DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Boulevard Saison.

A beautifully faithful representation of the style... huge, craggy, billowy head, sprightly body, not too heavy, not too light, and just slightly creamy...spicy (coriander, cardamom, perhaps a touch of clove, and nutmeg), and fruity (lemon peel, orange peel, and a dash of something like banana), new mown hay, and a touch of horse blanket/ funk.

I'll look forward to trying the stronger brett version which I hear is similar, but bigger in the last department, and fuller flavored, and bodied.

My new sad country song is "Bases Loaded, No Outs... Nevermind"

Gonna drown my sorrows in a Hercules Double IPA.

Hmm. I'll have so see about meetin' yer friends. The best pyment I've ever had was a raspberry pyment. :cheers:

I have a feeling you'd get along just fine with them.

Jules and I are the featured guests at the local homebrewer's meeting tonight. We've been invited to discuss absinthe: the history, myths, the beverage itself and our own fledgling adventure. It should be fun. I've loaded the box with our travel fountain, a bevy of glasses, sugar cubes, spoons, Lucid, Kübler, (the two locally available is why) Leopold, Vieux Carre, Pacifique and Marteau. I know someone won't like absinthe so I've also tossed in a couple of bottles of Raspberry and Blackberry pyment besides, it is a homebrewer's meeting. Oooo, I better toss in a crapsinth, too.

Wow! What a lucky bunch of home brewers. I'd love to be crawling home from that meeting.

Tonight a new to me and very well crafted verte.

Last evening I drowned my sorrows over the Penguins "game" with some raspberry pyment. Absolutely delicious and nothing like commercial mead.

Yah, bloodbath is an apt description. Tuesday is a whole new day though.

Another different verte for me. Wow, there sure are some artists with a still out there.

Had a drink tonight, based on a drink menu description that I saw last night, I don't remember the name, but it is damn tasty. My version: JB Rye, Jade VS, Stirrings Grenadine and fresh lemon juice, damn tasty!

Must. Try. Soon.

Naked Mary. 1.5 oz Garlic-Jalapeno infused vodka, juice .5 lime, 1 splash hot sauce, 2 splashes Worcestershire. Shake. Rocks.

... something pink from Poland. :cheers:

WTF, Pink?

I'm tasting a wormwood bomb HG! Not bad!

I love Moose Drool!

I had a dream I tried this Dark Lord beer. Is it that hard to get?

Yup, pink. It's tasty, and completely mysterious to me.

Keep digging drinking until all the mysteries are solved :cheers:

Unless you have a connection who lives in the general vicinity, or makes a pilgrimage there, yes it is.

Interesting. I won't obsess like I did with the Abyss.

Unless you have a connection who lives in the general vicinity, or makes a pilgrimage there, yes it is.

Only option I know of is to attend "Dark Lord Day". Tried to get a road trip together for it a few years back, but didn't get any takers.

Thanks! Will look for it next year!

a Half-Sinner Half-Saint

I know where you found out about that one! :cheers:

:secret2:

:biggrin:

Yup, pink. It's tasty, and completely mysterious to me.

Keep digging drinking until all the mysteries are solved :cheers:

Considering my palate skills, this may take some time!

I'll have to take a pic to share the pink-ness. :cheers:

Edit: Take a gander! (It's actually a very small glass: about 1.5 oz. I think.)

Edited by scuto

St. George.

Still weird as hell, but I'm beginning to taste some absinthe in it.

Yeah...I think the brandy base is one of the things that helps. And though the ingredients are weird, I think they're well balanced. While the star anise isn't as obnoxious as I would expect, I think a lot of people wonder what it would be like with green anise instead.

I certainly do. I'm sure it would be significantly better. The star anise isn't obnoxious but it still has enough of that acrid character to be distracting.

Meadow of Love.

If only St. George had been this kind of eccentric.

As far as my numero uno is concerned, between this beauty, and Pacifique, it continues to be an absolutely delightful toss-up.

Change from star anise to green anise won't take away the undesirable combo of sage and tarragon, basil and trash alike that do dominate and spoil the rest.

None of those bother me. They're weird but I don't have a problem with weird from time to time. The only things necessary to make me enjoy it more are switching to green anise, and making the wormwood more pronounced.

The wormwood note will be more pronounced if these weird things disappear: they are too aromatic, too untraditional and too weird for the normal herbs to blossom. Funny thing, I do not find there any wormwood, either.

If he did, at least he could approximate traditional absinthe more :devil: So far, it is a herbal liqueur in the making.

Agreed, at least the sample I tasted when it was younger.

It really did resemble more of a lite salad, eccentric dressing than an absinthe in flavor, at least to me.