DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Doc, I've got some great demerara rum... but no ginger beer. Eek!

I'm getting set for a nice long night of cocktails at home. Not alone, mind you. I have all you fine friends to keep me company and drink with.

(Best part about being in the WS? You never have to drink alone again!)

I say the same thing when people say, "You sit home and drink ALONE?"

Alternating port and tea this evening.

I learned years ago to only hang out with other drinkers. I never have to deal with those questions. All my friends do the same. ;)

Tonight turned into a scotch night.

The Macallen 15 Fine Oak.

Glenmorangie 12, Sherry finished.

Laphroaig 15 (cause I'm a man's man!, Luscious Oily Lesbians!).

Had some friends over for a wonderful boeuf bourguignon dinner (thanks to JustKate). I started off with an HG which is surprising me (in a good way) with the way it's aging. Then a bottle of Rive Della Chiesa Prosecco, then a Luigi Bosca Riserva Malbec, and finally a Tefft Cellars Starboard Port (huckleberry-grape wine with grape neutral spirits added). Yum.

One word: Pacifique.

133hrfYudkizkb61sRil7bXso1_400.jpg

Give me a glass or two before I chime in on Absomphe's excellent description. In short, this is one masterful beverage, and at the price, I anticipate that the Vieux Pontarlier is going to lose its place as my daily drinker... assuming Zman can keep it in stock in an accessible location for me!

There are a couple o' things that I'm-a-slow louchin', that I've been wantin' to slow louche for quite some time now.

With full respect to man that coined the phrase™, I'm enthusiastically happy to say that I am a Marteau, Pacifique, and Belle Amie(2) slow louching bastard tonight.

Pacifique Pics-

picture028e.th.jpg

Looks just a touch greener in the photos than in person.

picture035.th.jpg

picture044.th.jpg

picture050g.th.jpg

"What difference is there between a glass of absinthe and a sunset?"

picture053.th.jpg

The afternoon louche was quite well lit, more than normal- but I don't recall seeing an absinthe louche roiling clouds from the bottom of the glass and fog bank before.

picture054p.th.jpg

I hate the new label.

My idea of heaven is a place where that's the biggest critcism of all the absinthes available.

One word: Pacifique.

133hrfYudkizkb61sRil7bXso1_400.jpg

In short, this is one masterful beverage...

And after resting for only a day after our trip back up to East Bumfuck from Woodinville, it's even more remarkably unified in flavor, the louche and mouthfeel seem a tad thicker, and it's just even tastier than it was yesterday. :dribble:

Some VC during dinner prep. and the anticipation of severe winter weather (for these parts).

Started with a Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout, then apple juice, and finishing off the night with Fougerolles.

Whew! Drank a couple Last Word cocktails and a Sidecar then took a break. Now I'm sipping some Armagnac and pondering the pillow.

I thought I was done awhile back but things happen. Cheers!

No absinthe tonight................need rest! *smile*

A couple pale ales, then the very last of a bottle of Lucid found at the bar at Dinosaur BBQ. On the house, no less.