DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

More artisanal tonight.

It sure can be nice when unsolicited packages arrive on the doorstep.

A couple of vertes and a couple of blanches.

Nice.

Quite wasted on Clandestine...

... and VdF...

... and Lemercier 72 Amer ...

... That is all.

:drunk:

Cut your own hair, Sand?

Before, during, or after the whiskey?

Pictures? Especially the "mostly" ones...

Well, giving the absinthe bottles a break tonight. Drinking Cascade Mountain Gin on the rocks. I'm not a gin connoiseur, but like this stuff, Sarticious, and Tanqueray No. 10. Have yet to try the Hendrick's (a friend is a big fan and I seem to recall a post or two here extolling it's unusual virtues).

Cascade Mtn. Gin

Well add this voice to those praising Hendrick's Gin (rose petals? Cucumber? YUM!)

My top 4 gins are Hendrick's, Plymouth, Bokers, Junipero.

If I have none of those beautys I will not drink a gin beverage.

I'm just glad today is Friday.

Anyone ever tried Bols Genever (Dutch) Gin?

When I first tried it I was not impressed. By the time I finished the bottle I was hooked, but they no longer carry it at the One Stop, or any where else around here.

Hendrix gin is very nice....Very Nice!!

Unfortunately, I will be drinking beer tonight, but the hockey game going on in front of me might help!!

I had 4 beers last night at Yankees stadium as I watched them whoop the Devil Rays. It was fun even though I'm not that big of a Yankees fan.

1 extra large Fosters and 3 Bud Selects. It was smart of Budweiser to release the Bud select, because you're expecting something horrible given how awful Budweiser is, and then you taste something that is merely bad instead of horrible and you end up feeling satisfied.

That was the first time in several months I'd had any alcohol other than absinthe (aside from wine with dinner). I had gotten used to the Absinthe drunk, where you're smashed but lucid and not sloppy. After 4 beers last night I was wobbly, sloppy and rather annoyed with myself. Now I have a headache and upset stomach even though I drank lots of water. Getting drunk on beer sucks. I've found a lifelong friend in Absinthe, it puts most other alcoholic beverages to shame.

Odd that. Maggie and I have two Delirium Tremens in the frig untouched for a week. We opened a very nice bottle of wine three nights ago and have yet to polish it off. Absinthe is very much what we look forward to and strangely enough, I think we drink much less now.

:cheers: , indeed.