DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I formed a taste for it years ago in Tucson, my then-girlfriend would go to one particular liquor store where the ancient proprietor was sweet on her and would let her have sixers for free. Now whenever I eat mexican it's the one...

I always get the name switched around!

and one more hit of La Coquette as well, for the drinking record.

tonight.. just a little Provocateur.... perhaps the best pinot noir I have ever had.. pity they only made 537 cases worth.

it is great alone.. or combined with a nice Vicodan makes an excellent painkiller for those that just had toe bone surgery. (last friday)

:huh:

Voyager Single-Batch Gin from Pacific Distillery and tonic. B)

Just out of curiosity, is that the Lady Washington on the label?

378fshipbattle21kqu3.jpg

It could be, but I really haven't a clue. It would make a nice story though...

The gin is in the "Formula approval" process from the TTB at this point. I'm hoping to have it ready for stores by this All-Hallows Eve.

Negro Modela (Negra Modelo, btw)

Horribly underrated beer.

Aside from Noche Buena, it's been my favorite Mexican brew for over thirty years.

Finished off a bottle of New Amsterdam gin this evening. I enjoy the stuff over ice. Okay, so I'm slurring a bit.

Cheers! Ya'll! B)

Good night Chet, Good night David.

Good night WS!

:wave2:

Edit: I've never experienced Negro Modelo. It's all over the place here. I'll give it a whirl this weekend.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's pretty good stuff.

Tonight, I had a vanilla rose:

1 1/2 oz. Vanilla Vodka

3 oz Rose nectar

5 drops frech lime juice

Not bad for my first Rose nectar cocktail.

Oh, I've had the New Amsterdam before and it is quite nice for the price. I'll buy more.

What I really want is some of that gin made in Washinton. When it's available of course. B)

I'm on it. After re-reading your post I figured out what you meant. I'm inebriated and really shouldn't be here. I'll see you sooooooooooooooooon.

:cheers:

B

New Belgium Abbey tonight. I should drink that more often. Great beer, I sort of take it for granted since it's plentiful here.

Found a bottle of Thomas & Leopold Single Barrel Rum locally the other day, barrel number 2. Now I just need to find an opportunity to open it. It's been strictly absinthe and gin lately, finally got out of that rut with the beer tonight. Maybe the rum tomorrow. Haven't had a Mai Tai in quite some time, and the mint won't be growing in the yard much longer here in Colorado ...

No, I meant with the beer. :thumbup:

New Amsterdam?

They're about as exciting as the Saranac line, also by Matt's.

Much betteretter than the crap they used to brew, like Utica Clubfoot, and Maximus Stupor, though.

Crystal Geyser Springwater.

Hey, it's 8 a.m. here, and I'm just warming up.

I might even go wild and crazy with some Sprecher Diet Root Beer, if the mood strikes. :yahoo:

Had plenty of Lucid last night and some Bluecoat gin the night before (loved it!). Also tried some Yuenling beer for the first time. Not bad. Light and sweet. Not a patch on Aussie beers though. ;)

Also had some pretty damned special vino:

2830204951_113efa2754.jpg

Just wanted to share… I finally lost my absinthe cherry last night. My dear wife brought home a bottle of Lucid yesterday as a gift for me. I must say, it wasn't disappointing, maybe it was a bit underwhelming. When I opened it I thought it had a great nose, real nice anise and lots of background stuff I am not experienced enough to pick out yet. The color was much paler than I expected. I drank it with 1 sugar cube at about 3:1 (I also added 2 ice cubes post-drip to keep it cold). I thought the louche was nice, fun to watch, although being my 1st I have no comparisons to make. I thought the flavor was ok. I definitely didn't dislike it, but it was a bit, well, murky was the 1st word that came to me, and much milder than I had thought it would be. I had expected a much bigger, complex flavor and it was much lighter and simpler than I anticipated. Maybe I was the victim of my own expectations. All that said, I'm very proud to now say I have finally had my 1st absinthe. I may have to turn to DUNY or LDF for my next taste, since the only brand to be found on the shelves here in Texas seems to be Lucid. I have read thru the reviews fairly thoroughly, but if anyone has any recommendations for me as to my next choice(s), I'm all ears. I will be having my 2nd and perhaps 3rd or 4th glass of absinthe tonight, so Cheers! in advance.

:cheers:

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Edit: for my terrible spelling!

Edited by mesteele

BevMo is having their 5 cent wine sale. Buy one bottle and get the 2nd for 5 cents. Some of the spirits they carry on on sale to. It's mostly low end flavored rums but they do have Pyrat Pistols on sale. I got 4 bottles for around 40 bucks the other day. It's delicious and I've been drinking that all week.

Damn that BevMo 5 Cent sale. I have been drinking wine every night. Now my cravings for wine are becoming out of control. Must....have...more....wine..... Well, back to BevMo tonight.

Just wanted to share… I finally lost my absinthe cherry last night. My dear wife brought home a bottle of Lucid yesterday as a gift for me.

Give your wife a big hug and kiss. She has done you a wonderful favor but a terrible thing to your bank account. :cheers:

Well I just brought home about a case of wine from the Santa Ynez valley area last week so no BevMo 5 cent wine sale for me, the rack is full!

But tonight it's Jade Verte Suisse so far, I'm sure there will be more!