DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Was that you? Sorry Larspeart! I thought I remembered reading it in a Portland media article when Marteau Belle Epoque was first launched. Either way, it's was a good idea! The particular flavors in the base and upper spicey range of Marteau BE merge well with, and are nicely enhanced by the coffee-cherry-flower-cocoa of the Lux.

I used about 1/4 oz. to top off after the louche and stirred a little. I put a bit more in after the glass was half full, but I think 1/4 oz. was just about the right amount for me.

At our favorite watering hole, I wanted an Obituary Cocktail but the best absinthe wasn't absinthe but Absent. Bother. We settled for Hendricks martinis and burgers. Not bad but I ate too much. Settling in with a large glass of club soda and Peychaud's.

Gin and tonic.

Or Geon aund tonniex

or Jian er tineiux

(per the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, all cultures, on every planet, have a drink with a name and basic taste of the gin and tonic)

Had a lovely dinner with friends, where I enjoyed a Georgia Gin & Juice (Aviation Gin, Peach puree, lemon juice).

When I got home, I wrested the wax off the top of my new bottle of Belle Amie 2, and louched up my first glass. I found her sweet and lovely on her own, it's totally unnecessary to add sugar. Then a short dose of Roquette, so that I could empty a sample bottle to send the BA2 to a friend.

A pretty good evening. G'nite, all!

A Sazerac.

Also, does anyone else type out responses to threads only to end up never posting said response. I do this a lot. Am I the only one? Is this normal forum activity?

Uhhhhhhhh.... <slowly backs away>

Just joking! Never done that myself, but I have occasionally taken waaaaayy too long typing my responses up (wordsmithing, etc.).

Only after I count to ten, and realize that I'm being too sarcastically cutting to someone, even if I do feel that said person might deserve it. :devil:

I tried a Martinez last night, as I work my way around the cocktail recipes on drinkboy's site. It was ok, but for me, that's too much on the vermouth side and not enough gin. Glad I tried it, but I probably won't be returning to that one.

Had an eating out with my cousin-we have eaten some shoarma, had some Crisol red wine (750ml per two), and creme brulee as dessert-yummy stuff, and went to the movies, before the movies I have eaten one Tatra beer with my neighbour and after the movies-another. Now as I am back home I have had L'Artisanale, Wanner, one Berger clone and I am about to have 2 other absinthes (one Nimes, one something other) and shall top it off with BPF-if it is some left :thumbup:

Nice review! Smells a lot sweeter than it tastes, doesn't it? It changes rapidly once it has some time to breathe in your glass, but when you sniff it out of the bottle, it's like a glazed calibre of sweetness. Referring to the background notes as a "memory" is a nice touch. Well written.

I'm having some oolong tea. No sugar. :)

It's 1 AM, so technically it's my birthday right now...

A glass of Pacifique. It's a lovely drink. Very wormwoody with a nice aroma of hyssop in the nose, a nice subtle spiciness in the finish, and a flavor of lemon balm that lingers well after you've had a sip. It's a very clean drink. I approve.

Nice review! Smells a lot sweeter than it tastes, doesn't it? It changes rapidly once it has some time to breathe in your glass, but when you sniff it out of the bottle, it's like a glazed calibre of sweetness. Referring to the background notes as a "memory" is a nice touch. Well written.

I'm having some oolong tea. No sugar. :)

It's 1 AM, so technically it's my birthday right now...

Thanks, and yeah, it's a really strange one. I'm fairly sure sugar is too much with it. But over the course of louching to sipping to warming the taste changes drastically. I like it, I just don't understand it yet!

And because it's so freaking good, I had to pour myself a glass of Vieux Pontarlier... well, I'm sure I'll have another after this one. I limit myself to one green hour a week so it tends to get a little out of hand! I mean, I gotta have another Obsello just to make sure it still tastes like newly sprouted grass after a rain of morning dew and sugar water...

See what I mean?

*EDIT* Now I'm on a mix of Lucid and Pernod... I know, barf... but now that I've had VP and Obsello I can't even stomach those other two on their own. I'm rapidly becoming an absinthe snob, or at least becoming more particular. I'm not sure which is worse!

Happy Birthday, Ben! :cheers:

What's this? It's not on the WS calendar! How are we supposed to remember b'day's if it's not on the frickin' calendar!

Yesterday? Dang. A belated Happy Birthday, Ben. :happybday: