DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I'm drinking Plymouth with Odwella Pomegranate Limeade onacuz I have nothing else to mix it with and DON'T feel like going out to make it better, so there!

And you don't have to, either!

A glass of Pacifique. Cleaning up around the fire ring. Nice.

A glass of La Muse, 'cuz I was curious. I'm not curious anymore. Not nice.

Hmmm, not so curious anymore... :laugh:

Sipping a zombie from Beachbum Berry's 1934 recipe. Weeeeeeee!

Thanks to a very generous Phoenix, I'm sipping a rye vodka from Philadelphia Distilling.

Hey! This vodka has flavor!

What??? We all know vodka has no flavor. I thought that was the point. Unless it's flavored vodka. Oooh, I get it, they must have added the rye flavor afterwards. Like apple vodka? :fork:

Speaking of rye, it's time for an Old Fashioned as I watch some Mad Men. Now, should I go Pikesville, Rittenhouse 100, or bust out my dwindling Saz 6 year? :g:

I know the feeling. There may be two fingers left in my Saz bottle but not more.

The rye vodka was pretty good, this coming from someone that is anti-vodka. Clean with a distinctly rye flavor that made it better than nearly every vodka I've had. I confess up front, I don't "get" vodka. Why make a drink that's purposefully flavorless? Personally, I want to make a beverage that has so much flavor, it verges on overwhelming. But that's just me.

Just had an Old Fashioned, the Robert Hess way. And yes, I broke out the 6yr Saz and shed a tear as there's probably just enough left for one more Sazerac. And yes, the Old Fashioned was freakin' super awesome.

Marteau BE and a small Berger clone sample next.

The theme in the studio tonight was fortified wines, so I had a little bit of three nice tawny ports and two nice sherrys. Then things got interesting.

Now I'm having some verte CO not really worth mentioning, but I'm happy I've got it considering the circumstances. I'll have something else next weekend. :cheers:

It is in the old ale style(maybe a bit on the light side, and no brett to be found), but I have yet to have one last more than a year to compare.

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout, holy s**t that is some good stuff!

A mysterious absinthe arrived today in an unmarked bottle. The fountain is loaded and invites extended. So far it seems a bit new, but very well crafted and balanced. I think it will age wonderfully. :thumbup: :wave2:

I attempted a "Maiden's Blush" from a book (not the CocktailDB version), which calls for gin, absinthe, and grenadine. Totally undrinkable. A dash of simple syrup and Maraschino later, it's at least approachable. Oof.

Yeah, I saw the photo of one, and it looked and sounded cool, but I had the same experience. The one I made was a brute of of a drink as well. Only by adding soda water was I able to finish off.

Last evening was enjoyable all around. A great bold new absinthe to try and good company to have it with. I should do that more often!