DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The cold Mountain has some nice vanilla in it this year, and I like that it is cheaper (by volume) to buy it in a flip top 1 liter than a bomber. The Anchor has some fruit taste that is kind of in the way.
I don't however, like the fact they they toned down the overall spice profile compared to past years. You must be getting a better price on the growlers than I. Down here the 22oz bomber is $6 and the 32oz growler is $10. It's already sold out in all the stores around here. Took one week. Waiting on the Flying Saucer to get it on tap. Should be next week.

Plenty still here, $6.99 bomber & $9.99 liter(I think I buy the same flip-top bottle at my LHBS for $3.99)

Tonight: Green Flash Hop Head Red & Le Freak

My rep was sullied years ago. I blame ShaiHulud for announcing he and I were true absinthe (I believe the word was) sluts. I didn't deny it, of course but only because I did and still do hold ShaiHulud in great esteem.

I don't think we are the only two such members on this Forum.

Ayoung, yet remarkably mature Edouard clone, featuring a fruity Andulusian anise, a fruity Florence fennel, and a very fruity wormwood.

Triple fruity is where it's at, and this is the most amazingly vibrant absinthe I've ever had the pleasure to sip, and savor.

At a moment like this, I happily thank Goddess that absinthe is sooooo gay fruity! :yahoo: :b-day:

Having a CLB to celebrate finally being able to get it here, in Canada. :cheers:

Yes sir, motherfucker. I'm having the last of my older CLB bottle, the ones I ordered are still on their way. I'm also finishing off some Taboo. Its a good night in Canada tonight.

Incidentally, its snowing here in Toronto. I wish I owned a house so that I could drink outside tonight.

A glass of absinthe before dinner.

A classic martini after dinner. ("Goodbye, old friend" he said to the dead soldier.)

Another martini with Fee Bro.s Peach Bitters. Damn! Tasty!

Alaskan Smoked Porter 2008.

Still so much smoke, I swear I can taste the salmon from "next door".

Sounds fishy.

That's okay be me, I've had my wings for a buncha decades. :devil:

Invented a new cocktail tonight.

2 1/2 oz Sazerac 6 year rye

5 dashes Peychaud's bitters

1 dash Angostura bitters

1 unrefined brown sugar cube

splash of seltzer

add rocks and stir when sugar is dissolved, then strain into absinthe rinsed rocks glass, using

rinse of Absinthe Promethee

twist of good sized lemon peel

I call it the Sazerock!