth coating finish. :dribble:

Big Hole, Diablo Dark Ale.

Hmm, don't know that I've seen that one yet. Where's it made Leroy? Is it the headstrong ale?

Tonight I think I will sample a few samples that landed on my doorstop last week. I've already been damn impressed by a blanche that was thick, wormwoody and juicy.