DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Tabu Strong 73. I have to drink my stash so I can justify ordering more( ordered a year and a half ago in the dark ages). A nice greenish brown neat. Louched, a wonderful rotten egg nog yellowish something. The taste is just simply....uuhhhh...

I would not wish it even on Shinsain.

Archive it and replace it.

Then when you be older and greyer, you can pull it out and tell all the horror stories about the rebirth of Absinthe and the birth of absinth.

I would not wish it even on Shinsain.

Makes me think of those old Life cereal commercials. To paraphrase:

"Give it to Shinsain, he'll drink anything!"

(With a wink and a nod, Shinsain).

All MasterCard ads aside.

Today I come home from work. Beautiful, sunny,72F day.

Six glasses of finely crafted artisanal Absinthe (Thank You), 1 Gurkha Grand Master, a Rib Eye Steak with trimmings and all that comes with a perfect Spring Day.

It is truly priceless.

A couple of glasses of some crappy jug wine. I think I'll use it for cooking from here on. What can I say? The jugs make good carboys.

Last night, I sampled my blueberry melomel and my orange mead. I think with a little age, the blueberry might be on par with this jug wine.

All MasterCard ads aside. 

Today I come home from work. Beautiful, sunny,72F day. 

Six glasses of finely crafted artisanal Absinthe (Thank You), 1 Gurkha Grand Master, a Rib Eye Steak with trimmings and all that comes with a perfect Spring Day. 

It is truly priceless.

Six glasses!

You are the man ;)

Does anyone know if the Ike Verte possibly has a little sugar added? It seems sweetended a little, both when tasting neat as well as louched.

I do detect a distinct, sweet note in it, but that's fennel sweet, not sugar sweet.

I tried it unsugared last night, and I must say that I prefer it that way. The Ike is definitely one where sugar masks rather than enhances flavour, at least when it hits a palate with my genetic code.

The Gurkha is ash.

I've been liking these for a while now. Smooth and light for a foot long stogie.

Hardest part is coming up with enough time to enjoy it.

However, I did yesterday!

Elysian's Pumpkin Ale runs rings around Buffalo Bill's.

Still have some of that left, too.

Got the Buffalo Bills on a really good sale, and it's a good beer. Not spectacular, but a nice every-day sort of thing.

The Gurkha is ash.

I've been liking these for a while now. Smooth and light for a foot long stogie.

Hardest part is coming up with enough time to enjoy it.

However, I did yesterday!

My favorite cigars are the Jose La Piedra Cazadores, an affordable Cuban. They really seem to compliment the taste of absinthe.

Ike and Edouard for the heure verte des montaines cest soir. Now I have to try to walk to Famous Dave's BarBQue. I hope I don't fall down. I can't even type.

:drunk:

third glass of CLB, then I accidentally placed the electric kettle on the stove and turned the flame on high, God it smells awful!

Guess I'm cut off.

Drinking Liefmans tonight. I'm a big fan, but I really wish the range of sour ale wasn't so limited around here... Oh well.

Leaving for Paris tomorrow...can't wait to visit Vert d'Absinthe! Hope everybody has a great week!

Cheap red vermouth on the rocks. Surprisingly good. "Ponti" is the brand. From Italy. Kinda funny that name, because the Roman wormwood (Artemisia pontica) flavor very strong in this. Did I mention cheap? $3.99 for a full liter at Trader Joe's.

Actually, I saw the Thirsty Traveler epsiode on Vermouth a while back and noted that they indicated sweet reds were good for sipping. I hit the store and could not get over how cheap it was. Got scared and backed off. What are some other good brands to look for?

Tonight, Maggie and I toasted Hiram for the safe delivery of our new glasses.

We'll start with the Jade Edouard and see if something else special tickles our fancy. :cheers: