DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I had a nice pint of Alaskan Smoked Porter on draught at the Falling Rock Tap House here in Denver. Really enjoyed it. Followed with a Pomme Lambic, a Frambroise Lambic, a Stone IPA, and an Avery's IPA.

On to dinner where I had a lovely Dark & Stormy made with my dark Rum, and a Blackberry Whiskey sour, made with, you guessed it, my Whiskey.

Todd gotz'd krunked. :twitchsmile:

Heh. You'd think so, wouldn't you?

That was over a 7 hour period, and I'm built a little like a mountain gorilla....and the German blood doesn't help much, either. I'm most certainly not a cheap date.

Duchesse De Bourgogne.

Obviously a lower strength version of what Deschutes was trying to achieve with The Dissident... a classic Flanders woodaged sour ale. It's more sour the Deschutes experiment, and also more authentic tasting. There's a sour cherry overlay, and a complex spicy underpinning, along with a a very full and creamy body.

The one drawback, to me, is a very subtle, but noticeable vegtal thing going on (somewhat like overcooked spinach). Overall, quite enjoyable, however.

Malacca.

Blippin booty burpin mmetee frookin sooner plettin gawzer.

tonight is Lucid, its all they had at my neighborhood liquor store.. I guess its time to mail order... providing I can get the apartment rental office to sign for it... I work for the state now.. they won't accept liquor shipments for me!

Perhaps Mr Stone should visit Santa Fe and show them what is available ;-)

Oooh! I like Santa Fe. Good to see you again fée époussetée.

As for drinking tonight, I've just started with some Liqueur de Genepi from LdF. There needs to be some comparison.

Cheers!

Cheap Red Wine given to me by a friend as a joke. I've been kinda puny lately and haven't been out but finally felt like a glass of wine would help me out. Cheap Red Wine was all I had other than hard stuff. It lives up to its name.

There is a very warm spot in my heart for Cheap Red Wine. I respect it. I love the label. And my girlfriend and I love getting drunk on it while stopped for the night in roadside motels on various random road trips in the U.S.

I LOVE drinking Cheap Red Wine while reading Peter Mayle.

Good gosh, I may be getting to the age where I prefer a good travel book & a drink to actually going there. Yipes!

I took the tour at SakéOne, in Forest Grove, Oregon today. They have a very interesting production process, with essentially a double-fermentation step (koji to convert the starches, then yeast to convert the alcohol). They have some pleasant sakés, but I just don't think it's for me.

Then dinner, a movie, and a glass of Duplais Verte US. A good day!

Interesting, we had a Japanese-influenced Christmas dinner this year, and I had picked up a few bottles from SakeOne's "Momokawa" range, more as a novelty than anything. I enjoyed them enough, the sweet/cloudy "Pearl" more than the Silver or Ruby, but I'm with you Ken, it's just not my drink.

Starting the evening watching the tornado action and sipping a 40.

I'm sure it'll get better or far worse after awhile. *wink*

Cheers!

That's a popular beverage mix. In Austria, they're called "radlers". The kids who go off to study in Salzburg get a taste for them when they come back to Portland. It's a cheaper way to drink, that's for sure!

Calimochos are awesome. :twitchsmile:

A friend of mine told me about a similar drink in Germany, called "Diesel", coke and beer, which also sounds strangely intriguing.

A bijou with the last of my bottle of Aviation gin. That was some good gin.

That Calimocho sounds worth a try. I had Lillet rouge on the rocks for the first time the other evening, that was the first thing that came to mind when I was reading the Calimocho article on wikipedia ...

My son was recently in Mexico and he said the primary drink at the resort they were at was 1/2 cheap beer and 1/2 lemonade.

Tis a Shandy in Ireland. Wonderful hair of the dog on a Sunday morning after a long night of post-rugby drinking. Goes very nicely with a hearty Irish breakfast. We used Kilkenny or Carlsberg and Schweppes Lemon.

That Calimocho sounds worth a try.

I recommend a dry spanish table red and regular diet coke. Use diet, and the bitterness gets a bit acrid. 1:1 is the typical starting ratio, but I tend to go more with 2 parts wine to 1 part coke because I'm not very into overly sweet drinks. We used to start every session with Calimochos while we were living in Madrid. All of the Alimentaciones used to sell Calimocho specials. 2 liters of coke and 2 bottles of wine for the equivalent of about $3.

For hotter days, the 'tinto de verano' was even better. Basically just red wine cut with either still or carbonated water, depending on your mood. One summer, it didn't drop below 100 degrees for about 6 weeks straight. Even in the evenings. LOTS of tintos then.

Tanqueray 10. Wanted to talk to a member on here who called me while I was still at work. Nice to be working again but my French boss is a bear. Unrealistic and very impatient. Very, very impatient.

Anyway, sorry we couldn't chat. Will catch up with you later in the week, friend!

OMG, tornadic activity? I'm a weather geek and have always wanted to see one, from afar, that isn't recking havoc on anyone or anything. I guess that'd be a water spout.

The tornado is just a little different from a water spout I reckon. It's wet but it will tear up shit like you only see on TV. We have pretty good warning sirens around here and they probably went off 8 to 10 times before I left the office. It's a helpless feeling when they're about. Our best bet is to get underground. Ours may have made the national news tonight but I don't watch much TV. If you want to come play, I'll buy the drinks. It isn't an earthquake or avalanche but it's some dangerously random activity.

When you watch them on TV, you're probably setting in your chair. When we watch them we may be on the roof. We just ain't right. Tornado in February.........not normal. *wink*

Cheers!