DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Ike all day & into the night.. weather warrants it! Brooks :laf: love ya,man! :laf: !

You should be named to the quentissential PR guy position for the WS ! :wave2:

I'm sharing with T73.

We lit 5 Bonfires in sacrifice to Spring.

Animal Protection Services frowns upon sacrificing goats these days.

I can't wait until Summer Solstice. It is my favorite day of the year.

I'm disappointed with the Delirium tremens. It is good. Very light for a Belgium but I prefer a good IPA. That's my fav. If it's Belgium I prefer Chimay.

:cheers: everyone!

Ike all day & into the night.. weather warrants it! Brooks,  love ya,man!
Jetz! :wave2: Where you been keepin' your musical self?

Guillaume, thank you for the translation. My friend Pan Buh delights in keeping me in suspense!

Maggie, I need to move to Montana. You two lead very cool lives, I've decided.

T73 is already working out how to bring you to Montana as a guest speaker. Once that man sets his mind to something things happen.

Life is indeed good.

Moved on to Sheaf Stout. I love a good stout. :devil:

Ike verte.

Me and Glassy where cleaning in the basement and found a box of tapes from the late 80s early 90s (mostly UK pseudo-psychedelic stuff), it was get drunk/retro night here.

'80s and '90s retro? Yeah, I guess so......sigh. I started tuning out in the '80s, when "Material Girl", "Smooth Operator", and "Thriller" were like a Mobius strip on MTV.

The last 20 years are a near-blank. However, my brother and I recently had a three-hour retro music night, which for us means '60s and '70s. Retro nights are great.

Please send Glassy my :heart:

When I say say retro, don't forget,

Glassy is chronologically closer to you than me.

edit: Actually, I think she's right in the middle between us.

Oh I've moved on to a nice Pontarlier verte, very sweet.

My friend Pan Buh delights in keeping me in suspense!

It's called time zones. At least I know not to rely on the difference for comic timing. I'll never out-funny the hecklers here who'd jump in in the meantime.

Or are you referring to the other Pan Buh? In which case, I'm glad He's your friend. ;)

T73 is already working out how to bring you to Montana as a guest speaker.  Once that man sets his mind to something things happen.

Moved on to Sheaf Stout.  I love a good stout.  :devil:

When I said Cooper's was the only good Australian beer exported to the U.S., I forgot all about Tooth's Sheaf Stout, which is definitely one finebrew.

When I first started brewing, I went through a lake of Sheaf Stout (and it through me). Good beer and the bottles were great for recycling in my early, mad-brew experiments. A few years ago they switched to twist-off tops and my Sheaf consumption dropped off. IMHO, that was a loss. Twist-offs suck.

My friend Pan Buh delights in keeping me in suspense!

It's called time zones. At least I know not to rely on the difference for comic timing.

You may not believe this, but it's absolutely true: The time difference didn't even occur to me until you mentioned it. That kind of cognitive lapse makes me fear for my old age. Can't blame it on booze, since I have three drinks a week max, and last night I was sober as a judge.

My apologies. Misunderstandings like this make me feel awful. :(

Yes, Brooks, being the center, er, I mean living at the center of the universe confers the right to ignore the rest of us having an independent existence somewhere else.

Oh lord, I miss New York. It's a state of mine.

Tonight I set up the Lowes mouthwash fountain and started my re-introduction to the world of absinthe. My previous meeting was with the Czech crap a few years ago, but I am trying to forget about it, thank you very much. :puke:

First up, a glass of Clandestine. I loved it. Very cleansing and velvety on the palate, and no bad aftertaste. I did notice the taste changes slightly the closer I got to the bottom of the glass, but all in all, very enjoyable.

Second, Ike 68. Wow, this one was very different than the CLB. A bit more complex flavor (spicy?), but the same smooth texture. Another winner.

I think the herb mixture in the Clandestine was a little better, and no single ingredient overpowered the drink. Then again, even with my limited knowledge, I could taste different flavors in the Ike.

A thank you to Hiram and the rest of the forum for making these suggestions, they were both great. :thumbup:

This weekend, I will do it all over, and add some Jade Eduardo to the sampling.

Can't wait for the DC gathering to sample some more great drinks...

Cheers...

:cheers:

Well, NERAX starts tonight so I shall be drinking beer (Real Ale!!!!) from now until Sunday. I should be properly fat and bloated by the end of this drinkfest.

It will be Ike verte/blance, Duplais Verte, and the last of the UE for me and a friend at Saluda Shoals Park, then followed by a little trout fishing. I can't wait! :clap: