DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Ike Verte (I love this stuff)

CLB/Ike Blanche blended

Does anyone know if the Ike Verte possibly has a little sugar added? It seems sweetended a little, both when tasting neat as well as louched. Not complaining, it's actually perfect for my taste.

Ahh, the Ike, that's my next order, for sure.

Does it compare to the Montmartre at all?

Tonight, its mixing shit with the shit. Trying (unsuccessfully) to make the Montania des Alpes more palatable. And I've got the Lamercier as a decent backup.

I wouldn't put them in the same category as far as sheer taste goes, but both are excpetionally made. This might help.

For me, the Monty is just too funky to be a session drink. The Ike on the other hand, I would consume exclusively, with the exception of say the CLB. At least that's what my monkey tells me.

The Monmartre sucks.

The Ike doesn't

You're a hard guy to please.

Well that's one way pf putting it.

Apparently.

At any rate, I like the Monty very much. It has a very specific taste, but is one of my favorites nonetheless. Having not had the cash to taste any vintage, it stands as my bread winner for now.

The Monmartre sucks.

The Ike doesn't

We all know where you stand on the cinnamon issue, Lord God.

That aside, however, I think the Montmartre might actually be the cleaner tasting of the two, having just done a side-by-side comparison...maybe two different wormwoods were used, because the Monty tastes fruitier, and doesn't have that waxy taste.

I'd still like to see Roman tackle a more traditional absinthe, but I 'm sure it ain't gonna happen.

Started off the evening with a Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse, and now I've moved onto the Hoegaarden witbier. I'll probably finish the night with a Hacker-Pschorr.

I started off my evening with a couple of Flathead Lake Brown Ales. It's a new offering from a relatively new microbrewer which isn't bad but a little lean in the Fuggles. I should have had a couple more as Maggie and I sat through two hours of a train-wreck play featuring a couple of dear friends.

Dying on stage can be a lot of fun or very bad. This was very bad.

Prior to the show, I grabbed a bottle of Henri Bardouin and a '02 Ridge Geyserville. I am passing on the absinthe tonight just because a deep sleep sounds so delicious and absinthe sometimes disrupts my sleep. The pastis is serving me well this evening.

Beautiful day in Cow's Bell. Sunshine. High in the 70s.

Chinaco anejo neat. X2.

Crappy Theatre.

Henri Bardouin. Makes me think of liquid candy.

Has anyone tried AsomBroso? Impressions? I feel like their website is trying to sell me a image as opposed to a beverage but the products seem interesting. I enjoy a clean tequila. Or am I better off sticking with my Reserva De La Familia?

Above is what happens after a long day culminating in a night of bad theatre. I steal T73's identity to make a friggin post. By his own admission, "T73 wouldn't know good tequila from grape Nehi".

I see a beverage in my future and tequila it is.

At any rate, I like the Monty very much. It has a very specific taste, but is one of my favorites nonetheless.
Bet you'll like the Ike.

Speaking of like....I liked your new avatar before it disappeared. Where'd it go?

At any rate, I like the Monty very much. It has a very specific taste, but is one of my favorites nonetheless.
Bet you'll like the Ike.

Speaking of like....I liked your new avatar before it disappeared. Where'd it go?

It didn't go anywhere....or have I been drinking too much today??

Thanks though, I mean, thanks. I mean, its still there, what the hell are you talking about???

:laf:

Tonight, as last evening...

Trying to drain the BS Montania des Alpes (if I dilute it, I can choke it down), and working on becoming more acquainted with the Lamercier 72.

It didn't go anywhere....or have I been drinking too much today??
That's weird. Your avatar isn't showing up in my browser, and neither is Stroller's.

Great. Just what we need around here: Vampires.

Unibroue 15, which was really a let down, and definitely the weakest of their anniversary offerings, followed by a really nice East Bumfuckian oak aged mead.

Finished witha Monty again, cuz it's a perfect dessert.

Moved next door to from Brewery for dinner & had a couple of bottles of Foxen Syrah (with friends). I'm home now & I just corked a Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow.

Been visiting my dad. Nice glass of NO before dinner last night. Then on to Chimay blue, and finally Segrams and water while watching old war movies with him.

Tonight is just one glass of hefe and off to bed.

(I wish I had some Samichlaus!)

Mmmmm, Samiclaus. I have two bottles of the 2003 in the cellar right now; and am trying very hard to make sure they stay there for at least another couple years. I should pick up more. Soon.

This weekend was mostly Barenjager and Buffalo Bill's Brewery Pumkpin Ale. A little past the season for pumpkin ales, I know; but this one is a little lighter than most, with a nice smoky finish. Also, assorted random cocktails while out at the club.