DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hopefully, they'll do a collaborative reprise, and also make a bottled version available, otherwise, they're Kompleat Dumasses™.

Email my friend larry@ommegang.com he's the marketing director.

Tell them the absinthe distiller in Walton sent you.

btw, the email is publicly available on their web site.

Just finished a nice but novice HG from VA. Before that was a nice #1 verte from up north, still liking the lemony goodness! Beer has been: Terripin Indian Brown Ale, Regenboog Guido, Smuttynose Old Dog Brown Ake(sorry mumbler, kind of forgetable), Smuttynose IPA, , gingered saison, and now, scots belgique.

Hopefully, they'll do a collaborative reprise, and also make a bottled version available, otherwise, they're Kompleat Dumasses™.

Email my friend larry@ommegang.com he's the marketing director.

Tell them the absinthe distiller in Walton sent you.

btw, the email is publicly available on their web site.

Wouldn't it be nice to get a specialty bottling for friends? Even better a gift pack of NY belgian style ale, and franco/suisse style absinthe?!?

Finished off my liter of New Amsterdam gin. 3/4 gin and 1/4 tonic. Sweet and refreshing.

I needed the bottle for another operation. B)

:cheers: Ya'll :wave2:

G'night.

Smuttynose Old Dog Brown Ake(sorry mumbler, kind of forgetable
Browns by nature usually are, no? And among that company, even more so, methinks.

Agreed.

Oak Barrel Stout from Dominion in VA. There's a lot going for this beer--good vanilla (no doubt from the vanilla in the fermentation) smooth finish, but the char on the oak is right there. I don't have the best palate in the world, so when I can distinguish something like wood in a drink, it's got to be out of balance. I think it would settle given a year or two, but the abv is relatively low and there's no year on the bottle, so I don't think it's meant for cellaring. Which is a shame. I mean, the wood's still in my mouth and I finished my sip five minutes ago.

Ah yes, and an Alpha King from Three Floyds. Some friends sent that and a sixer of Oberon to me...and while I like the King, the Oberon, without question, made my day that day. I may break my self-imposed two-beer limit and have one with dinner.

I dig Xtabentun!

I wish it was available around here, too.

Tonight, a couple of Whiskey Sours before dinner. Maggie is sipping on cognac and testing a little Orange Bitters Ice Cream I just made.

Long day tomorrow and it starts early, so the alky-hawl stays in the cabinet.

I don't mind though, because I have a nice cold Blenheim Ginger Ale in front of me.

This stuff is not for the faint of heart!

Plymouth gin and tonic. I think I prefer other gins to use with tonic water.

No more Plymouth shall be wasted in such fashion. On to the Martini!

:cheers:

I dig Xtabentun!

I wish it was available around here, too.

I brought back two full liter bottles, and we're going at it pretty slowly, so it should last a while. But I've already been looking ahead to when it's gone -- Argonaut Liquor in Denver carries it :thumbup:

De Proefbrouwerij Zoetzuur Flemish Ale

If you can find it, try the Les Deux Brasseurs, a collaborative effort with Allagash using two strains of Brett. :thumbup:

Bols, vintage JW, Bowmore 10 yrs and A'Yahos Besançon*... just the prelude.

*If current "absinthes" that are on the shelves in America were at least half as good as this, then la fee verte est certeinement arrivee aux Etats Unis, the reality is not so, sadly. Still, there is hope. But, coming slowly.

Bogs is just too much of an absinthe snob to live in the US. I'm fairly confident that in the next few months, we'll have several absinthes that are on par with what people can obtain commercially in Europe.

Cuz, ya know, any HG will always be better than all COs. :twitchsmile:

Shit. Boggsy, I totally forgot to send you my list. Sorry. I've been so busy lately, it just slipped my mind. I'll try to get it to you this weekend.

Oh, no problem-will be waiting, was busy myself with several job-aspects. Snobbery has enriched my list even further. So, ain't it the time to louche something even more snobbish? :cheers: