DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Sipping a glass of Leopold verte #11. I finally got a bottle, thanks to a friend in Colorado! :cheers:

Yes, I still live, though currently out of absinthe, but have some good beer tonight... some North Coast Brewery Old Stock Ale at a lovely 12.5% and some Ommegang.....

Always a treat DesertWolf! Stick around awhile and drop by more often.

I'm sipping New Amsterdam and tonic this evening. Very refreshing!

:cheers: Ya'll

Courvoisier; warmed in a snifter

Old Fashioned

Irish Whiskey

Absinthe; blanche

Plymouth Martini

And a haunted hayride to boot. Ain't life grand? :cheers:

:cheers:

OK let's get the party started..What is on your drink menu for tonight?

I am starting out with a glass of Arak, next will be a glass of La Valote Fornoni, followed by one of the La Valote Martin, after that.....well we will see how it goes :P

Hi Desert Wolf! Relative newbian here, saying hi :wave2: . Thanks for starting this thread over 2 and half years ago. It's a good 'un!

Drinking some more Obsello tonight. Yummy, but it's so light, it seems to be going a little too fast! I love how there's that honey/plum in the nose, yet a nice bit o' herby at the same time...and the sweet vanilla in the finish alongside the more expected (but mild) verte style spice.

Hi Green Baron, glad you are enjoying the thread, has been an interesting ride :)

Thats the problem with good drink always go down too easy

Round 2 of Haunted Halloween Hay Ride! Ooooooo, scary! After 2 1/2 hours of being a ghostly monk and snatching lovely girls (our theatre plants) off the trailer, I'm whipped. I just washed down a handful of aspirin with big swig of Eagle Rare. It'll do just fine.

We picked up a bottle of New Amsterdam today but haven't cracked it. Yet.

So far for SoCal Mini VI, we had drank, drunk, and imbibed:

CLB

VDF

Montmartre

Mansinthe

Obsello

Marteau de Cerveau

Ridge Verte

Ike

NO

Alyssa Dyane homemade mead

some madeira, my dear

st. germain

benadictine

brut de alembic essai #2

and a whole bottle of perrier jouet champagne with our fabulous dinner at Marmalade (thanks Molly)

and that's it for starters. Molly and I are still going.

Nice list! :cheers:

Um, started with some of that absinthe stuff. That was nice.

Over dinner, Maggie and I tried the New Amsterdam gin in a traditional martini. Surprisingly good but very fruity. Someone with greater skills than I could tweak this into a very interesting martini. You can't complain about the price. Dinner also sported a disjointed conversation with OMG_Bill; I was grilling Ahi while he was driving to dinner with his 2 year old grandson. My God! Men cannot multitask! I almost choked on a chopstick.

Winding down with another shot at Eagle Rare. This is pretty good bourbon although I think I prefer Buffalo Trace for a day-to-day bourbon. I'm not complaining. This is good.

Founders Breakfast Stout for breakfast. Did some beer shopping and now drinking Samuel Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner, Founders Reds Rye, Harvest Ale, Dry Hopped Pale Ale, and Smuttynose IPA. I'm not done yet, dripping an absinthe from about 10 hours north of here and seeing what beer I want next!

Ommegang Rouge, followed by Brewdog's Paradox Islay1998 Bowmore Cask, and 1966 Port Dundas Cask Imperial Stouts.

Wowest, wower, and just plain wow, in that order.

Oooh! I've been wanting to try that Rouge! Why can't I find it here? I almost picked up a bottle of Ommegeddon today to put down for a bit, but some gueuze got in my way.

Just finished a Montmartre, and now sipping(GULP) a Founders Dirty Bastard.

cowbwoy, what did you think of that Sam Adams Pilsner? I bought some out of curiosity a while back, I thought it was ok but I won't repeat it for that kind of money (seems it was about $9 for 4/pk bottles).

Gueuze ... I stumbled across Lindeman's Cuvee Rene for the first time just a couple of weeks ago, $10 for a 750 ml. bottle. I was very pleasantly surprised. I had heard good things about this beeer, but Lindemans reputation for sweet-ish fruit lambics had me skeptical. The brett note was somewhat subdued, but it was there and very pleasant (seems a little crazy to be describing brett as "pleasant" :) ). The acidic/sour character was very nice, I've had some sharply acidic lambics and this one was more smooth, very refreshing. Glad I finally had a chance to try it, it's one that I've been aware of for years but just never came across it.

Hadn't heard about the Ommegang Rouge, I'll be on the lookout for that one. I have two bottles of 2008 "Three Philosophers" resting in the fridge next to a 750 ml. cork-topped bottle of Duchesse de Burgogne, so I've got the Ommegang and the Flemish red, but not together! I had the DdB once a long time ago, looking forward to trying it again.

DdB is in my top 10 list of beers, it is to me a fruit soda, I know there is no fruit in it , but the tangy fruity flaivor is one of a kind.

Gueuze is wonderful in small measures, the flavor should be quite tart, but not to the verge of vinigar. You can taste why fruit is used to smooth/ease certain flavors in many lambics.

The SA was a disapointment until it warmed upthe the hops took over and I was sold on it.

A glass or two of clandestine Vert, followed by some IPA.

I'm trying my best to kill the keg so I can put a keg of Trippel in the refrigerator, but the keg of IPA just goes on and on.

Just cracked open my first bottle of Obsello. I'm getting lots of honey and earthy herbs. Different but entirely pleasant. After a while, I plan to try some Blanche De Fougerolles, or as I call it, Blank Fuji Rolls.

Smuttynose IPA. damn I like hops!

Have you tried their Old Dog Brown?

now sipping(GULP) a Founders Dirty Bastard.

A good Scotch, but a bit too much malt body for my taste.

Finished up the last of my Bell's Amber Ale I got in the mountains. For sure one of my favorite sessions.

Oooh! I've been wanting to try that Rouge! Why can't I find it here?

Dunno, but it's only available on draft, apparently in very limited quantity, so I was lucky to even get to sample any at all.

It's a contract brew done by Bockor (from some town in Belgium I've never heard of in Belgium) for Ommegang. Their other sour beers get mediocre ratings on Ratebeer, so I figure Ommegang's recipe must be superior. Hopefully, they'll do a collaborative reprise, and also make a bottled version available, otherwise, they're Kompleat Dumasses™.

Smuttynose IPA. damn I like hops!

Have you tried their Old Dog Brown?

I picked up a bomber yesterday! I'm sure it will be cracked tonight.

now sipping(GULP) a Founders Dirty Bastard.

A good Scotch, but a bit too much malt body for my taste.

It was a good change of pace after all those hops. I was suprised at the amount of roastyness bordering on stout terratory.

Finished up the last of my Bell's Amber Ale I got in the mountains. For sure one of my favorite sessions.

Their Two Hearted Ale does it for me, yum!