DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

At $150 a bottle, that's difficult to contradict. ;)

I saved $45 on shipping by ordering two.

They should be here this weekend.

The delivery service is right speedy.

This is my little reward for working my tushy off this summer.

Drinking some over watered L'italienne..opps.

Broke my fountain the other night. Which is ok, because I prefer a dripper. Of course, My friend broke my dripper 8 months ago, so I have to do the water bottle hold and wait trip. Gonna have to order a new dripper, and at least one bottle. I love a good excuse :laugh:

A green and a white absinthe, post-rehearsal while eating a late dinner of left-over pork ribs and garlic potatoes.

Mmmm, Buffalo Trace.

Diet Pepsi for me!

A friend and I are off to lake Mille Lacs at 5am to do some walleye fishing.

Sweet. You catch 'em and I'll cook 'em. Better still, you catch 'em and cook 'em and I'll keep your glass full.

Good hunting, Leroy! :cheers:

Long night. I djed my best friend, dj soulmarcosa's going away party, Guiness, Carolina Pale Ale, and Dogfishhead 60 before they kicked us out. We went to a friends house, really cool Punjabi that is a professor at UNC. I found a bottle of Ouzo that is not available around here, started with that, then a friend found a bottle of a Wa. belgian style triple, frog something, good stuff! Then I got into a nice conversation with the Punjab, and he ended up bringing out a 4 year old bottle of homemade raki that he brought back from a trip to greece, very much akin to grappa, very big grape/raison aroma, clean brandy/moonshine flavor, damn, I need more!

Catching up a little, last night was Kübler, then another blanche, then a Ricard, all accompanying Michael Palin's Python years Dairies. Pretty interesting reading if you're a Python fan.

Tonight was a Last Word cocktail, inspired by Wild Bill Turkey's post over in the cocktail section. Equal portions of (Leopold's) gin, green Chartreuse, Maraschino liqueur, lime juice, shaken with ice and strained. Very tasty!

With lunch I had a cocktail of sample bottle spillage, and a Stone Ruination IPA. Now I'm sipping on a farmhouse gingered ale of my own design.

Bad day at daycare for my Daughter (fourth time being bitten) so I'm celebrating with a Margarita made with Jose Cuervo Classico, Jose Cuervo mix, and Grand Marnier. SOOO GOOD!

Had three experimental blanches this evening, and topped it off with some Promethee. A very interesting verte it is. The first couple of sips are a bit too peppery for me, but then it smoothes out quite a bit.

Someone will be getting a PM soon about the blanches. :thumbup:

Peppery reminds me of what I've heard (but have not tried) about Montmarte.

Is it similar to that?

I may be mistaken - I guess Montmarte is more cinnamon?

Excuse please - this words is filtered through a few shot of PF

voom kazoo magoo woo-hooey. - say THAT fast five times. i dare ya...

Drinking some over watered L'italienne..opps.

Broke my fountain the other night. Which is ok, because I prefer a dripper. Of course, My friend broke my dripper 8 months ago, so I have to do the water bottle hold and wait trip. Gonna have to order a new dripper, and at least one bottle. I love a good excuse :laugh:

I'm prone to overwatering my drinks. Sometimes I get distracted.

Breaking fountains suck.

alot

Me too!! Okay so not really but after the past week one drink does seem like alot.

Good to see you!!!

Bad day at daycare for my Daughter (fourth time being bitten) so I'm celebrating with a Margarita made with Jose Cuervo Classico, Jose Cuervo mix, and Grand Marnier. SOOO GOOD!

That is too sad. I hope your daughter is okay.

Are you drinking a mixto?

I'm drinking a baby Sazerac. It is nice. Warming and soothing. A beautiful way to end the first day of autumn. Happy Autumn! :cheers:

Well I guess it is a mixto (I had to look it up). Works perfectly for margaritas or what we called a Snake Bite back in my teen years.

1 1/2 oz. tequila

pinch of salt

lime wedge

Lick the back of your left hand and sprinkle salt on that spot. Hold shot of tequila in left hand and lime wedge in right hand. Lick salt, drink tequila, suck lime.