DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Agree that the 72 Amer is a drinkable mid-range product, but I do find it has a bit of harsh alcohol bite to it. It also leaves a mouth feel ("coat") less agreeable than other mid-rangers. As for the need for sugar, this is one that comes across to me as already almost too sweet (yeah, I like it bitter).

Just finishing my re-acquaintance with the Amer and am off to the Duplais Blanche...

Jruined, I think you will like the LaBleue alot. Much better in every category compared to the Lemecier, although you will still be able to strip away at what you are tasting in each seperate sip of herbal goodness. The Guy is much less complex and carries an altogether different palate. It is inexpensive, however.

This shit is fun!©JRuined

For this and no other reason, those of you that have the balls to let your wounds stay wide-wide open, and drink until your glass has satisfied you beyond memory; you've eaten your life right up, you've burnt up your tact, you've given up on impressing people.  I love you.
Wow, Grimmy. I've never heard you so unchained.
Brooks, You certainly did leave me behind. Made me sad.  Plenty of other nights ahead I'm sure. As far as drinking on the east coast is concerned, let me know about any gatherings that may be in the works.
Had my head been where yours was last night, J, I'd have stuck around. My little brain was burnt to a cinder, and I'm sorry for being a party farty. There will be other nights. In the meantime, why don't you join us in DC for Lautrecfest?
I don't think Slackjaw is the only gentleman, Brooks.  There are a few left.
There certainly are, T73. ;)
Loved the VdF.  Reminded me of strong iced tea on a summer day.
Absinthe "changes" on me in a way that no other drink does. I can dislike a particular absinthe until one night the dog finds its light and does a star turn. Conversely, I've had favorites fall from grace. I used to be a fan of the VdF, and then I wasn't. My response to absinthe is anything but fixed, and that keeps it interesting.

J, I would recommend the Eduoard over the FG, but that's just me.

When is Lautrecfest, and where in D.C.?

I'm only slightly familiar with the town from some grip work I did there for a stage group. Good time, cool environment from what I remember. Also a good excuse for my wife and I to hit the road and do some driving. Nothing beats a nice road trip with a worthy destination.

-j.

Sounds good. If anything the drive to D.C. from here isn't too horrible, so at the very least, coming out for the gallery run will be good to go. My wife and I would do it anyway, just to enjoy most of the art on display. As rough around the edges as I can be, nothing beats sitting in front of a painting and taking in all of the elements that make for a beautiful image.

The partying helps too.

:cheers:

-j.

nothing beats sitting in front of a painting and taking in all of the elements that make for a beautiful image. 

It's like drinking Absinthe with your eyes.

I see Brooks figured out the multi-quote in my absence. I am glad to be home. Gin and Tonics in Phoenix (96degrees out) is not nearly as good as Absinthe in Montana (currently 38 and snowing).

Sixty-five sunny, cloudless degrees in NYC today. Happy Easter to thems what celebrates it!

Multi-quotes are a piece of cake, Shai. It's nesting quotes that separate the pips from the macintoshes.

Sixty-five sunny, cloudless degrees in NYC today. Happy Easter to thems what celebrates it!

Multi-quotes are a piece of cake, Shai. It's nesting quotes that separate the pips from the macintoshes.

Pips on Easter?

I think you means, Peeps! :cheers:

There IS one candy more revolting than marshmallow Peeps, and it's those orange marshmallow peanuts that surface at Halloween.

Perhaps the Czechs can be persuaded to come up with a Halloween ritual this year?