DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I just haven't figured out how to have them at work, yet. :thumbup:
That is what company travel mugs are for. :devil:

I've been nursing clubs soda and bitters throughout the day. I would have much rather gone to work.

I'm starting with L'Italienne then moving on to Twin tec. As I was louching the L'Italienne the DIL decided to make some popcorn. I can get the aroma and taste but it would be better without the popcorn aroma all through the house.

The Twin tec is next. Same issues. I'll have to try them another time so I won't have to sort the aroma's.

I'm glad it's here. :cheers:

I hope you feel better soon Maggie! You may be onto something there with the closed top travel mug. I doubt they'd buy the licorice tea ruse. I probably should be looking for a new job soon anyway.

Something green, wormwoody and delicious in my glass tonight. :cheers: Oops that went quick, time for another!

Just keep your bottled water on your desk like I do. Take a sip or so and pour in a dose of blanche. The louche is barely noticable but you get the flavor and ability to smile when you have a sip while talking to co-workers and so forth. you get the aroma and slight taste and few folks know what you're up to. :devil:

Has anyone told you guys that you're bad influences! :thumbup:

Something green again for me with a bit less wormwood this time. Mmmm.

On to the Twin Tec. Way different from the L'Italienne. I have a special place for both of them.

Ya'll have a nice night :cheers:

B

Has anyone told you guys that you're bad influences

Yes, I wasn't the least bit offended. :pirate:

Just keep your bottled water on your desk like I do. Take a sip or so and pour in a dose of blanche. The louche is barely noticable but you get the flavor and ability to smile when you have a sip while talking to co-workers and so forth. you get the aroma and slight taste and few folks know what you're up to. :devil:

Absinthe water! :cheers:

Fat Tire.

Me too. A bit out of balance for a belgian. Too much malt, and the yeast doesn't throw esters like it should.

I miss the Fat Tire I had in 1987.

Mmmmn, absinthe water!

I've been drinking beer, and making candy, and drinking beer, and nibbling on strong cheese, and drinking beer, and cooking, and brewing beer, and drinking beer, and...

I just pulled out my bottle of Maitresse and it has gone golden! Quite like the sourwood honey my GF just brought back from the mountains. Quite pretty, a little hot on the nose, I'll taste it soon.

Fat Tire.

Me too. A bit out of balance for a belgian. Too much malt, and the yeast doesn't throw esters like it should.

I was a bit disapointed. I have been reading about it for a few years in Zymurgy, BYO, All About Beer, and online, and finaly found it in a CVS in Endicino CA. It is not much of a Belgian beer, I like, but not what I was expecting at all. Toated & biscuity to a fault, a little fruity yeast esters would help. If it makes its way here I will certainly buy it as a quality beverage.

The Maitresse louches to a beautiful lemonaide hue, there is a touch of the tart Hibiscus still present, but it remains a very simple absinthe.

I do too T73, I know I love the price! Gotta put a bottle on the list as mine went dry sometime last week and the Bulleit I got that was in the same price range ain't quite as good.

I had the Waldorf Cocktail I'd been planning on for several days, and I was sorely disappointed. 1-1/2 oz. Wild Turkey 101, 1/2 oz Lucid, and 1/2 oz M&R Rosso Vermouth. Stirred with ice, strained into a cocktail glass, and way too hot. Not balanced at all. What a disappointment...

:thumbdown:

Well, that's as may be. The recipes I read all consistently called for an assertive bourbon to stand up to the absinthe, and I figured, "why stop short?" It was as much as I could think of. I wasn't going to try Pritchard's Double Barreled!

Perhaps I'll try it again with Jim Beam Black or even Bulleit.

For now, though, a refreshing bit of limoncello, while the bride takes a glass of Smirnoff's premixed Grand Cosmopolitan. She finds that if you sugar the rim with fresh lime and toss the lime in the glass, it's hard to tell from a hand-made cosmo. And she loves the heck out of cosmos, so I'll defer to her judgment.

Last night- a double- Cragganmore 12 y/o single malt w/ 2 ice cubes. I think I am addicted to this stuff. Good call on the Cragganmore Shabba.

I've just had my second glass of Jade PF1901. By second, I really mean second, as I've never had a Jade absinthe before. I have had Pernod Fils 1910 and I have to say that I'm feeling a little emotional right now.

Wow.

Yes, there's a difference in the grape base that reminds me of what I didn't like about the Un Emile, but the mouthfeel and the balance of flavours, they all come together to be the only modern absinthe that takes me back to my very first pre-ban experience. Sure, minus the cigars and leather and old books, but still ... wow.

And I've taken lots of photos. I feel a presentation coming on.

Dakini, I'm not sure if I am more envious of the absinthe you're indulging in or the fine company you're sharing it with. Either way, I'd give my eye teeth to be in upstate NY with you. :cheers:

The night previous concluded with

Pernod Fils 1914 (Absomphe sized glasses)

HG :censor1:

HG :censor2:

Today, not a hangover in sight. :cheers:

The best stuff always seems to treat the drinker right, doesn't it?

Now that my 1914 is history (for the second time), I really those mesized glasses of that nectar!

Fat Tire.

I was a bit disapointed. I have been reading about it for a few years in Zymurgy, BYO, All About Beer, and online, and finaly found it in a CVS in Endicino CA. It is not much of a Belgian beer, I like, but not what I was expecting at all. Toated & biscuity to a fault, a little fruity yeast esters would help. If it makes its way here I will certainly buy it as a quality beverage.

I'm a little late to the party here, but if you guys get a chance, give the New Belgium Abbey or Trippel a try. The Abbey is a nice, spicy, estery brown beer (think Chimay red, although it's by no means a Chimay clone); the Trippel is a wildly estery golden triple, as you'd expect. Both of these kick butt all over the Fat Tire.

And then you need to begin a serious quest for the La Folie