DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Well, no sense of adventure. I'm sure you could find something from the following list that would really excite your audiences.

Surely you'd like to adapt the Royal Shakespeare Company's version of Carrie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre...f-all-time.html

Here, Emerson College has done it and has videos to prove it... Better than the RSC. You could be too...

http://www.youtube.com/user/shanedoll30

:wave2:

Doin' a little Saz-perimentation tonight! ...I'm paying homage to the original cocktail by mixing 1 oz. of cognac (Chalfonte VSOP) with 1 oz. of rye (Old Overholt is my preferred).

And I thought I was getting to bed on time tonight. Damn you!... where's that VSOP?

Face it: we're slaves to our avocation. So whadja think of the "half n' half" saz?

Tonight: I think I am headed to Zig Zags after work to try Marteau for the first time. But the Can Can food menu is pretty enticing as well.

Either way I get to try Marteau tonight.

EDIT: Finally decided, The Can Can, burlesque dancers sway the balance.

Edited by cwlovell13

I started with a gin and tonic with R&W Creme de Violette. Now I'm having a Buffalo Trace and Coke with Fee Bros Barrel Aged Bitters. :cheers: I'm sure some wine will be in store for me tonight as the Mrs. and I head out to a friend's house for some good company. Good wishes to all of you folks for a relaxing and rewarding end to the work week. :wave2:

As mentioned in another thread -- Kübler. It's not very good...just like I remembered it to be. I had the wife buy it anyway. Funny how this once stood as my favorite blanche when I was new to the world of absinthe.

Anyway, I'm 4 deep with a bottle of Castle Rock pinot noir under my belt as well to go along with my pizza. I'm sure I've got another Kübler or 3 coming before calling it a night...and I won't feel guilty drinking this much of it as it's not a prized absinthe that should be savored...rather one that should be guzzled.

Good evening <-- spoken in the best fake-ass Vlad the Dracul accent I can muster, at this point...

Face it: we're slaves to our avocation. So whadja think of the "half n' half" saz?

Very nice. Did it with unrefined brown sugar cube, splash of seltzer, 5 dashes Peychaud's, 1 Dash Angostura, 1.25 oz each of (your choice) Overholt, and A. Hardy VSOP Cognac, and Eddy. Of course, the obligatory twist.

You don't know what it took for me to put Eddy in the Overholt! It's not my personal fave, but the Cognac certainly forces up the quality. And yet, the rye keeps it a little better focused than all Cognac... at least from what I remember. Damn again, that calls for another experiment!

Well, shit. Eh?!! Eh!!!!

This is my 100th post. This brings me up a level!

I'm waving at Absomphe. Come on, man...here's to me!

Started out with a bomber of Don de Dieu. Now on to a glass of Bourbon Barrel Barley wine.

Tomorrow is the company Christmas Party. Lots of food, and a cash bar (Bleh).

I need to get the engine back in the Prizm as I have a two day window of temps near 50F.

Then after I get it running, I can start tearing down the Sportster.

Hey Gimp!

Where in NE TN are you? I just spent some time in the Gatlinburg/ Noxville area. It sure is beautiful in the Smokies!

Oh yeah, I'm drinking a glass of Lucid!?!

Meh...

OK

From what I can tell from the Google map, it looks like a nice area. I really like that part of TN!

Had the university Christmas party tonight, with a few glasses of Vino Rosso by Ca'Bella (Willamette Valley, Oregon). Then went out for post-soiree cocktails with the bride and a priest friend, to Mint/820 (a fairly famous bar in Portland).

I asked for a Sazerac, which was not on the cocktail menu, and it was friggin' delightful. Not sure which Rye or even which Absinthe they used, but it was orange-y and lovely.

And now, back at home, I louched up a glass of Marteau in anticipation of the House Spirits Booze Bazaar on Saturday afternoon. Lookin' forward to the party!

EDIT: After the Marteau, I louched up a glass of an unidentified Absinthe that I received in trade for the Trillium first release. It was tasty, if unidentified...

Did it with unrefined brown sugar cube, splash of seltzer, 5 dashes Peychaud's, 1 Dash Angostura, 1.25 oz each of (your choice) Overholt, and A. Hardy VSOP Cognac, and Eddy. Of course, the obligatory twist.

Oooh, seltzer--never thought of that. I'll have to try it!

You don't know what it took for me to put Eddy in the Overholt! It's not my personal fave, but the Cognac certainly forces up the quality. And yet, the rye keeps it a little better focused than all Cognac...

I was surprised by my preference for OO as well! I've tried the Baby Saz, Rittenhouse, and the Overholt in these half n' half Sazzes and like the Overholt the best. Not sure why, since I would choose either of the other two ryes over OO to drink neat. There's something about the way that OO blends with the cognac that I find very beguiling--that sort of smooth spiciness.

And, by the way, if it pains you too much to use the Eddy, I often use Lucid instead. As others have said, Lucid is essentially Eddy Lite. The flavor profile and aroma is very similar, though Eddy is far more complex. But that doesn't matter much when it's just serving as a rinse in a cocktail.

Now when I finally get my hands on the Marteau, I may have to rethink my entire approach. Can't wait! :cheers:

I always start with the cube, bitters and the seltzer splash, because it helps dissolve the sugar faster. I make sure the sugar is completely dissolved before adding the rye.

My favorite "go to" absinthe for these is Duplais. It's herbal and has enough anise, great balance, and it isn't shy. And it's affordable. Kind of like the Promethee in these things lately, too.

My favorite "go to" absinthe for these is Duplais. It's herbal and has enough anise, great balance, and it isn't shy. And it's affordable. Kind of like the Promethee in these things lately, too.

Duplais has been on my top 3 list of commercials absinthes for a couple years...and I've tasted few. Have you had the EU version and the US version? I've been meaning to order the new 68% US version for a while...at least long as DUNY has had it on pre-order.

Anyway, great stuff. Definitely pleases my particular palate pleasure pots.

I shared a decent amount of VdF with some friends tonight. By golly some of them claimed it as their favorite as well. :laugh:

Duplais has been on my top 3 list of commercials absinthes for a couple years...and I've tasted few. Have you had the EU version and the US version?

Only the US version. I may order the EU version next LdF order just to see if anything other than the ABV is different.

Just looking at this makes me realize it sounds just a little l,m,n,o,p!

Edouard, the last dose from a well aged bottle. While watching Fanny and Alexander. Again!

I can't wait to do it again next year. :twitchsmile:

Just sitting back and sipping some hot green tea with a large splash of absinthe. Doing a little light reading and relaxing till Precious tells me what to do next. *wink*

A nice rioja. The label claims it's full-bodied, but I disagree. It's tanic, but it's far from full-bodied. I find it light and refreshing. Apparently my idea of full-bodied is a wine one can chew.

Yesterday was a banner beer night at Big Wood Festival at Brouwers Cafe in Seattle.

Multiple servings of Flyers Oak Aged Laphroaig Imperial Scotch Ale, which is, withoput doubt, the finest example of thestyle I've ever tasted, and a world class masterpiece. After that, the Cascade Mouton Rouge was nice, but seemed to lack a little zest, so I finished off with a couple of incredible Deviations.

Today, since I have no variety of Hair of the Dog (and I'll almost certainly never get to try their amazing ((or so I've heard)) Dave), I'm consoling myself with some Mikkeller Black Stout at a relatively subdued 17.5% abv. :twitchsmile: