DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I just got a hankering for Death in the Afternoon; looks like I'm stopping for a bottle of champagne on my way home. I can't believe more people don't like that cocktail.

One of my favorites.

Then again people say all my taste is in my mouth.

Yes.

I won't say "it ain't perfect" again, I promise

:cheers:

Edit: I pay for my mistakes as they're considered lessons to me.

Ah, man! I wish we were with you!

But I'll have something green to match my envy. :cheers:

Here's a few shots of the festivities T. Plenty of Absinthe water, very heavy on the absinthe, was drank at the fairgrounds. Afterwards everything was drank at the bars, Johnny Walker, Black Velvet, Jello shots and I remember some Tequila in there somewhere, $100.00 worth?!?! Oh man how did I get home last night? Couldn't have drove since my wheels never left the house and I'm sure I was in no shape to walk either. Not feeling too great this morning, but there's trout to be caught out there somewhere dammit.

IMG_3821_1_1.jpg

IMG_3858_1_1.jpg

Aide-by-side tasting of PF 1914, and L'Italienne.

Obviously, the 1914 is spicier, and definitely creamier, with a much fruitier anise presence, and a far more dynamic wine alcohol base.

That being said, the floral compent of the two are very strikingly similar, but the L'Italienne's is the the standout of the two.

We bagged over a hundred pounds of dried wormwood, today. Everything tastes bitter!

Three or four glasses of absinthe, dinner and now enjoying my home made ice cream: Vanilla Bean & Cognac.

After my blind tasting, we're settling in with a Dark n Stormy and an appropriate toast toward Baton Rouge. I bet I head for the Buffalo Trace next.

Started with a Ayeinger Hefe-Weizen. Then 2 gut rot high gravity beers. Im warmed up for some unknown verte, and blanche. Then off to bed, got to get up early for a long day of homebrewing my pale ale all grain beer. My friend and I are going to try to crank out 2 all grain batches tomarow, 1 of Pale ale, and 1 of Oatmeal Stout. Should be good time.

Tonight...some absinthes that shall remain nameless for a blind tasting I've got set up, some Balance, and some Clandestine. Trying to get the most out of the sunshine and the lopsided porch before I have to move out of the beloved crumbling Victorian duplex in Sept.

Last night: Helfrich Verte. Mmmmm- bottle almost empty, I'll miss it when it's gone. Also, a glass of the uber tasty VS.

gbhelfvert1aih7.jpggbhelfvert1beq4.jpggbhelfvert1ckh9.jpg

gbjadevs1age5.jpggbjadevs1bll1.jpggbjadevs1ckp6.jpg

Three days of tea and water to recoup.

I'm with ya in spirit Green Baron. Helfrich and VS would be two of my top three CO's, throw in an Ike and you'd have all three.

Power out for an hour now. Lost a pine in the yard. Fell toward woods. My iPhone is my only link right now. ETexas, you should be starting to get some of it now.

Sitting in the dark with a dram of Bunnahabhain.

Just finished a glass of Taboo. Was surprised to see that my local liquor store in BC, Canada carried it, and after hearing about it through Oxygenee, I was anxious to try it. I enjoyed it, but compared to the bottle of Clandestine that I've been nursing, I prefer the Clandestine. Now I need to find a nice night to enjoy my sample of Edouard Pernod Lunel c1880.

Stop drinking zealots Molly!

Wilson, Mellow_Goat, ET, and anyone else down there, keep yer powder dry.

Jeebus! Is the next one headed toward Hissy & Oscar?

I sipped a bit of North Shore's Aquavit. Interesting. Tried the St. George again. Hmmmm.

Amongst them there were greens and clears. There may have been a red one, yikes! Last night was sample night. Several drinks but smallish amounts of each. Teasers!

I'm much better now that I'm at work. <yawn>

:cheers:

Lucid earlier this evening, followed with Duplais.

I'm stopping there. I have work tommorow. ;)

I keyed off mostly on the citrus and the wormwood (albiet not like Ponty) that came through, along with its very clean profile. Did you sample any of the first batch of Italienne?

I think I need a more to sample.

Nope, never tried the prototype, but I can certainly taste (in the commercial version) how the Italian wormwood would be even better suited to the recipe than the more assertive Pontarlier varietal.