DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I don't have any idea where it's available...now.

I scored the last two bottles from Haggen a couple of days ago.

There's a rumor that Fred Meyer in Burlington has it, but I checked the two out in Bellingham, and no trace was to be found, so I have my doubts.

Hopefully they'll get another shipment in at Haggen real soon, cuz those two bottles are now just empty decorator pieces, and I'm left with a mighty craving for more.

Sorry, Mr. Wink Wink, but the stuff was too tasty to stop at one. As soon as it's (very hopefully) reordered, and I can get my greedy hands on some more, I'll happily share the wealth. :cheers:

Red Diamond Shiraz (WA 2002) with steak sushi for dinner.

Funny it tastes a lot like wormwood.

Oh yeah, we striped a few pounds with Attack Accountant this evening.

Everything tastes like wormwood.

I really need a shower. :drunk:

Our antique shop used to be in that venereal...er, I mean venerable old neighborhood.

I miss the vitality, and chaos of the old stompin' grounds, once in a great while...and then I wake up. :)

Last night poured up two glasses, Duplais Balance and Eichelberger. One for me and one for the wife, although I took the opportunity to sip both. They were actually more different than I was expecting, based on previous experience. The Balance was noticeably sweeter, and I get a sweet minty character, reminiscent of Wrigley's mint chewing gum. The Eich leaned more towards dry and herbal. I really like both of these a lot, having them together was an eye opener.

While shopping a liquor store in a nearby 'burg, I happened to find a few bottles of Kensington Gin. I have been looking for it for quite some time.

This is some pretty tasty stuff! :cheers:

Yesterday it was La Coquette, alternating with VDF, served up on a bed of Guinness. All day. More Guinness with dinner, and some Lucid afterward for my drunken friends who now are Hurtin'.

Today, an opening salvo of the Guinness to establish a base, and who knows where it's gonna go.

A Widow's Kiss. With Boulard & green Chartreuse.

I need to find some of the yellow, I think that would be better. Had a sip last night made with yellow and Cardinal (in this case, in French that means "asswash") calvados. Not so good.

Negra Modelo, Patron(horrors!), more Guinness,etc, etc,

Golden Trout in a nice white whine sauce ,Broccoli and Zucchini among other veggie goodies, lots of garlic and butter, green onions, and some rice based risotto-like product based on the above, so maybe some Reisling therewith or Patron depending on how it all falls out between the lime and basil. Right now I'm poppin' cherry tomatoes alternating with smoked fresh mozzarella.

Yeah, I cook when I'm loaded.....Shut up and enjoy already. :dev-cheers:

Kübler for me tonight. Short night ahead and lots of windshield time tomorrow.

My buddy mentioned something about sitting in a chair by a lake drinking beer and fishing. I'm not keen about sitting in a chair though. :devil:

:cheers:

If possible, we'll meet up with bksmithey and his family and a few other members.

Maybe Leopold will be available so we can visit them as well.

I never know what's going to happen next when we travel. Driving allows me to take a few extra things on board. I won't be limited to a 2 oz. bottle in a plastic bag. :devil:

We'll see how we do on the lottery tonight. B)

Roquette, I still haven't gotten to love this one, only an inch or so left in the bottle that I got when it was first released.

Beer of my own making, gingered saison and abby style dubbel.

I need to try some of the Firefly!

Seems to be finding its place right alongside absinthe in the college scene. Last Saturday at the Clemson football game, a co-worker of mine spotted a kid tailgaiting holding a handle of Sweet Tea with a straw in it.