DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

(it's almost bordering on butterscotch, which is interesting, Todd, given your sensitivity to diacetyl) from years back, and a very creamy texture. The Pisco base is excellent, but I think if it were rectified a tad more, the floral aspects of this lovely absinthe would be able shine through even brighter Todd. I'm definitely hooked, as it is, though. :thumbup:

Wow, good memory. Yeah, diacetyl is not my thing. That's the coriander, imho, giving that vanilla/butterscotch flavor. I like it. I think it works well with the other flavors, and adds to the perception of creaminess.

But I'm siding with you, Jaded P. and Kirk and rectifying the Pisco a bit more for future batches. It won't show up for a while, as I've got a few barrels filled.

Glad you're enjoying the tweaks.

That's the coriander, imho, giving that vanilla/butterscotch flavor. I like it. I think it works well with the other flavors, and adds to the perception of creaminess.

Indeed.

And, yes, I'm really enjoying all the tweaks since batch #4. I get more of a sense of true evolution from this absinthe than from any other commercially available example, and that really adds to the whole Leopold Bros. experience.

Original Martinis

Classic Martinis (Plymouth)

Classic Martini (Kensington)

Arsenic and Old Laces

Monkey Glands

Plum Liqueur

Slivoitz

A couple of bottles of wine.

But I celebrated with only 3 glasses of absinthe.

I love a nice cast party for a successful show. B)

Single malt night last night! A friend who had visited Islay brought back a bottle of Laphroaig Cairdeas and some other goodies, and had a few friends over for a tasting.

Laphroaig Cairdeas (55%)

Suntory Yamazaki 12 year

Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey

Bowmore Dusk

Bruichalddich 3D3

Talisker 10 year

Talisker 16 year, 62% (Cadenhead bottling)

Tamdhu 10 year

is what I remember drinking. There were other bottles that were out during the evening, but I can't recall if I got into any of them.

Tonight I'm thinking maybe just a little blanche, something a little more refreshing.

G'Vine over ice. Quite refreshing while sitting on the porch listening to Pink Floyd.

I'm talking m e l l o w . B)

Finally.

Super people, eh? That's always good to hear. To the fine folks at Stranahan's, then! :cheers:

If I read the label right, I get to try a Dark Rum, Barrel #2 from Leopold tomorrow.

Any suggestions? Had the whiskey not been calling my name, I would have tried the rum in a Dark n Stormy this evening.

There are a few recipes on the rum page of the Leopold Bros. website, I had the Havana Night a few nights ago and it was excellent, I think lime juice-based cocktails are a very good match for this rum. I think it would work well in a Dark 'n' Stormy, although my impression is that the heavy richness of the traditional Black Seal rum might hold up better to ginger beer than the more lively Thomas & Leopold's. But I think it's an experiment worth trying, and I still have a few cans of Barrit's Ginger Beer in the fridge :)

And I'll second Leopold's comments on the Stranahan's folks, they are a class act. Went up with some friends several months ago and Jake (the distlller) took us on a very nice tour, took some time out to talk and answer a lot of geeky questions, and shared a couple of drinks with us.

Rum is gone.

Havana Night was very tasty!

The rum is a little over-powered by the ginger beer in the Dark N Stormy but still quite enjoyable.

I should think it would be quite good in a Mojito.

I like your rum very much, Leopold! :cheers:

But I celebrated with only 3 glasses of absinthe.

I love a nice cast party for a successful show. B)

Lord, what fools these mortals be. ;)

Congrats on a successful show! :cheers:

:worshippy: (that's a curtain call) Thanks! It's been an excellent run for us. I have a few days off now to bask in my company's magnificence. Just kidding but it sure felt good.

I've moved on to the 10 year old Sazerac. That. Is. So. Smooth! Were it available, I'd keep a bottle in my bar (Constantly in need of replacing, I fear.)

Rum is gone.

Havana Night was very tasty!

The rum is a little over-powered by the ginger beer in the Dark N Stormy but still quite enjoyable.

I should think it would be quite good in a Mojito.

I like your rum very much, Leopold! :cheers:

Thank you kindly. We're going to be putting more of it down beginning in the spring when our new potstill arrives. It's fun to make, but difficult to distill in a small 150 liter hybrid still. Foam, foam, foam.

Thomas & Leopold Single Barrel Dark Rum & Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey :thumbup:

I most heartily endorse these products.

Now DITAs.

Prosecco, a splash of a verte of dubious origin, and a sugar cube.

I won't be around much longer. At least tonight. :drunk:

Scaries fip hence.

I'd like to much your good dry oats.

I have a venturous squirrel that shall seek out the hoard and fetch thee new nuts.

Shakespeare was so dirty.

Butt, in that regard, he was far from unusual, dear lady.

After all, bathing wasn't high on anybody's priority list, back then. :tongue:

I've moved on to the 10 year old Sazerac. That. Is. So. Smooth! Were it available, I'd keep a bottle in my bar (Constantly in need of replacing, I fear.)

How does it compare to the standard baby Saz? This 10 year single barrel is the only Sazerac I've had, we're about 1/2 way through our second bottle, with one more full one hiding behind it on the shelf.

And your suggestion of a Mojito with the Leopold's rum, ooooh, I think you're definitely on to something there ...

Back from a trip to NY, mostly sober. Tonight: Green Flash Hop Head Red, 2 green samples from the NY hills, Brooklyn Oktoberfest, and now L'Italienne!

So it was the Southern. I'm still hoping for some Chico. Got my feelerz out.

Nope, it was the 2008 12th Release Harvest Wet Hop Ale, it just hit the stores last week. The Chico only made it to a couple stores here and dissapeared right away!

Yeah, I snagged some of the Wet Hop too up in the Smokey's this past weekend. A shame about the Chico, I was looking forward to tasting it.

The Harvest this year seems to have less of the fresh, clean, citrus profile as last years. Still awesome and much betterer than a basic IPA, just not as I remembered.

Blanche Traditionelle. Essai #4. Purty damn good.

Easin' into the generic black stuff (Guinness) as I prepare to prepare pork shoulder tonite. Green Beans and I'm not sure what else but rest assured it'll be a festival of butter and pork fat. :dev-cheers:

Green Beans and I'm not sure what else but rest assured it'll be a festival of butter and pork fat. :dev-cheers:

I am on a diet and you are killing me.

I loves me some buttered pork fat. :heart: