DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Just got home, had 2 24 oz gutrot highgravitys, after work. Went to a friends house, and had small party of local friends, that go way back. Had 5 Redhook ipa's. Had mabey one busch light I think, in the middle somewhere. Feeling very beer drunk, didnt do any driving tho, I live in a town you can walk across in 10 minutes. Just hope tomarow is my day to sleep in :devil: Its always good to see old friends 10 years plus.

Ipa's rule too. Just dont try to polish the whole sixer. I guess its kinda mediocore, its like 6.? alcohol per beer. Redhook ipa's are good, but a little thick, I feel like I ate a steak dinner.

A little mead for me tonight. Not too much. I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow!

Travel carefully! We're looking forward to our Green Hour. :cheers:

I ventured out to a few bars last night. Ordered a Glenlivet and water at one, got it on the rocks!? Looked far and wide for Bushmills and not one bar here carries it, Pendleton is everywhere though. Really makes me want to drink at home.

I've seen the Southern Hemisphere Harvest ale in a couple of the larger liquor stores that I visit here in Colorado (bought a bottle, haven't tried it yet). From Sierra Nevada's web site it sounds like the Chico may see pretty limited distribution. I'll keep my eyes open but I'm not holding out much hope that I'll find any this year.

I had the Waldorf Cocktail I'd been planning on for several days, and I was sorely disappointed. 1-1/2 oz. Wild Turkey 101, 1/2 oz Lucid, and 1/2 oz M&R Rosso Vermouth. Stirred with ice, strained into a cocktail glass, and way too hot. Not balanced at all. What a disappointment...

:thumbdown:

I prefer Rare Breed if I'm drinking WT.

Tonight I sippped absinthe with the owners of a new bar/food fixin' place. They had what is legal in Okla-by gawd-homa, Lucid, grande absente, Kübler and absente.

I took samples of montmartre, La Coquette and Jade NO.

We also discussed sugar/no sugar plus fire/no fire.

It looks like we have a winning place. The bartenders paid close attention and prefered the traditional method and the owners were glad we were there to educate, Just happened to be a grand affair with the local theater group and a few of them stopped by to sip a bit and leave with curiosity on their faces.

They had two fountains in use by the time we left.

I think it went over quite well. B)

That was my evening. :cheers:

Finished off the Buffalo Trace.

Finished off the Stranahan's Whiskey from my Colorado friend. (Thank you once again for that fine booze)

Wiped out a lovely absinthe from another dear friend.

Just happened to be a grand affair with the local theater group and a few of them stopped by to sip a bit and leave with curiosity on their faces.

Bah! It's the time of year when theatre people begin to emote.

or

Bah! They were merely doing character studies for their performance in Gross Indecency.

Ten hours on the road today, which included a nice visit to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. Beautiful and full of animals.

A glass of something green and wheew, I'm spent!

Well. sometime this afternoon, I opened a bottle of Jameson. I just finished it. I have not been this drunk in a long time. I hope I have not offended anyone.

Well. sometime this afternoon, I opened a bottle of Jameson. I just finished it.

How ya feeling Wilson? :devil:

Well. sometime this afternoon, I opened a bottle of Jameson. I just finished it. I have not been this drunk in a long time. I hope I have not offended anyone.

Not at all, that I'm aware of. Congratulations just on finding your keyboard! :twitchsmile:

Way too much legendary (and beautifully aged) Besançon-style absinthe last night.

After all these years (well a few, anyway), it's still my all-time favorite.

Sierra Nevada Anniversary 2008 last night.

I love that stuff. The local 6 pack store has it on tap and I'm routinely going in for half gallons.

I felt pretty good when I woke up in this morning sitting at my desk. I must have fallen asleep right after posting above.

Starting with New Amsterdam Gin over ice. ya gotta have a cool refreshing drink if you're grillin' this time of year.

Now, it's time to poke the fire. :devil:

:cheers:

Gin and tonic this afternoon while glazing a window. And busting a window, and replacing a window, and glazing a window.

Fresh clandestine Vert.

Sazerac (Overholt).

Ballantine IPA Clone attempt (not good but drinkable).

Berger clone, Edouard Clone, Besançon style clone, and a glass of my lost 1914 that has mysteriously reappeared...why ask why? :yahoo:

Was having internet issues last night, but I had a couple bottles of Czechvar. It's not bad but I won't be going out of my way for it in the future.

Last night a few beers from Dogfish Head. That Midas Touch Golden Elixir is really tasty I tell ya! They claim that the recipe is for the oldest fermented beverage in the world. Don't know how they know that but it really is fine.

I'm so not in the working mood today. I think I will skip the gym and head straight for the vertes tonight!