DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The wormwood note will be more pronounced if these weird things disappear: they are too aromatic, too untraditional and too weird for the normal herbs to blossom.

Nah, just switch to green anise and overload on wormwood. :) It'll probably have to be a wormwood bomb just to reach balance, but that's okay.

Agreed. If there is a factual amount of wormwood, it is very minute, or maybe a wrong varietal. Of course, using green anise and resigning from star anise completely should be a nice move. I do not know if I am the only one to share that opinion but star anise is too excessive in that thing and provides too much of cloying and heaviness.

The star anise is less than in some starsinthes I've had. But it still bothers me.

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

I fucking hate umpires!

And I hate leadoff walks, too!

Drinking everything in the house. EVERYTHING.

I fucking hate umpires!

And I hate leadoff walks, too!

Drinking everything in the house. EVERYTHING.

I looked up "heartbreaker" in the dictionary and saw the White Sox logo. I don't know how you stick with them man, it's a cycle of abuse!

It's rewarding every now and then, which makes it even worse the rest of the time. Here's an interesting statistic you might not know: we Sox fans account for 79.4% of Tums sales. You can look it up.

But seriously. I'm reminded of Jim Bouton telling an ump, "I can't afford for you to make too many bad calls with the junk I throw!" We play badly enough already. Why do the umps have to screw us and make it worse?

Man, what a shitty way to end an otherwise great day. The great part was my most hated manager at work getting canned and thereby completely lifting all my work-related stress off my shoulders. She's an evil person and made every day a nightmare.

I looked up "heartbreaker" in the dictionary and saw the White Sox logo. I don't know how you stick with them man, it's a cycle of abuse!

Look at it this way, it beats stickin' with the Cubs.

The Pirates singlehandedly destroyed my interest in baseball. Which is sad, because my Grandad played for the Brooklyn Dodgers back in the day.

What happened and yeah, who's your Granddad?

Well, I can answer the one about the Pirates. 16 straight losing seasons, and it's not looking good this season. Not losing as in, didn't make the playoffs, but as in didn't break .500.

It's amazing that they have an overall winning record throughout their history. Just shows how elite they used to be.

There's always a silver lining. Sometimes it just takes awhile to see and appreciate.

Yeah, the silver lining is that in October nothing will be competing with football for my viewing time.

That's what I'm talking about!

While growing up in Pittsburgh, we had Bonds, Bonilla, etc etc. It was fun to watch. When Tim Wakefield made his first career appearance, that was nuts, watching people try to hit that ball. Come second season, people got used to it. The following seasons started the downhill trend.

Grandad. A wonderful man.

Very fulfilling life, your gramps had. I see you're following in his footsteps.

Well, I can answer the one about the Pirates. 16 straight losing seasons, and it's not looking good this season. Not losing as in, didn't make the playoffs, but as in didn't break .500.

It's amazing that they have an overall winning record throughout their history. Just shows how elite they used to be.

I'm thinking these things are cyclical, no? I mean, yeah, 16 straight seasons is a doozie but, well, just seems that their turn will come around. Not an exact science but one would think that it (a turn) should at least. :)

The cycles can be longer for some teams than for others. There can be systemic issues that put a team in the hole for decades.

While growing up in Pittsburgh, we had Bonds, Bonilla, etc etc. It was fun to watch. When Tim Wakefield made his first career appearance, that was nuts, watching people try to hit that ball. Come second season, people got used to it. The following seasons started the downhill trend.

Grandad. A wonderful man.

Orem Robinson? Here I was expecting Jackie Robinson :laugh:

Very fulfilling life, your gramps had. I see you're following in his footsteps.

Oh snap! :pirate:

Finally did a side-by-side Pacifique/Meadow of Love tasting, to determine my favorite.

Both are wonderful, and beautifully crafted, and for awhile the outcome seemed in doubt, but by the end of the two Absomphesized™ glasses, the winner was clear, and...surprise...it wasn't the West Coast contender. :shock:

I guess my sediments echo Precenphix's, who prefers Cheryl's fuller bodied, more herbally powerful work. Plus, that violet hook, and the drier, more decisive wormwood finish clinched it for me.

And, no big surprise, I ordered two more bottles of MoL (Money over, Loser) :twitchsmile: from DUNY, Cheryl.

And yes, I hate you very much. :heart:

Wow, thanks, that's impressive (that MoL beat out Pacifique). I'm sure it wasn't by much, and I bet you're off to the local store tomorrow to get more Pacifique to test those results.

Just to make sure, you know. ;)

Thanks for your support (and everyone else as well), it's been very important.

:cheers: :heart: :cheers:

If we were still living in the NYC area, I have no doubt that Tish and would have visited the distillery at least once, by now...I'm sure it would be an interesting compare and contrast with Pacific.

Hopefully, someday. :cheers:

If only St. George had been this kind of eccentric.

(Sorry to backtrack, but I've been neglecting to keep up to date lately...) Anyway, all this talk about St. George is making me thirsty for some of that weirdness...I know it's not all that popular here, but for reasons I can't explain, I like it...It's definitely got its own signature. Still got to try some of that Pacifique & Delaware Phoenix, though...

Ok, so I combined Kübler, Lucid and then La Charlotte to mellow out grassiness I guess. Not a bad combo, but probably sacrilege in a glass to most. Don't kick me out of the club.

So, I used double the sucre to suit :pirate: :devil: . ?:_P