DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Joe, if I lived a little closer I would make it a point to get to know you and Jules ---
It would be a pleasure.

Mmm Coke. Goes well with Chartreuse. Just ask Jules.
:nono:

;)

It has been a good, long day. :cheers:

:cheers:

You'll have time in July to feed me to the bears for that comment. :wave2:

A tastay verte. :twitchsmile:

Much to my chagrin, it was Steve Winwood and Eric CLAPTON that I was listening to. Not that I don't like Eric Carmen as well. Brain fart (and too much gin).

Chartreuse V.E.P, which I've failed to try yet, makes Absinthe look much more affordable. Jade V.E.P anyone? Anyone?

Um, no, don't give Ted any ideas on how to further fuel his Lucid Empire™. ;)

The Chartreuse VEP, while delicious, is so sweet that a bottle should last most people nearly an eternity, thus making it less expensive than it first appears. That said, one bottle was enough for me, and I bought it years ago, for a mere $74.

Had V.E.P. yesterday, sadly in cocktails. The first: Yellow Parrot ended in the sink, whilst Chartreuse Martini with real deal ingredients (Voyager gin, amongst them) was a feast of senses and scents. In the meantime, there were some absinthes, today my Tripel, Imiglykos and some other absinthes.

A Joli Rajah, with Bacardi light rum, homemade grenadine, and Leopold #14. Kudos, Mr. Stone. This is a seriously tasty cocktail! :cheers:

Stone Imperial Russian Stout.

It seems to get better every year, and teamed with Goose Island Bourbon County, and Bells Expedition, one can experience the holy trinity (so to speak) of this marvelous style.*

*Okay, Martin, and Elf, throw in the Dark Lord, if you must. ;)

That's ok. I was thinking Eric CARTman.

Man, the things you must learn as a theater teacher... ;)

Had a Mint Julep, might have a bottle of Hobgoblin later on.

Yeah. Pretty superficial. :laugh:

Mat and I ended our drinking for this visit with cognac Sazeracs last night. We send him South to MtGrayling's care today.

Martini's, many of them, and doubles at that. I'm usually prone to drinking Gin and Tonic. But, after extensive research today, I've found my old faithful, Bombay Sapphire, still a decent drink. I favor it over Hendrick's, but, Plymouth and Bluecoat are very preferable to anything else I've tried today. I have yet to obtain Voyager for comparison purposes. :3872-DrunkBanana:

A friend of mine, who was a Sapphire man, recently grabbed a bottle of Bluecoat when I mentioned to him it was available at one of our local stores and is highly thought of by the folks here. It wasn't long before he was buying his second bottle. I had a Bluecoat martini at his place the other day and it was very fine.

Hendrick's is an oddball for sure, and I'm at the point where I almost don't consider it along with my other bottles of gin. For a Bijou, I'll switch around between the Leopold's, Aviation, and Plymouth, but I usually don't even consider the Hendrick's. But for a Garden Party, if there's Hendrick's in the house, that's what it gets.

Stone Imperial Russian Stout.

It seems to get better every year, and teamed with Goose Island Bourbon County, and Bells Expedition, one can experience the holy trinity (so to speak) of this marvelous style.*

I just picked the new one up last month, it's the first time that it has been available here. It's in my beer "cellar" now.

I love Expedition, and I think I had GI Bourbon County last time I was at Delilahs in Chicago.

At this moment I am eating De 'Proef'brouwerij Saison Imperiale. YUM!

We send him South to MtGrayling's care today.

Mat was received and I am glad for the short time we had together. Meeting fellow W.S.'ers is always a treat and Mat is really a class act.

Of course Mat and I had to have some absinthe, a glass of awesome blanche and I'm continuing with another while Mat travels on. It was great to met you Mat! :cheers: Here's to a safe journey man. :thumbup:

I've been making Sazeracs with Knob Creek lately, man I tell ya it's a great value. Really smooth, sweet, tasty bourbon. At one of my local bars they ran out and poured me Woodford Reserve instead, I just about gagged.

Yeah, I don't really like Woodford Reserve, either.

I haven't made a cocktail in many months. Lately I just like drinking by booze neat.

Not too long ago I picked up a bottle of Blanton's single barrel. It's pretty good, but I was hoping for a little more than pretty good for what I paid for it.

Picked up a bottle of the Balvanie Signature 12, Batch 1, last bottle they had at BevMo, yum!

The entire Balvenie line is the best scotch available for the money, methinks. :thumbup: